Help On MySpace

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Rick

Default Help On MySpace

I am looking for a myspace pre made layout that has trout or flyfishing on
it. I love flyfishing and am wanting to start a myspace page but want the
layout to be of trout or flyfishing. If anyone can help me I would really
appreciate it. You can also e-mail me at if you like.
Thanks again, Rick

Old November 3rd, 2006, 01:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JoeSpareBedroom

"Rick" wrote in message
I am looking for a myspace pre made layout that has trout or flyfishing on
it. I love flyfishing and am wanting to start a myspace page but want the
layout to be of trout or flyfishing. If anyone can help me I would really
appreciate it. You can also e-mail me at if you like.
Thanks again, Rick

Keep in mind that every weekday around 2:00 PM, MySpace slows to a crawl
people with pimples and braces get home from school and log in (or try to).
A year after Rupert Murdoch bought the company for $580 million, MySpace
still has not upgraded its server:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...-2884585dt.jpg

Be prepared, too, for their perennial error message: "An unknown error has
occurred. Tech support has been notified". Nonsense. There's no such thing
as an unknown error.

Why not just create your own web page? Doesn't your ISP include some server
space for each customer?

Old November 3rd, 2006, 05:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Skwala

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message
"Rick" wrote in message
I am looking for a myspace pre made layout that has trout or flyfishing on
it. I love flyfishing and am wanting to start a myspace page but want
the layout to be of trout or flyfishing. If anyone can help me I would
really appreciate it. You can also e-mail me at if you
like. Thanks again, Rick

Keep in mind that every weekday around 2:00 PM, MySpace slows to a crawl
people with pimples and braces get home from school and log in (or try
to). A year after Rupert Murdoch bought the company for $580 million,
MySpace still has not upgraded its server:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...-2884585dt.jpg

It may be subjective, but I feel I've noticed a great improvment in speed on
myspace since InterMix Media sold it to News Corp.

Be prepared, too, for their perennial error message: "An unknown error has
occurred. Tech support has been notified". Nonsense. There's no such thing
as an unknown error.

I don't know where you get that idea.... an "unknown error" is eye candy to
give the usere when you have opted for custom error pages/messages, and
haven't created a template for each and every possible error, or care about
confusing the user with tech minutia.

Which when you are dealling with CFML on Blue Dragon (myspace), errors can
result from all sorts of dumb user actions.

(I know, there are no dumb users, only dumb applications.... ha)

Why not just create your own web page? Doesn't your ISP include some
server space for each customer?

Myspace is about building communities (web 2.0), which has advantages over a
lone page lost in the wilderness of the Internet.

Skwala

Old November 3rd, 2006, 06:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JoeSpareBedroom

"Rick" wrote in message
I am looking for a myspace pre made layout that has trout or flyfishing
on it. I love flyfishing and am wanting to start a myspace page but
want the layout to be of trout or flyfishing. If anyone can help me I
would really appreciate it. You can also e-mail me at
if you like. Thanks again, Rick

Keep in mind that every weekday around 2:00 PM, MySpace slows to a crawl
people with pimples and braces get home from school and log in (or try
to). A year after Rupert Murdoch bought the company for $580 million,
MySpace still has not upgraded its server:
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/prod...-2884585dt.jpg

It may be subjective, but I feel I've noticed a great improvment in speed
on myspace since InterMix Media sold it to News Corp.

I guess I have a habit of comparing it to sites which are NEVER slow, and
never have been since their inception. LL Bean, to pick just one example. NY
Times, Cabelas, Barnes & Noble. I think MySpace is putting too much of its
money into beer and surfboards.

Be prepared, too, for their perennial error message: "An unknown error
has occurred. Tech support has been notified". Nonsense. There's no such
thing as an unknown error.

I don't know where you get that idea.... an "unknown error" is eye candy
to give the usere when you have opted for custom error pages/messages, and
haven't created a template for each and every possible error, or care
about confusing the user with tech minutia.

Which when you are dealling with CFML on Blue Dragon (myspace), errors can
result from all sorts of dumb user actions.

Like clicking "Home", or "Mail" on my own MySpace page, which has not been
subjected to any third party customization of any kind? No wallpaper. No
music. No video. Just two friends listed, and two blog entries.