How much fly line?

Old March 21st, 2007, 05:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Anonymous

Default How much fly line?

Are none of you guys ashamed about this? This guy posts info
to your board, and it looks like he knows what he is talking
about, and gets attacked by kooks and weirdos. I sure hope I
never meet any of you saddos on my river. Makes me ashamed to
think you guys are American flyfishers. This board sure stinks.

Stevo.
Old March 21st, 2007, 07:28 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Donut

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 05:13:50 -0000, Anonymous
wrote:

Are none of you guys ashamed about this? This guy posts info
to your board, and it looks like he knows what he is talking
about, and gets attacked by kooks and weirdos. I sure hope I
never meet any of you saddos on my river. Makes me ashamed to
think you guys are American flyfishers. This board sure stinks.

Stevo.

Hi Stevo.

I'm going to have to assume you mean mike-connor when you say "This
guy looks like he knows what he's talking about". If you want to take
his word/advice over all the others, feel free. To be honest, your
question was somewhat lacking. Garbage in, garbage out...

Wolfgang was the first to respond, and not only did he answer your
question, he suggested a more useful question, and answered that also.
Hope you saw it.

What the hell does anyone's nationality have to do with anything? I
wouldn't hold/blame your less than perfect question against a whole
nation. I'd just judge you for asking it, and your response to those
answers.

This "board" may stink to you, but some others would disagree. I feel
obligated to mention that you should mind the door so as not to let it
hit you in the ass on your way out.

HTH,

Don

Old March 21st, 2007, 11:53 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Anonymous wrote:
Are none of you guys ashamed about this? This guy posts info
to your board, and it looks like he knows what he is talking
about, and gets attacked by kooks and weirdos.

Mr. Connor, despite his whiny protests to the contrary, wasn't
attacked or called names. In fact *he* was the only one in the
first part of this thread to start calling names. Dumbo I believe
it was. His article, on the other hand, was derided as rubbish
because besides being pretentious, overwrought and pompous it is
indeed rubbish. He may talk a good physics lesson but he's wrong.
No harm in that except that wrong info should not be left alone
here especially when the original query is posted by an obvious
tyro to the sport who might actually believe the rubbish.

I sure hope I
never meet any of you saddos on my river. Makes me ashamed to
think you guys are American flyfishers. This board sure stinks.

Well, don't read it then.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old March 21st, 2007, 12:18 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Mar 21, 12:53 pm, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
[...]

You are lying again.

I did not protest about anything at all, "whiny", or otherwise, I
merely posted correct information about lines and casting to a fly-
fishing newsgroup.

Neither you or anybody else has offered any counter-arguments or
information. Just the same old boring insults, and the insistence that
you are right because you say so. Not a shred of evidence or any
sensible basis for your claims.

I carefully explained why I do this. It works very well, saves money,
and makes quite a few things easier. What you believe is quite
irrelevant, it does not alter the facts of the matter. It is also
patently obvious that you have never done anything even remotely
similar, and have no idea at all of what is involved or why.

I on the other hand do it all the time, along with a very large number
of people I have taught to do the same. They all agree it is of
considerable advantage in a number of situations.

Normally I would not even bother replying to you, but it gets my goat
when you lie outright in such a fashion.

MC