Fly fishing TR

Old May 18th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Tim J.

Default Fly fishing TR

Yeah, this ain't some bait chuckin' babe posting, so if you don't like it you
can eat my shorts. "Shorts" - is that okay to say here, or will someone get all
huffy cuz I mentioned my undergarments? ;-)

I took off early from work today for an hour or two of quality time at the
river. It turns out it was quality time, indeed. Absolutely no one else showed
up the entire 2 hours I fished, and the weather and water couldn't have been
better. The winning fly of the day was Josh Rosenblat's Olive Hare's Ear Nymph
( http://tinyurl.com/3gz4k ) - thanks Joshua. Caught two nice 14" 'bows on that
fly right where George told me the fish would be. Of course, I didn't know he
told me that until I got back from fishing and checked my email - must be that
telepathy thingy. I tried to take a photo of one to share, but after bringing
the fish to hand twice while I tried to snap a photo, I decided I'd better just
quit stressing the fish and let it go. Fortunately, it still had plenty of fight
after the third time. I'll get better at camera juggling as the year progresses,
but these were my first trout of the year so cut me some slack.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Tim J.

"Greg Pavlov" wrote in message
On Mon, 17 May 2004 23:26:18 GMT, "Tim J."
wrote:

"Shorts" - is that okay to say here, or will someone get all
huffy cuz I mentioned my undergarments? ;-)

Thatdepends: are you getting married in Mass this
week ?

I already got married once; I don't think my heart could take it in mass.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:23 PM
Tim J.

"Greg Pavlov" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote:

(. . . and, yes, there's quite a circus going on over here. . . )

I think it's great.

You can think it's great or think it's not, but we *still* have a circus going
on over here. The media blitz is *incredible*! You'd think there was no other
news worthy of reporting.

Of course, you probably think it's great 'cause you're in NY. ;-)
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 18th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tim J. wrote:

Yeah, this ain't some bait chuckin' babe posting, so if you don't like it you
can eat my shorts. "Shorts" - is that okay to say here, or will someone get all
huffy cuz I mentioned my undergarments? ;-)

Intent is everything. I'm assuming that unlike Daisy Mae's swimsuit
tale your intent is not to titillate us with the image of your shorts.
On the other hand, you ARE posting from Massachusetts, aren't you. ;-)

--
Ken Fortenberry- retiring to the bathroom to wash my mind out with soap

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Tim J.

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote...
Tim J. wrote:

Yeah, this ain't some bait chuckin' babe posting, so if you don't like it

you
can eat my shorts. "Shorts" - is that okay to say here, or will someone get

all
huffy cuz I mentioned my undergarments? ;-)

Intent is everything. I'm assuming that unlike Daisy Mae's swimsuit
tale your intent is not to titillate us with the image of your shorts.

Hmmm, no, that thought hadn't occured to me. However, being that most women are
much more detail oriented, is it possible that wasn't snakefiddler's intent
either?

On the other hand, you ARE posting from Massachusetts, aren't you. ;-)

On the other hand, you ARE reading this in Chambana, aren't you? ;-)

Ken Fortenberry- retiring to the bathroom to wash my mind out with soap

It could be too late. Once the stain has set it's difficult to remove.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:41 PM
Tim J.

"Greg Pavlov" wrote...
"Tim J." wrote:

You can think it's great or think it's not, but we
*still* have a circus going on over here. The media
blitz is *incredible*! You'd think there was no other
news worthy of reporting.

I didn't deny the circus part. There is other
news, and it's deadly, but people are tired of
it and since it's far away and doesn't directly
impinge on most of us, it's not too difficult
to put out of sight & out of mind. One of the
downsides of living in a once-rich country that
can afford, for a while longer, to fight wars
with volunteers and delay payment for a generation
or two. It doesn't hurt enough of us enough to
make us think twice before jumping in.

Now that I placed that soapbox under your feet, is there anything else I can do
to make you more comfortable? ;-)

Of course, you probably think it's great 'cause you're in NY. ;-)

We had our own little uprisings by a few mayors
in a few towns but they petered out.

That seems an odd phrase to use in this circumstance.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 18th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Tim J. wrote:
"Ken Fortenberry" wrote...

Intent is everything. I'm assuming that unlike Daisy Mae's swimsuit
tale your intent is not to titillate us with the image of your shorts.

Hmmm, no, that thought hadn't occured to me. However, being that most women are
much more detail oriented, is it possible that wasn't snakefiddler's intent
either?

It's possible, of course, and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump
their asses on the ground every time they took a step.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 18th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 18 May 2004 14:54:50 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump
their asses on the ground every time they took a step.

Wings help while walking, eh? A bit of constructive criticism: it
would make more sense to say "all the time" instead of "every time
they took a step".
--
Charlie...
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Ken Fortenberry

Charlie Choc wrote:
Ken Fortenberry wrote:

and if frogs had wings they wouldn't bump
their asses on the ground every time they took a step.

Wings help while walking, eh? A bit of constructive criticism: it
would make more sense to say "all the time" instead of "every time
they took a step".

Thanks for your thoughtful criticism, but I can't take credit for
that classic country adage and while your version does indeed make
more sense, I'm loath to fiddle with the classics.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old May 18th, 2004, 06:24 PM
Charlie Choc

On Tue, 18 May 2004 17:11:48 GMT, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

I'm loath to fiddle with the classics.

At least get it right, then, and use "hopped" or "landed" in place of
"took a step".
--
Charlie...