Lets kill every fish

Old October 30th, 2005, 06:26 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher

Default Lets kill every fish

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:35:49 +0100, "Normandy"
wrote:

No, I don't want any part of the Global Corporatism!
I am however not in control and they don't ask my advice.
The Corporatists have placed us in bonded service3 to China, etc. It's the
beginnings of the new Global Feudalism.
Care to take on our Masters?

I have apologised for my response to you response to George Burnt. It was a
knee jerk reaction. I apologise to you personally.

I am a Scottish fly fisherman now living beside River Risle in Normandy

Vive l'Auld Alliance!

now can we talk about fishing?

Sounds like a good idea to me. In fact, the topic of conversation has
definitely shifted in a better direction. Best way to **** a troll
off... take their threads over. :-)

I've had a look for the Rilse on multimap, but can't find it. I've
always fancied fishing on the continent, especially Scandinavia and
France.

I was talking to somebody about Sweden a few weeks ago, but kind of
lost the plot with the thread when BT screwed up my line for a few
days. I'll be buggered if I can remember who I was talking with
though... my age you see. :-)

John

http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher
Old October 30th, 2005, 07:12 PM
David H. Lipman

From: "Scottish Fly Fisher"

| Ah, it's nice to dream. However, when our masters are your masters'
| puppets, it's kinda disheartening. My philosophy is, "F*ck it! Let's
| go fishing!"
|
| John

http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher

Well it's that time of year again and I'm hoping there will be some mass migration of
Striped Bass and Blue Fish chasing Peanut Bunker off my beach any hour or day now !

Tight Lines to all !!!

http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Old October 30th, 2005, 10:30 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 19:12:09 GMT, "David H. Lipman"

From: "Scottish Fly Fisher"

| Ah, it's nice to dream. However, when our masters are your masters'
| puppets, it's kinda disheartening. My philosophy is, "F*ck it! Let's
| go fishing!"
|
| John

http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher

Well it's that time of year again and I'm hoping there will be some mass migration of
Striped Bass and Blue Fish chasing Peanut Bunker off my beach any hour or day now !

Tight Lines to all !!!

Just goes to show, as one man's fishing season ends, another's is
beginning! Lucky bastid! ;-)

Old October 31st, 2005, 02:48 AM
Tightwad

Normandy wrote:
No, I don't want any part of the Global Corporatism!
I am however not in control and they don't ask my advice.
The Corporatists have placed us in bonded service3 to China, etc. It's the
beginnings of the new Global Feudalism.
Care to take on our Masters?

I have apologised for my response to you response to George Burnt. It was a
knee jerk reaction. I apologise to you personally.

I am a Scottish fly fisherman now living beside River Risle in Normandy now
can we talk about fishing?

Normandy

I am notoffened in the least.
Perhaps i shoul not have posted any follow up replies.
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:17 AM
Normandy

wrote:

[...]

Take a look here www.anglingreport.com/France_Fishing.cfm The Risle is the
best chalk stream in France.

Normandy

Old January 27th, 2006, 03:00 AM posted to alt.fishing

From: "George"

| The worlds fisheries are a disgrace. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
| We are depleting the worlds fish faster than they can reproduce. the
| world's oceans have only 20% of the numbers that were seen in the early
| 50's. Some of it is due to pollution and loss of habitat, but by far the
| most destructive element is fishing. The millions of tons of fish that
| we take are naturally accustomed to such high predation by land based
| species. The world's fish supply is not infinite. Do you want to be
| remembered as the generation that wiped out the fish.
|
| The country with the most claimed enviromentalists: USA ( 1 in 3 claim
| to be an enviromentalist)
| USA has about 5% of the world's population, but consumes 45% of the
| world's resources and is responsible for more than 40% of the world's
| air pollution.
|
| C'mone Mr. Enviromentalist, park your SUV and your motor boat, get off
| your overweight butt actually do something constructive for a ****ing
| change. George Burnt

Talk about a biased post !

Everyone wants to blame the US. The fact is Japan over-fishes to a great
degree, kills whales, makes SUVs and motor boat engines.

Hell, last commercial fish I ate was *farmed* fish, raised in pens...not
stuff just scooped out of the ocean. Last fish before that I
caught myself, from inland waterways which are most certainly not
overfished (well, except for a few species commercially fished for
export...but I don't fish those), but thriving.

The is just a whining BS post with incomplete facts !

I think you need to go to China and/or Russia and try to breath their
air where they have no or very limited air pollution regulations !

Hell, Americas waterways have never been cleaner either...well, not in the
industrial era at any rate. The air here is pretty clean. Forestland is
actually increasing rather than on the decline like the treehuggers want
you to think. And the wildlife....there are more deer now in many parts of
the country than there were in colonial times, bear, mountain
lions, coyotes, bobcats, raccoons, opossum, alligators, and many other
wild animal populations are not only on the rise...but are booming.

Sure, if you concentrate on one narrow thing to the exclusion of
everything else...say CO2 emissions...the USA isn't doing to good, but
overall, the USA is an incredibly environmentally friendly nation.

Old January 27th, 2006, 04:53 AM posted to alt.fishing

Liam Slider wrote:

overall, the USA is an incredibly environmentally friendly nation.

How can it be? It produces Americans. ;-
E.
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:13 PM posted to alt.fishing

"E." wrote in message
Liam Slider wrote:

overall, the USA is an incredibly environmentally friendly nation.

How can it be? It produces Americans. ;-
E.

It produces Americans by naturalizing immigrants from all over the world!
You think there must be something wrong with these people?

Old March 22nd, 2006, 09:46 PM posted to alt.fishing

_______________________________

"Liam Slider" wrote in message
news

From: "George"

| The worlds fisheries are a disgrace. We should be ashamed of ourselves.
| We are depleting the worlds fish faster than they can reproduce. the
| world's oceans have only 20% of the numbers that were seen in the early
| 50's. Some of it is due to pollution and loss of habitat, but by far
the
| most destructive element is fishing. The millions of tons of fish that
| we take are naturally accustomed to such high predation by land based
| species. The world's fish supply is not infinite. Do you want to be
| remembered as the generation that wiped out the fish.
|
| The country with the most claimed enviromentalists: USA ( 1 in 3 claim
| to be an enviromentalist)
| USA has about 5% of the world's population, but consumes 45% of the
| world's resources and is responsible for more than 40% of the world's
| air pollution.
|
| C'mone Mr. Enviromentalist, park your SUV and your motor boat, get off
| your overweight butt actually do something constructive for a ****ing
| change. George Burnt

Actually Africa far out pollutes the US. I 'm not confident on this, but
would wager India coming in a close second or third with North west Eurasia
(Russia). As I recall the US was actually running pretty clean
comparitively. Especially the vehicles because of the Regulations set in
place around 1990 on vehicle emmissions. Laws that DON'T exist in any other
country.

Its the coal and other burnables that third world countries use that cause
mass amounts of pollution. The SUV's aren't the cause of mass pollution
IMHO. The newer US versions of trucks and SUVs are running just as clean as
a 6 cyl coup or smaller. Chances are most folks who are concerned about the
SUV issue just haven't really looked at the world car reports or the world
wide pollution reports. Google it a bit.

I'm willing to bet the poster just doesn't like hunters or fishermen for
some unknown reason (Hunters and fishermen in the US contribute MORE to
animal and wildlife conservation efforts than ANY other group)

Sprattoo-
www.fly-fishing-flies.com