A good Bone Fish Fly Rod?

Old March 21st, 2004, 07:43 PM
John

Default A good Bone Fish Fly Rod?

I'm looking at a Thomas & Thomas Horizon 9' 8 weight 4-piece.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thank you,
John

This mailbox protected from junk email by Matador

Old March 21st, 2004, 07:51 PM
Wayne Harrison

"John" wrote in message

I'm looking at a Thomas & Thomas Horizon 9' 8 weight 4-piece.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

you've seen the best. buy the damn thing before 40 comes in here
babbling about some wimpy winston, or louie laplac shows up howling
incomprehensibly about sages, the supply of which is reduced by the demand
for broomsticks and tomato stakes.

wayno (mr. objectivity)

Old March 21st, 2004, 09:33 PM
Tim J.

"Wayne Harrison" wrote...
"John" wrote...

I'm looking at a Thomas & Thomas Horizon 9' 8 weight 4-piece.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

you've seen the best. buy the damn thing before 40 comes in here
babbling about some wimpy winston, or louie laplac shows up howling
incomprehensibly about sages, the supply of which is reduced by the demand
for broomsticks and tomato stakes.

THIS is why you cannot leave us alone with the wolves. Elegantly written,
backhand insults, and visual aids - how DO you fit so much in such a small
package?
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 21st, 2004, 10:29 PM
Charlie Choc

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 19:51:10 GMT, "Wayne Harrison"
wrote:

"John" wrote in message

I'm looking at a Thomas & Thomas Horizon 9' 8 weight 4-piece.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

you've seen the best.

I've got a 7wt T&T Vector and it is a nice rod. It broke the 2nd day I
fished with it in the Baltic, and just 3 short months later T&T got it
repaired and back to me. Make sure you have a backup rod, just in
case. g I'd recommend a Scott HeliPly if they still made them.
--
Charlie...
Old March 21st, 2004, 11:06 PM
Wolfgang

"Tim J." wrote in message

THIS is why you cannot leave us alone with the wolves...

Is there something we need to talk about?

Wolfgang
ALWAYS, it's with the ****ing savage wolves and ****!

Old March 21st, 2004, 11:11 PM
Tim J.

"Wolfgang" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote...

THIS is why you cannot leave us alone with the wolves...

Is there something we need to talk about?

Wolfgang
ALWAYS, it's with the ****ing savage wolves and ****!

You, my friend, are nothing but a pussycat in wolves' clothing.
--
TL,
Tim

Old March 21st, 2004, 11:32 PM
Wolfgang

"Tim J." wrote in message
newsip7c.56486$SR1.100671@attbi_s04...

"Wolfgang" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote...

THIS is why you cannot leave us alone with the wolves...

Is there something we need to talk about?

Wolfgang
ALWAYS, it's with the ****ing savage wolves and ****!

You, my friend, are nothing but a pussycat in wolves' clothing.

And you just HAD to post that in a public forum, right?

Wolfgang
dangerfield don't know ****!

Old March 21st, 2004, 11:34 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Wayne Harrison wrote:
"John" wrote:

I'm looking at a Thomas & Thomas Horizon 9' 8 weight 4-piece.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

you've seen the best. buy the damn thing before 40 comes in here
babbling about some wimpy winston, ...

I love my little Winstons, but the biggest stick in my bag is a
10' 7wt Thomas & Thomas XL.

And I think I still have Wayne Knight's blank check around here
someplace too. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old March 22nd, 2004, 05:34 AM
Bill Kiene

T&T is one of the top US fly rod manufacturers.

Sage (Xi2), G.Loomis (GLX CC), Scott (S3s) and Winston (Boron XII) also have
very fine rods.

Sometimes you have to actually cast them all to see which one fits your
casting style best.

A 9' #8, 4 piece would be the number one pick for a bonefish rod.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA