Strippers in the a.m.

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:29 AM
Frank Reid

Default Strippers in the a.m.

Thought that would get your attention. Gonna head out on the Chesapeake
tomorrow with Allen "Pugs" Epps on a fly fishing charter for Fall stripers.
Report to follow. Wooo Woo! 8 weight heaven.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 4th, 2003, 03:37 AM
Darin Minor

Frank Reid wrote:

Thought that would get your attention. Gonna head out on the Chesapeake
tomorrow with Allen "Pugs" Epps on a fly fishing charter for Fall stripers.
Report to follow. Wooo Woo! 8 weight heaven.
--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Don't fall in BG

Darin

Old October 4th, 2003, 01:50 PM
-- Rob

the local stripers up here have gone nuts over the past several days.

peanut bunker and mullet by the acres, but because of so much bait, most folks
are having a hard time hooking up.

I did get a short on my 9wt. yesterday after going through the fly box (and
tackle box, having a spinner with me as well), before it shut down in the
morning (or rather before I had to shut down and go to work!!)

the entire Monmouth County, NJ coastline is alive right now.

False Albacore, Blues, Stripers.
-- so much fishing, so little time --
--please remuv the 'NOWAY2it' from my email addy to email me--
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Frank Reid

Get a call at 0500. Its Allen. Capt called, wind is gusting to 28 knots on
the bay, rain is in 12 hours early, and the day is canx. Too dangerous and
too difficult to cast. He's the Capt, he makes the call.

Go blasted out of a weekend in PA 'cause of Isabel and now this.
*((%$#%$@#%#!!!! Thanks, I needed that.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Old October 4th, 2003, 02:25 PM
Allen Epps

In article , Frank Reid
moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf wrote:

Thought that would get your attention. Gonna head out on the Chesapeake
tomorrow with Allen "Pugs" Epps on a fly fishing charter for Fall stripers.
Report to follow. Wooo Woo! 8 weight heaven.

Afraid I tossed a bit of cold water on the trip this morning when the
guide called me at 0430 and noted 20 kts on the bay with 25 kt gust
from the SW (the worst direction from where we were launching) .
Definently not a day to FF so we've put the trip off. FYI Brenda still
has a sense of humor when I called Frank at 0500 and ask if he was
awake yet and she said "he is now" So the trips TBD

Allen
Old October 4th, 2003, 02:42 PM
-- Rob

bummer! definitely not fun fly fishing
in those types of winds.

on the other hand, a 3-4oz egg sinker, 36" leader, fish finder rig with an eel
will still do nicely.... (oops, wrong group)
Old October 4th, 2003, 03:27 PM
George Cleveland

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003 09:17:43 -0400, "Frank Reid" moc.deepselbac@diersicnarf
wrote:

Get a call at 0500. Its Allen. Capt called, wind is gusting to 28 knots on
the bay, rain is in 12 hours early, and the day is canx. Too dangerous and
too difficult to cast. He's the Capt, he makes the call.

Go blasted out of a weekend in PA 'cause of Isabel and now this.
*((%$#%$@#%#!!!! Thanks, I needed that.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Does this cancel out the stripper portion of the trip? I mean, so the weekend
wont be a total loss.

g.c.
Old October 5th, 2003, 02:56 AM
Wolfgang

wrote:

Get a call at 0500. Its Allen. Capt called, wind is gusting to 28 knots

on
the bay, rain is in 12 hours early, and the day is canx. Too dangerous

and
too difficult to cast. He's the Capt, he makes the call.

Go blasted out of a weekend in PA 'cause of Isabel and now this.
*((%$#%$@#%#!!!! Thanks, I needed that.

--
Frank Reid
Reverse email to reply

Does this cancel out the stripper portion of the trip? I mean, so the

weekend
wont be a total loss.

g.c.

One word.........Hurley.

Wolfgang
enjoy!

Old October 5th, 2003, 06:22 AM
rw

For a moment there, Frank, I thought you were spamming a 900 number. :-)