Casting Disaster

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Casting Disaster

"Mike Connor" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
SNIP
I think I got the answer to the casting question. It all boils down to

one
important piece of equipment: Dice.

Nope, but you seem to be getting closer. It may come to you if you ever

get
on a roll. ( Of course you will have to get out of the barrel first).

Do you grease your dice with bacon fat? Just wondering, as you seem to

have
a veritable multitude of uses for the stuff.

If you were actually interested in knowing the answer to the casting and
other similar questions, then it would be better to refrain from all this
sidetracking.

MC

Ha! I'm just following the old timers!

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Willi and Sue

Wolfgang wrote:

Actually, Willi is on my "top twenty or so.......roughly" ROFFians list.
Has been for years. Balls, brains, and he's cute.........what more

could a
boy ask?

You almost caught me with that one until I realised it was just another
deceptive deflection to throw me off track!

Willi

Old May 4th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Willi and Sue

Jeff Miller wrote:
to me, this place is a cartoon...enjoy the show, the characters at

times
appear unlikeable or foolish or idiots, some convey useful info during
the show, but i sure don't measure my or anyone else's actual life by
what i read here (except for one asshole, that is g). i think that's
the difference, perhaps? the fact that wolfie endured a week with

me in
wisconsin and michigan is undeniable evidence of his ability to suffer
fools and idiots in real life, and to do it in a gracious and pleasant
manner... also, the fella is wickedly funny, very capable in the
outdoors, and unselfish with his knowledge. i highly recommend him as a
fishing companion. jmo...

jeff

Your assessment is probably right on. However, we each have things that
push our buttons - lawyer jokes for you, for example.

Willi

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:00 PM
riverman

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

If you were actually interested in knowing the answer to the casting

and
other similar questions, then it would be better to refrain from all

this
sidetracking.

MC

Ha! I'm just following the old timers!

Maybe, but it fits into the imagery of a bunch of old timers sitting on a
porch with some deranged Doberman lying there between them, and a new guy
walks up and asks one of the old timers "Does your dog bite?"

We're just cluing you into the knowing glances that the old timers pass
between themselves as they poke the dog once or twice...

--riverman

(Nope, my dog don't bite.)
..
..
..
..
..
..
..
(but that goddammed doberman will chew your leg off if you let it!)

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Doug Kanter

"riverman" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

If you were actually interested in knowing the answer to the casting

and
other similar questions, then it would be better to refrain from all

this
sidetracking.

MC

Ha! I'm just following the old timers!

Maybe, but it fits into the imagery of a bunch of old timers sitting on a
porch with some deranged Doberman lying there between them, and a new guy
walks up and asks one of the old timers "Does your dog bite?"

Does that end the same way as the Peter Sellers version? "I thought you said
your dog doesn't bite!" Other guy: "That's not my dog". :-)

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Wolfgang

"Jeff Miller" wrote in message

i'm thinking this year we *start* at middle falls.

Um.....hm.....well, I'd call that a damned good trick, if we can do
it.

i've gotten way outta shape from boat-ridin fishing. joined a

health
club on april 1st - they were having a 4 month special. i managed

get my workout duds and shoes in the truck yesterday, so i might
actually enter the place by, oh let's say, june (optimism soaring

here).

Yeah, I've gotten so fat and lazy in the last year and a half I'm
starting to look like I BELONG in ROFF.

lookin forward to it. the long walk, that is...

Ditto.

Wolfgang

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:31 PM
riverman

"riverman" wrote in message

Ha! I'm just following the old timers!

Maybe, but it fits into the imagery of a bunch of old timers sitting on

porch with some deranged Doberman lying there between them, and a new

guy
walks up and asks one of the old timers "Does your dog bite?"

Does that end the same way as the Peter Sellers version? "I thought you

said
your dog doesn't bite!" Other guy: "That's not my dog". :-)

Yup, that's the one. Classic.

--riverman

Old May 4th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Tim J.

"Doug Kanter" wrote...
"Mike Connor" wrote...
"Doug Kanter" wrote...
SNIP
I think I got the answer to the casting question. It all boils down to

one
important piece of equipment: Dice.

Nope, but you seem to be getting closer. It may come to you if you ever

get
on a roll. ( Of course you will have to get out of the barrel first).

Do you grease your dice with bacon fat? Just wondering, as you seem to

have
a veritable multitude of uses for the stuff.

If you were actually interested in knowing the answer to the casting and
other similar questions, then it would be better to refrain from all this
sidetracking.

Ha! I'm just following the old timers!

You've posted stuff on this group going back to 2000, so your newbie shtick is
wearing thin. It seems like just about every post was worded to troll a
response.

The good news is that you also seem to go away after a month or so of flurried
activity.
--
TL,
Tim

Old May 4th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Doug Kanter

"Tim J." wrote in message

[...]

Oh yes. Five messages between 12/1/1999 and 1/1/2002. What does this
indicate to you?