Casting Disaster

Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:29 PM
Doug Kanter

Default Casting Disaster

"Willi and Sue" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

Every question in this newsgroup can be answered with the help of a

search
engine. Does this eliminate the need for the newsgroup?

You make a good point but Wolfgang will probably just "talk" around it.
Although he derides others for being self centered, IMO, he more than
any other person on ROFF perceives ROFF to be about him. He seems to
find any fishing related talk boring and is more interested in producing
his long winded diatribes directed toward his choice target of the day.
You just happen to be one of his current favorites!

Willi

It's been my turn in the barrel for a couple of weeks, ever since he
realized that some peoples' children can tie their shoes without help. I
think there's a bit of envy going on here.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
rw

Default Bubba and His Tagalongs

Wolfgang wrote:

Thus explaining why you don't read anything I write......or respond to
it, eh?

I read the short bits, especially when you're doing your usual shtick
with new posters or, lately, with Fortenberry. I REALLY enjoy those.

It's when you start up your tedious, self-important essays that I bail.
I also ignore the lengthy quoted posts from your enemy-of-the-day,
interspersed with predictably bitchy quips.

You are a piece of work -- I'll grant you that. Has anyone ever been
more quick to insult and more quick to take offense? Not in my experience.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 08:47 PM
Wolfgang

"Willi and Sue" wrote in message

You make a good point but Wolfgang will probably just "talk" around

it.

Actually, he didn't make any points that haven't been
presented....better....many times before. For that matter, he didn't
really make any point at all. What he DID do was try to cover his
embarrassment.......something one might be tempted to think he'd be
much better at after a lifetime of practice. This is a lesson on the
virtue of resisting temptation.

Although he derides others for being self centered,

Don't be silly, Willi I only deride people for being self-absorbed if
they are callously or destructively so.

IMO, he more than
any other person on ROFF perceives ROFF to be about him.

Given that ROFF was around for years before I got here, that would be
a tough perception to pull off. But then, maybe I just believe that
it's about me now that I'm here, whereas it MAY have been about
something else before I got here, hm? In any case, I can't make ROFF
be about me. However, you and Stevie and Dougie and Kennie and Kennie
and Charlie and Warren and Ste and Davie and a few others are doing a
fine job of it. Not that I'm shy or anything, but if you're going to
bitch and whine about it common sense dictates that you not do it.
See what I mean?

He seems to find any fishing related talk boring

Hm......I guess I should have told you........things are not always
what they seem. No, really. It's true.

That said, there is a LOT of murderously dull repetition on gear,
technique, etc.

and is more interested in producing
his long winded diatribes directed toward his choice target of the

day.

Well, that IS interesting but not, intinsically, more so than
fishing.....or even talk of fishing, for that matter.

You just happen to be one of his current favorites!

That much is undeniably true.

Wolfgang
me! me! ME! ME! ME!MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME!!!!!

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:09 PM
Wolfgang

"rw" wrote in message
nk.net...
Wolfgang wrote:

Thus explaining why you don't read anything I write......or

respond to
it, eh?

I read the short bits,

Ah, now you read the short bits, eh? You didn't used to read the
short bits. I remember when you said you didn't read ANY of it.
Well, how short? I mean, do you count the words? Cause I HATE people
who count words........um.......unless they're doing it to
share......you know.....not for bragging purposes.

especially when you're doing your usual shtick
with new posters or, lately, with Fortenberry. I REALLY enjoy those.

Well, that's just because you're stupid.

It's when you start up your tedious, self-important essays that I

bail.

Uh huh. Well, are you staying with me this far?......or is this
getting tedious.....or maudlin.....or turgid.....or, God forfend,
self-important? If it is, I understand. After all, there's a whole
world full of teenage girls out there that need attending to, wolves
to be shot, redds to be fished over, women to be sneered at......I
understand that it's easy for a boy to spread himself too thin in this
day and age.

I also ignore the lengthy quoted posts from your enemy-of-the-day,

"Enemy"? Do I have enemies? Any idea who they might be? I mean, I'd
really hate to show up at clave or something and suddenly find myself
engaged in mortal combat (ala Barnard v. Fortenberry) with someone I
wasn't prepared for or even expecting.

interspersed with predictably bitchy quips.

Snot!

You are a piece of work

Thank you.

-- I'll grant you that.

Very gracious of you.

Has anyone ever been
more quick to insult and more quick to take offense?

Well, yes, of course. But thanks for asking.

Not in my experience.

You should get out more.

Wolfgang
oh, and by now EVERYBODY knows that you read every single syllable i
post here......but then, you already knew that.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Wolfgang

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

It's been my turn in the barrel for a couple of weeks, ever since he
realized that some peoples' children can tie their shoes without

help. I
think there's a bit of envy going on here.

Can you even TRY to refrain from making a fool of yourself?

Wolfgang
who has been able to tie his own shoes for years.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:18 PM
Scott Seidman

"Wolfgang" wrote in news:c769a7$98i4$1@ID-
205717.news.uni-berlin.de:

Wolfgang
who has been able to tie his own shoes for years.

You only *think* you can tie your own shoes, much as I did before I read
the Klutz Book of Knots. This tome describes an improved shoelace knot
that I believe has saved me many reties lo these many years. Highly
recommended.

Scott

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:19 PM
Doug Kanter

"Wolfgang" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

It's been my turn in the barrel for a couple of weeks, ever since he
realized that some peoples' children can tie their shoes without

help. I
think there's a bit of envy going on here.

Can you even TRY to refrain from making a fool of yourself?

Wolfgang

Come on, boy. Talk about it. It might help.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:24 PM
Wolfgang

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...

You only *think* you can tie your own shoes, much as I did before I

read
the Klutz Book of Knots. This tome describes an improved shoelace

knot
that I believe has saved me many reties lo these many years. Highly
recommended.

Hm.......intriguing. Bring it along to Penns, please.

Wolfgang
who is tired of wearing slip o.......um.......****.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:27 PM
Wolfgang

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

Come on, boy. Talk about it.

Well, I'm willing to try.......um......can you give me sort of a hint
about what "it" might be?

It might help.

I certainly hope so. I don't think anyone really understands how
difficult this has been for me.

Wolfgang

Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:15 PM
Scott Seidman

"Wolfgang" wrote in news:c769q3$7qif$1@ID-
205717.news.uni-berlin.de:

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...

You only *think* you can tie your own shoes, much as I did before I

read
the Klutz Book of Knots. This tome describes an improved shoelace

knot
that I believe has saved me many reties lo these many years. Highly
recommended.

Hm.......intriguing. Bring it along to Penns, please.

Wolfgang
who is tired of wearing slip o.......um.......****.

Alas, Penns is off the table this season. My wife's been having a rough
year, and I shouldn't be leaving her along on her birthday yet again.

The good news is that after staying home one year, I should be good to go
for the next four or five.

Scott