Damage to Sea bed

Old March 16th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Cliff

Default Damage to Sea bed

Question:
how many long termed unemployed, people on disability,
or just unwilling to work, now in the UK?

Im on long term disability & unable to work but Im still a skilled engineer
but not allowed to work for insurance reasons,so cant get employment,i love
working with my hands,so dont lump me in with the lazy *******s who wont
work,if that cow Maggie hadn't crippled us as a producing nation with her
union phobia we wouldn't be snowed under with fly by night "employment"
agencies,if so many people are needed for work the companie should be made
to employ not use ,abuse & discard as they do now.

"malcolm" wrote in message

"malcolm" wrote in message

"I" wrote in message
Channel bed to be stripped to build 200,000 new homes
By Richard Sadler and Geoffrey Lean

what people in the UK often fail to appreciate,
is that most (ALL) people living there descend from 'migrant' stock,
Beakers, Scots, Picts, Celts, Britons, Romans plus Misc,
Saxon, Anglo, Danes, misc Germanic, Norse, Normans, French, Dutch, etc

etc
etc.
all people either looking for a better life or fleeing persecution.
10,000 years ago there was nobody lining in the British Isles.
another fallacy is the increasing population,
the real fact is that in most western countries the average age is
increasing,
the 'Baby Boomers' have come and gone, and there's less than 2 kids per
household now.
so a decreasing population, the pop bump moves through the age range.
which explains why Industry cant find workers, and the CBI and co like
immigration.
another thing is that with a more mature or affuent society, nobody

wants
their kids to work in Factorys,
so you get the sitiuation where the Temp Agencys are sending 60+ YOs

into
factorys.
and its rare to see anybody under 30 working with their hands anymore.
it happened post WW2 there was a shortage of manual workers , so the
Goverment encouraged
Jamaicans and others to come to Britain to settle and work, plus a lot

of
POWs who decided to stay
rather than go back to a ruined mainland Europe.
regards malcolm

PS: if you want your Garbage collected, Pools cleaned,
Pizzas made and delivered and all those menial jobs done ,
you have to have an influx of younger people into the UK to do the jobs.

Old March 16th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Alex

"I" wrote in message
Channel bed to be stripped to build 200,000 new homes
By Richard Sadler and Geoffrey Lean

what people in the UK often fail to appreciate,
is that most (ALL) people living there descend from 'migrant' stock,
Beakers, Scots, Picts, Celts, Britons, Romans plus Misc,
Saxon, Anglo, Danes, misc Germanic, Norse, Normans, French, Dutch, etc etc

I was not talking about controlled Immigration. I was referring to the
people who are "not" fleeing persecution, have no means of supporting
themselves "breaking" into the country by hanging on the back of trains and
lorries. A friend of mine has recently moved
to France, he sold his house and bought one over there, he is retired and
will wholly support himself, nothing wrong with that or in fact someone
moving here by the same premise.

Old March 16th, 2004, 08:05 PM
steven burling

"Alex" wrote in message
I was not talking about controlled Immigration. I was referring to the
people who are "not" fleeing persecution, have no means of supporting
themselves "breaking" into the country by hanging on the back of trains

and
lorries. A friend of mine has recently moved
to France, he sold his house and bought one over there, he is retired and
will wholly support himself, nothing wrong with that or in fact someone
moving here by the same premise.

Yes, my point exactly,..........my paents moved to France when they
retired,........they had to get permission to reside there,.......they were
told not to expect any financial assistance from the French state as they
had not paid anything into it (even tho' part of their taxes went to the
EU!),....and finally they were told that should they die, they would have to
get permission from the French government to leave their property to a non
french non resident and the land the house was built on automatically
reverts to state ownership.

Steve

Old March 17th, 2004, 08:42 AM
malcolm

"steven burling" wrote in message

"Alex" wrote in message
[...]

that sounds totally against EURO law, the property part of it.
then again I read that the Spanish have or had weird property laws too.
makes you realise how open and free the UKs property ownership laws are.
no written constitution, but people will die to defend it none the less.
anybody know what the situation is like in Holland, Belgium, Germany etc,
regarding buying and selling property? is it a Latin thing to be draconian?
regards malcolm