Here are a bunch of clear thinkers, that kinow what they're saying

Old October 31st, 2006, 04:11 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Calif Bill

Default Here are a bunch of clear thinkers, that kinow what they're saying

"rb608" wrote in message
oups.com...
wrote:
You mean other than in the heading, the name and when I quit counting,
12 times in the first 4 paragraphs?

I mean the Authorization to Use Military Force, passed September 18,
2001. That bill does not reference Iraq. If you meant H.J. Res 114,
where that window dressing repeated from AUMF is buried as Whereas #23
out of 25, then yeah, I'll give that to you; but to imply that the
invasion of Iraq was in any substantial way connected to 9/11 is no
less dishonest.

why is the Pentagon (including Rumsfeld, et al), the
news media, and the supposedly-caring general populace ignoring those
battlefield officers

I am admittedly unqualified to put myself in the place of battlefield
strategist. Nor am I privy to whatever delusions or machinations go on
in the heads of our so-called leaders. I'm more accusatory as to why
Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, et al ignored the UN weapons inspectors
and their own intelligence agencies when the information didn't fit
their agendas.

Secondly, does the Tet Offensive figure into all of this, and if so, how?

Oh my; a Viet Nam analogy? Whodathunk it. Yeah sure, I could drone on
stupidly about the effect various chronological religious observations
may have on the level of violence; but I try to stay on topic (even
when off topic), I eschew long posts, and I'd be wrong.

Joe F.

The problem in Iraq, is we are not fighting a war! If we are going to send
the military, let them do military things, not a police action! If the
military was unleased, the Al Sadr militia would be no more, as well as any
other militia. Al Sadr would like wise not be a problem If we are not
going to let the military do the military thing, get out.

Old October 31st, 2006, 01:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Having a mistaken belief that Saddam had WMDs is one thing. Going to war
over that mistaken belief is quite another. Waging the war with stunning
incompetence is yet another.

In any case, the fictitious WMDs were just a pretext for war. If WMDs
were the real reason we should have invaded Pakistan and North Korea.
The real reasons were a political calculation that an endless "war on
terrorism" would keep the neocons in power, a lust for oil, and an
Oedipal challenge to GWB's father, who didn't "finish the job."

Bush owns this war. Trying to pin the blame on Clinton is so ridiculous
that only the nuttiest of wing nuts would buy it.

Old October 31st, 2006, 02:27 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

rw wrote:
Bush owns this war. Trying to pin the blame on Clinton is so ridiculous
that only the nuttiest of wing nuts would buy it.

I haven't seen anyone say that, who are you replying to?
- Ken