Do You Have Yours Yet?

Old October 4th, 2003, 01:44 AM
George Cleveland

Default Do You Have Yours Yet?

On Sat, 04 Oct 2003 00:29:31 GMT, "Tim J."
wrote:

"rw" wrote...
Wayne Harrison wrote:

hilarious. and a masterpiece of understatement.

You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right up your ass and came
out your nose. :-)

DUDE! I was, like, doing the surf one time and, like, actually had a *gnarly*
wave shoot right up my ass and out my nose right as I sliced and diced. It was,
like, a TOTALLY COSMIC experience, dude.

Gotta run, dude. 'Spose to glass off at 5 with the off-shore blow. Later.
--
Ta,
Tim

Friggin kids.

g.c.
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:08 AM
Stan Gula

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.

They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.
--
Charlie...

They're both in Wisconsin. QED

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:22 AM
Mike

So what your saying then is an electron is an electron is an electron And a
proton is a proton is a proton............ and so on and so forth...Personally
i like 16 year old Vermont xtra sharp chedda......don't know where to get 16
year old Cheesehead state xtra shap chedda

Handyman Mike
Standing in a river waving a stick

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Frank Reid

DUDE! I was, like, doing the surf one time and, like, actually had a
*gnarly*
wave shoot right up my ass and out my nose right as I sliced and diced. It

was,
like, a TOTALLY COSMIC experience, dude.

Gotta run, dude. 'Spose to glass off at 5 with the off-shore blow. Later.

Like, I was gettin' some tube at Tin Can on my knee board and got the salty
Fleets my own gnarly self. Man, its better'n blowin' the Jay at the Wedge.
Spew grunion man, spew grunion.
(translation: I was inside the curl of a wave on a surf board, that is
ridden from the kneeling position, at Bolsa Chica beach in California when
the wave broke behind me and shoved saline solution through my rectum. It
was still more enjoyable than being caught in the cross current particular
to the "Wedge" wherein waves come into a rock jetty and a steep beach,
concentrating the waves in a funnel and surfers have been known to be thrown
over the top of the jetty by the force of the waves. Experience projectile
emesis with small fish, my friend, experience projectile emesis with small
fish.)
--
Frank (flashbacks R us) Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:31 AM
Tim J.

"Frank Reid" wrote...

Spew grunion man, spew grunion.

snip
(translation: . . . Experience projectile
emesis with small fish, my friend, experience projectile emesis with small
fish.)

Damn! I wish I'd thought of that. Though I went on many excursions to see the
grunion runs, I never did actually see one. Several times my ol' friend JD made
sure I didn't stay awake 'til the witching hour, and once. . . well, there was
this girl. . . strange and wonderful things can happen on the beach after
midnight.
--
TL,
Tim

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:32 AM
Wolfgang

"George Cleveland" wrote in message
On Fri, 03 Oct 2003 16:26:44 -0700, rw

wrote:

George Cleveland wrote:

Well looking at the big picture is everything not one of a kind, from

the cosmos
to the person, to the cells in the body of that person, to the

molecules in the
same person, to those molecules constituent atoms, to the quarks and

other sub
atomic particles that reside in that atom?

No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable from
every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.

Cooool!

g.c.

Dere now, see what'cha gone and done, Georgie, eh? Ya got Tweedledee and
Tweedledum (or maybe it's dum and dee.....never could tell da one from
t'otter) all twitterpated and so excited dey jumped clean up to anotter
energy state, ya know? And dere's old Humpty lyin' on da ground and don't
neider one of 'em even remember what da problem was, ainna? Well, anyways,
I guess dey got dat old ionoshpere warmed up pretty good........maybe we see
da lights tanight, eh?

Wolfgang
wormholes?......hell, we got lots'a dose.....c'mere an looka dis baby swiss.

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:40 AM
Wolfgang

"Stan Gula" wrote in message

"Charlie Choc" wrote in message
No. It's a peculiarity of quantum mechanics that every "elementary"
particle (of some particular class) is completely indistinguishable

from
every other one. If you replace an electron in an atom, say, with
another electron, there is absolutely no way to tell the difference.

They would have different wave functions, though. The particles would
also have to have the same state to be 'indistinguishable'.
--
Charlie...

They're both in Wisconsin. QED

Sure, but by this time next week there's no telling what particular state
they might be in and, as is implicit in the arguments put forth above,
there's no way you could tell 'em from a native once they get there. No
good can come of this.

Wolfgang
whose mama was a boson's mate........it was a rough childhood.

Old October 4th, 2003, 04:17 PM
slenon

rw:
You wouldn't know a wave function if it shot right up your ass and came

out your nose. :-)

That's why I quit drinking those nasty old RC colas. Those wave functions
sure do clean your sinuses.

----
Stev Lenon 91B20 '68-'69
Drowning flies to Darkstar