What kind of fish am I??

Old April 7th, 2007, 06:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Me[_2_]

Default What kind of fish am I??

I snagged this little guy Friday while bass fishing. My old man said it was
a "shiner".
Is my old man right?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ATT00007.jpg
Views:	1023
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	233
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:34 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Me wrote:
I snagged this little guy Friday while bass fishing. My old man said it was
a "shiner".
Is my old man right?

That is a "Shinner Minnow" they even get bigger than that

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old April 8th, 2007, 12:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Musashi

"Me" wrote in message
I snagged this little guy Friday while bass fishing. My old man said it

was
a "shiner".
Is my old man right?

Yes he is right. That is a golden shiner, usually just called "shiner" at
the bait shop.
When young and small they tend to look silvery but as they start getting
bigger
(as in the one you have in your hand) they get yellower in color.
I've caught them as large as a pound on worms.

Old April 8th, 2007, 04:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Me[_2_]

Thanks guys
I guess the old man still knows a thing or two.

Here in western Ky we do not fish with big shiners. We do fish with minnows
( I guess those are small shiners) for crappie.

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
. ..
That is a "shiner" and a real good size to use for giant bass !

"Musashi" wrote in message
t...

Old April 9th, 2007, 08:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

Hmm shiner? Don't be so sure, might be a roach. But hey what do I know

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...7c1da&ei=UTF-8
"Me" wrote in message
news
Thanks guys
I guess the old man still knows a thing or two.

Here in western Ky we do not fish with big shiners. We do fish with
minnows ( I guess those are small shiners) for crappie.

"Bass_Mr." wrote in message
. ..
That is a "shiner" and a real good size to use for giant bass !

"Musashi" wrote in message
t...

Old April 9th, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

Fishking wrote:
Hmm shiner? Don't be so sure, might be a roach. But hey what do I know

Can't be a roach, they are brown and have 6 legs, about an inch long

Old April 9th, 2007, 09:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Musashi

"Fishking" wrote in message
Hmm shiner? Don't be so sure, might be a roach. But hey what do I know

http://images.search.yahoo.com/searc...7c1da&ei=UTF-8

Roach are native to Europe and Asia. As far as I am aware, Roach have not
been introduced into the United States.
The OP is posting from the US and states that he caught it while fishing.
I'd say the odds are in favor of it being a Golden Shiner.

Old April 10th, 2007, 02:40 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Fishking

They are in the US also. I read an article about them not too long ago. i'll
see if I can find the link
"Musashi" wrote in message
. net...