OT - Baptist Arky Girl

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:19 PM
Guy Thornberg

Default OT - Baptist Arky Girl

Sorry... just got this. Funny to me anyway.

Guy

Subject: Baptist Cowgirl

A cowgirl, who is visiting Texas from Arkansas, walks into a bar and

orders three mugs of Bud. She sits in the back of the room, drinking

a sip out of each one in turn. When she finishes them, she comes

back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender approaches and tells the cowgirl, "You know, a mug

goes flat after I draw it. It would taste better if you bought one at a

time."

The cowgirl replies, "Well, you see, I have two sisters. One is in
Australia,

the other is in Dublin. When we all left our home in Arkansas, we

promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank
together.

So I'm drinking one beer for each of my sisters and one for

myself." The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it
there.

The cowgirl becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way.

She orders three mugs and drinks them in turn.

One day, she comes in and only orders two mugs. All the regulars take

notice and fall silent. When she comes back to the bar for the second

round, The bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I
wanted to

offer my condolences on your loss."

The cowgirl looks quite puzzled for a moment, then a light dawns in her
eyes

and she laughs. "Oh, no, everybody's just fine," she explains,

"It's just that my husband and I joined the Baptist Church and I had to quit
drinking."

"Hasn't affected my sisters though."