Fishing Report: High Bridge Park- Flagler County, FL - 03/17/2004

Old March 18th, 2004, 06:22 PM
MrCruise

Default Fishing Report: High Bridge Park- Flagler County, FL - 03/17/2004

I headed up to High Bridge Park today after work. It's been so very long
since I've been fishing! At christmass, I blew up that old camaro I had
and I don't have much confidence with the trailer on the back of my new
van, because I can't see it to back up! But finally, I couldn't take it
anymore and I went out.. alone.. and very slowly and carefully managed to
back the trailer down the ramp using the side mirrors. It's going to take
some getting used to, but I think i'll be ok now. Anyway.. Onto the
fishing report... My motor needs some parts, so I'm a trolling motor guy
again ... It's not so bad. I spend the time traveling between spots
throwing lures at the banks.. I got lots of hits from small trout on the
way to get bait. When getting bait, I ruined my net on a submerged log!
Hated! But i pulled the log out and it won't ruin my net again. Then i
went up to the waterway at Gamble Rogers park throwing a bright green
(chartreuse) jig. Lots of hits.. I assume from small trout. Got to my spot
and fished some live mullet. I caught A catfish pretty much right away.
EW. After abotu 40 minutes of nothing.. I started the long trip back.. But
before I could go.. I caught Another Catfish. Ew. Again, while "motoring"
back, I was throwing that same chartreuse lure and I landed one of those
Trout that had been hitting my bait all the way up. It was 16 inches. The
temperate dropped fast! I was glad to be in the warm van when I got back
to the ramp. If you would like to see all of the photos i took today, then
please visit my web page at
http://www.openverse.org/Fishing/Fishing-03-17-2004/

Cruise - Gotta love the florida weather,
LipHooked.Com - A florida fishing community
http://www.liphooked.com