What is a GOOD rod/reel combo for dropshotting

Old May 4th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Shawn

Default What is a GOOD rod/reel combo for dropshotting

Hello :

I'm looking for a good rod and a good reel to dedicate to dropshotting. The
rod and reel don't have to be the same brand. I'm looking to spend a
maximum of $120-$150 for both combined (ie. please don't recommend the G.
Loomis dropshot rod at $250 just for the rod !!!).

Also - what flurocarbon do people like the best ?

Thanks to all who reply.

Shawn

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:01 AM
Chris S

Sorry Shawn but that's what Im using (but I got it for $200) along with
the Stradic 2000. I know that way over your price range but worth the $$$.
Good luck in getting your combo.

--
---- Chris S ----

( replace com with net to E-mail)

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:42 AM
RichZ

To me, the reel just holds the line, and the rod is where all the money
needs to go. Toward that end Mr. Huber built me what I feel is just about
the perfect drop shot rod. You might have to stretch your budget a tad, but
believe me, this thing is worth it! Just ask'm for one of them RichZ drop
shot rods.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old May 5th, 2004, 12:49 AM
\The Shadow\

Shawn, look for a quality spinning rod med action med power in the 6'8" to
7'0" length. As to the reel I highly recommend an Okuma AV-20 at about
$36.00

--
"The Shadow"
Millennium Rods

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:36 AM
RichZ

Shawn wrote:
who is Mr. Huber

Steve Huber in this news group. yesterday, he posted a message that said,
to contact him at for the time being.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Shawn

Hi Chris :

Did I understand you correctly ? You got the G. Loomis dropshot rod AND the
Stradic 2000 for $200 ? If that's the case, I'd consider it. BassPro sells
the rod only for $245.

Shawn

Old May 5th, 2004, 06:20 PM
A man

First, don't get a Rhino close-faced reel. Inside the case on the front, they
have some kind of plastic washer, that pinches your line and will not allow you
to cast.

--
Say no to fixed width tables. They look terrible in all browsers.
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Chris S

Sorry Shawn no the rod was $200 at the Fish & Boat show here in Chicago and
the Stradic was $119.Didnt mean to get you all pumped up I myself would
save a bit more and get a good setup but then Shadow idea was good too if
you want to stay in that price range.

--

"Chris S" wrote in message
Sorry Shawn but that's what Im using (but I got it for $200) along

with
the Stradic 2000. I know that way over your price range but worth the

$$$.

Old May 5th, 2004, 11:53 PM
Shawn

Damn ! I thought you found the deal of the year somewhere !

I can't afford that. I'm looking at a St. Croix 7.0' Premier series medium
light spinning rod with a faster tip, paired with an Okuma EF-30 spinning
reel.

Know anything about that ?

Shawn