Dropshotting

Old September 18th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Rodney

Default Dropshotting

Calif Bill wrote:

You did not invent it Rodney.

Yet you are saying he did ?

You just applied it to using a CR rig or some
other rig below a dropshot in bass fishing. There were probably others
doing it bass fishing also.

Probably don't get it, and how in the world can you say I didn't ?

I would bet there are a lot of fishermen are doing it now

There is not a single article "ANYWHERE" in any fishing magazine, prior
to me publishing it, this fisherman never demonstrated it prior, and
according to the US patent office I am the inventor of it, No, someone
using it does not infringe on my patent, as that part was not worth
patenting, (no way to enforce that part of the patent) although it is
included in my patent drawings

WHen I showed this part (the Carolina rigged drop shot) to Bill Dance,
Hank Parker, Ray Scott, AL Linder, The editor of Bassmaster's, The
writers of Bassmaster's, Field and Stream, and two dozen other
magazines, they said they had never heard of it, or anyone ever thinking
about it prior

Someone claiming it is "their" idea is morally wrong, PERIOD !

"""If""" someone, some where, used it once prior to me,, then that is
just tough, first to publish, gets the credit, unless they can "prove" I
got it from them, or from ANYWHERE else.
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:07 PM
AJH

Rodney, does anyone really care about your inventions? I sure don't...I
hate to admit it but I bought one of you "eznot" rigs and it was a
POS..JMO...

Git-R-Done

Old September 18th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Doyce McIlvene

Rodney,
Jay Yelas NEVER claimed to have invented the rig in question, but was merely
demo'ing it in answer to a question from a member of the audience. IT was ME
that tagged it "the Jay Yelas rig" as this was the first time that I had
seen it. Now if you have a problem with me doing so, I could care frikken
less. You may or may not have invented it, but who gives a rats rear end as
you said yourself that you couldn't or wouldn't patient it, so therefore, it
is pubic domain as for as I am concerned much the same as the Texas rig,
which I'm sure that you invented also!

All I was attempting to do is present another method or technique to the OP
so that he could try different options to find which works best for him. So
get off your high horse and quit worry so much about someone stealing your
thunder and get a life. Go fishing and don't sweat the small crap!

Cheers,
--
Doyce

"Rodney" . wrote in message
Doyce McIlvene wrote:
Why not try the Jay Yelas rig? He combines both a DS rig with a CR rig

by
tying the DS hook on the main line above the swivel for the CR rig. The
length above the swivel would depend on the conditions that one is

fishing.
According to Yelas,

WEll he DID not come up with it

I did, and demo'ed it 3 years ago at Bass Pro, and the Classic in New
Orleans, even have it in a video filmed 40 months ago, and Bill Dance
using it on his show 32 months ago

I will give Jay a call,, and at least get him to say he saw it elsewhere

Old September 19th, 2004, 12:30 AM
Rodney

Doyce McIlvene wrote:
Rodney,
Jay Yelas NEVER claimed to have invented the rig in question, but was merely
demo'ing it in answer to a question from a member of the audience. IT was ME
that tagged it "the Jay Yelas rig" as this was the first time that I had
seen it.
Now if you have a problem with me doing so, I could care frikken
less. You may or may not have invented it,

I did, and I now remember showing it to Jay, as I made some phone calls
and another pro was there and told me when, he also told me that Jay was
not claiming it...

but who gives a rats rear end as
you said yourself that you couldn't or wouldn't patient it, so therefore, it
is pubic domain as for as I am concerned much the same as the Texas rig,

It is just that,, I just wanted to make sure we did not end up with
another (Trilene knot) as they did not invent that knot (no I didn't either)

which I'm sure that you invented also!

Now your being an A.H.

All I was attempting to do is present another method or technique to the OP
so that he could try different options to find which works best for him. So
get off your high horse and quit worry so much about someone stealing your
thunder and get a life.

This is my life, it is how I make my living, and it is important I get
the proper credit,, not to, or from the fishermen, but to the big
players in the fishing industry, you see they do keep score on who came
up with what, and that can make a big difference in how much they pay me
in the future, and how long a contract I get. It also improves my TV
exposure chances

Go fishing and don't sweat the small crap!

As I just showed you, it is not small crap to those inside the industry.
It is very hard for a fishermen, not inside the industry to make it
licensing new fishing products,, few ever do it, and sometimes when one
does,, someone else tries to take the credit cutting the legs right out
from under the true inventor

Old September 19th, 2004, 12:40 AM
Rodney

AJH wrote:

Rodney, does anyone really care about your inventions?

They seam to, as I've made many thousands of dollars from my licensees,
and they will be in nearly every major store in the country starting in
January

I sure don't...I
hate to admit it but I bought one of you "eznot" rigs

and it was a
POS..JMO...

The EZknot was and is not a rig,, it is also guaranteed, send me your
snail mail address you will be the first in over 20,000 fishermen not
satestified, I will mail you back your money, or I can happly paypal you
the money.

I'm very happy with just one unsatisfied customer in 20,000, most
successful products have 5 to 10 % unsatisfied customers