Sea Run Browns / NH

Old October 13th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Dana

Default Sea Run Browns / NH

I am planning on trying my luck at an undisclosed location in NH for
Sea Run Browns this year. Just looking for any tips on timing or flies
as I am a poor salt water fisherman.

Any information would be appreciated.

Dana

Old October 13th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Mike Connor

"Dana" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
oups.com...
I am planning on trying my luck at an undisclosed location in NH for
Sea Run Browns this year. Just looking for any tips on timing or flies
as I am a poor salt water fisherman.

Any information would be appreciated.

Dana

For sal****er fishing, these sites should be of some help;

http://globalflyfisher.com/

http://www.sexyloops.com/connorsmetre/saltfly2.shtml

TL
MC

Old October 13th, 2005, 10:18 PM
Stan Gula

Dana wrote:
I am planning on trying my luck at an undisclosed location in NH for
Sea Run Browns this year. Just looking for any tips on timing or
flies as I am a poor salt water fisherman.

Any information would be appreciated.

Dana

Seeing as how NH has what, a 10 mile coastline, it was really pretty easy to
figure out your secret spot and find several web sites about fishing that
particular river. Good recommendations for flies as well as technique.
Google is your friend... Armed with the river name you should have no
trouble finding info. FWIW, I have no personal experience fishing that
river, but the recommendations are very similar to what we used to use on
Cape Cod when we were trying to establish sea run brown trout many years
ago. Hint: as baitfish are pretty much the same in the tidal rivers as
close to shore, the things we use for stripers and blues are effective. For
example, silver sides, sand eels, shrimp patterns. Add mummichaug muddlers
to the flybox and you should be all set for a typically frustrating day.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old October 13th, 2005, 10:44 PM
GaryM

Or: http://just****inggoogleit.com/

Armed
with the river name you should have no trouble finding info.
FWIW, I have no personal experience fishing that river, but the
recommendations are very similar to what we used to use on Cape
Cod when we were trying to establish sea run brown trout many
years ago.

What do you mean "trying". There are few secret spots with sea run
browns and brookies ... not that I have ever caught any, but I have
it on excellent authority.

Hint: as baitfish are pretty much the same in the
tidal rivers as close to shore, the things we use for stripers and
blues are effective. For example, silver sides, sand eels, shrimp
patterns. Add mummichaug muddlers to the flybox and you should
be all set for a typically frustrating day. --

This is true. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old October 14th, 2005, 12:07 AM
Stan Gula

GaryM wrote:
Or: http://just****inggoogleit.com/

Harsh. And for some reason I now have that bookmarked.

Armed
with the river name you should have no trouble finding info.
FWIW, I have no personal experience fishing that river, but the
recommendations are very similar to what we used to use on Cape
Cod when we were trying to establish sea run brown trout many
years ago.

What do you mean "trying". There are few secret spots with sea run
browns and brookies ... not that I have ever caught any, but I have
it on excellent authority.

Shhh. Secret spots are secret spots. FWIW we get an occasional sea run
brown returning to the Westfield in the Spring. I've seen them at the fish
ladder. More than one person has trapped one thinking it was an Atlantic
salmon. Cool looking fish and quite unexpected.

--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old October 14th, 2005, 04:53 PM

sea run browns need to be fished for at night, or first light, on a
falling river after a rain in Oct and Nov

Old October 14th, 2005, 04:55 PM

Not sure you target those in the salt in your area. Where we are, they
are targeted in the tidal freshwater parts of streams, and then again
up in the gravelly spawning areas was up stream.

Old October 14th, 2005, 06:27 PM
GaryM

" wrote in
ups.com:

sea run browns need to be fished for at night, or first light, on a
falling river after a rain in Oct and Nov

You just reminded me that the Stillwater must be loaded with Salmon
these days ... must take a ride over tomorrow.
Old October 17th, 2005, 02:45 PM
Dana

Stan...That's pretty much the joke. With the 10 miles or so of
coastline, there aren't many spots to guess at. It's not a secret spot
for me either - never fished there before so I'm going to be including
some extra frustration into my day.

I appreciate the information.

Dana