TR- PA browns and such

Old October 20th, 2003, 12:50 PM
Tom Littleton

Default TR- PA browns and such

Returned to the local stream yesterday afternoon....figured the Pats were going
to get beaten, and the Eagles are unwatchable. I soon discovered that the fish
were tucked away even more than previous trip. All the good
ones(read:streambred fish)
were in positions which varied from difficult to impossible to cast to, even
using odd casts(bow and arrow,skip cast,etc). The stocked fish were in more
open spots and gladly took a small tan caddis, which matched the predominant
bug.
What proved interesting was that a drift near to the "impossible" spots with a
much larger Ausable Wulff would often enough get the natives to roll out of
hiding and smack the fly. This technique yielded several very nice browns for
the little Trickle of a stream. Coupled with the turning leaves, pleasant
weather and other wildlife, my head was cleared of the worries of the week
past, and I was braced for the week ahead......a good illustration of why I
fish in the first place!
Tom
Old October 21st, 2003, 06:39 AM
Mike

Nice report my friend.....as you say nice way to clear the head

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Old October 21st, 2003, 12:15 PM
Francis Reid

Coupled with the turning leaves, pleasant
weather and other wildlife, my head was cleared of the worries of the week
past, and I was braced for the week ahead......a good illustration of why I
fish in the first place!
Tom

Thanks for the visual. I really missed going up to Penns this Fall. My
brain needs a break. Tight lines my friend.
Frank Reid