Another Pipeline Believer

Old July 24th, 2007, 07:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

Default Another Pipeline Believer

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

TBone
Guilt Replaced the Creel

Old July 24th, 2007, 08:09 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Conan The Librarian

Halfordian Golfer wrote:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

So I assume you'll be sending him all your available cash a.s.a.p.?

Chuck Vance (be sure and let us know how it goes)
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:12 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 18:45:17 -0000, Halfordian Golfer
wrote:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

TBone
Guilt Replaced the Creel

And here's another "pipe dream" kinda guy...

http://tinyurl.com/ynzmzm

....maybe you can get him to...help...

TC,
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sandy

Halfordian Golfer wrote:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

TBone
Guilt Replaced the Creel

"No one has found a fatal flaw," he (not TBone) said.

Sandy sez:
"The fatal flaw here is the plan itself. The last thing the front range
needs is another 500,000 homes. The last thing this planet needs is
more humans."

"In fact," continued sandy (world famous philosopher and interpreter of
world events), "we not only need a steady state population,
we need a steady state model for the world's economy. Gross national
products cannot continue to grow indefinitely. We're using up the word's
resources. We need a fixed-sum steady state model for human populations
and economies both. Unbounded free-market libertarian capitalism is
dead. Or at least it should be. If it doesn't die, we will."
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Halfordian Golfer" wrote in message
oups.com...
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

TBone
Guilt Replaced the Creel

Moron.

Wolfgang

Old July 24th, 2007, 09:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

wrote:

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

ahahahahahaha!

Well, it ain't the TCA, but it'll keep the legal beagles out there tied up in
knots for decades just the same.

btw: Aren't you the same guy that used to complain about your favorite trout
streams being overrun by fishingfolk?

/daytripper (and why in God's name would anyone *want* to live near Pueblo?)
Old July 24th, 2007, 11:41 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Sandy

daytripper wrote:
/daytripper (and why in God's name would anyone *want* to live near

Pueblo?)

It's pronounced Pee-eblo I believe.
A little bit south and west of Pee-eblo you can find
some of the best elk poaching in North America,
on the Forbes Trinchera Ranch. You do have to watch out
for the vaqueros. But if you do it right, it doesn't
get any better (stealing from the Forbes, giving to the poor).
Old July 25th, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
daytripper

On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 16:41:51 -0600, Sandy wrote:

daytripper wrote:
/daytripper (and why in God's name would anyone *want* to live near

Pueblo?)

It's pronounced Pee-eblo I believe.
A little bit south and west of Pee-eblo you can find
some of the best elk poaching in North America,
on the Forbes Trinchera Ranch. You do have to watch out
for the vaqueros. But if you do it right, it doesn't
get any better (stealing from the Forbes, giving to the poor).

I went to college in Denver, and had occasion to go down to Pueblo. If it
wasn't for the *huge* munitions dump just east of the city, it would have just
been...a dump.

No doubt things have changed somewhat since the early 70's - I happened to
visit Denver not too far back and from the Ike Tunnel down east into the city
and beyond has changed *a lot*.

But still - it's friggin' Pueblo.

/daytripper
Old July 25th, 2007, 01:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

daytripper wrote:
/daytripper (and why in God's name would anyone *want* to live near

Pueblo?)

It's pronounced Pee-eblo I believe.
A little bit south and west of Pee-eblo you can find
some of the best elk poaching in North America,
on the Forbes Trinchera Ranch. You do have to watch out
for the vaqueros. But if you do it right, it doesn't
get any better (stealing from the Forbes, giving to the poor).

I went to college in Denver, and had occasion to go down to Pueblo. If it
wasn't for the *huge* munitions dump just east of the city, it would have just
been...a dump.

No doubt things have changed somewhat since the early 70's - I happened to
visit Denver not too far back and from the Ike Tunnel down east into the city
and beyond has changed *a lot*.

But still - it's friggin' Pueblo.

/daytripper

Now wait just a flockin' minute, bub...Pueblo is the home of PUD-DOC,
which provides service for the FCIC for the GSA...or maybe it's the
GPO...

HTH,
....OTOH, does anyone still use the USPS to REQ INFO...
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:17 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Halfordian Golfer

On Jul 24, 1:13 pm, Sandy wrote:
Halfordian Golfer wrote:
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=74171

TBone
Guilt Replaced the Creel

"No one has found a fatal flaw," he (not TBone) said.

Sandy sez:
"The fatal flaw here is the plan itself. The last thing the front range
needs is another 500,000 homes. The last thing this planet needs is
more humans."

"In fact," continued sandy (world famous philosopher and interpreter of
world events), "we not only need a steady state population,
we need a steady state model for the world's economy. Gross national
products cannot continue to grow indefinitely. We're using up the word's
resources. We need a fixed-sum steady state model for human populations
and economies both. Unbounded free-market libertarian capitalism is
dead. Or at least it should be. If it doesn't die, we will."

I agree with this completely but this should be controlled in the
vision, building codes, master plan, etc. Irrigation is a basic
provision that we haven't solved, even for the population that is here
now. My basic theory is that an efficient plumbing grid would not only
provide water distribution (there is always too much water someplace,
not enough in another) but that it would mitigate entirely the drought
related stress on trout in those over utilization, low flow, drought
years. I also wonder about global irrigation as a solution for
greenhouse gas problems. The pipeline is a no brainer to me.