Using Dogs And Cats As Shark Bait

Old October 27th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher

Default Using Dogs And Cats As Shark Bait

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 17:59:28 -0500, Tightwad
wrote:

George wrote:

The people who are screaming the loudest about this are people who probably
don't agree with hunting and fishing. It is hard for me to believe it is
true. Dogs are pets and work animals to me and the line is usually blurred.
I have seen the dogs cut up in the market in Kunsan City, I could never
bring myself to try it.
George in Las Vegas

I hunt and fish as often as I can. I would never consider even using a
mongrel for bait however or a horse for steaks.

Well, at least they haven't made the logical progression towards
solving any unemployment problems they might have.

I think that the outrage is a little misplaced. After all, about
30,000 children die unnecessarily each day through poverty and
neglect. Kinds of puts this sensationalist report into perspective.

John

http://groups.msn.com/scottishflyfisher
Old October 28th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Are you from the phillipines, then you have no idea piehole!

Old October 29th, 2005, 03:30 AM
George

Why is it OK to kill and eat a cow or a pig, but not a dog? Why is it OK to
abuse a pig, but not a dog?
If you say they were bred for that purpose, then that means it's OK to
abuse, kill, and eat a dog if that is what I raised it for.

There is no difference.

George Burnt

Old October 29th, 2005, 05:41 PM
Rodney

George wrote:
Why is it OK to kill and eat a cow or a pig, but not a dog? Why is it OK to
abuse a pig, but not a dog?
If you say they were bred for that purpose, then that means it's OK to
abuse, kill, and eat a dog if that is what I raised it for.

There is no difference.

George Burnt

To me there is a lot of difference, the intelligence of the animal, and
the animals ability to bond, and trust humans

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Long Shot "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread
Old October 30th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:41:44 -0500, Rodney wrote:

George wrote:
Why is it OK to kill and eat a cow or a pig, but not a dog? Why is it OK to
abuse a pig, but not a dog?
If you say they were bred for that purpose, then that means it's OK to
abuse, kill, and eat a dog if that is what I raised it for.

There is no difference.

George Burnt

To me there is a lot of difference, the intelligence of the animal, and
the animals ability to bond, and trust humans

OK, pigs aren't not as sociable as dogs, but they are on par with them
in the intelligence stakes. Why does an animal's worth have to depend
on how they fit in with our perception of what is cute and cuddly?

Meat is meat. Life is life.Everything has it's role to play... even
wasps and midges. shudder Differentiating is taking a polarised
view.

Old October 30th, 2005, 05:55 PM
George

OK, pigs aren't not as sociable as dogs, but they are on par with them
in the intelligence stakes. Why does an animal's worth have to depend
on how they fit in with our perception of what is cute and cuddly?

I think humans have more of a connection with dogs than other animals. They
were probably the first animal we domesticated. We probably hunted with them
before they were "officially" domesticated.

I have raised pigs and while they won't climb in your lap they are fairly
social and as you mentioned very smart. Cattle are dumb, goats are smarter,
and from what I've seen sheep can't be any smarter than cattle.
George in Las Vegas

Old October 30th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Scottish Fly Fisher

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:55:03 -0800, "George" wrote:

OK, pigs aren't not as sociable as dogs, but they are on par with them
in the intelligence stakes. Why does an animal's worth have to depend
on how they fit in with our perception of what is cute and cuddly?

I think humans have more of a connection with dogs than other animals. They
were probably the first animal we domesticated. We probably hunted with them
before they were "officially" domesticated.

I have raised pigs and while they won't climb in your lap they are fairly
social and as you mentioned very smart. Cattle are dumb, goats are smarter,
and from what I've seen sheep can't be any smarter than cattle.
George in Las Vegas

Sheep have to be the most stupid domesticated animal. They deserve to
be eaten, which is why it is my mission in life to consume as much
lamb masaladar as humanly possible.

I read somewhere that if you put a bag over a sheep's head, so no
visual stimuli reach the brain, it actually automatically falls
asleep.

Now, if this is true, and somebody actually spent time and money
researching this, with portable EEG machines and blindfolds, 2
questions spring to mind...

1. Who funded the project?

2. Why did they want to know how to put a sheep to sleep?

Inquiring, (and deeply suspicious,) minds want to know.

Old November 1st, 2005, 12:05 AM
George

Inquiring, (and deeply suspicious,) minds want to know.

Somebody over in your corner of the world probably. Besides wool you have
trouble finding any sheep products over here.
George in Las Vegas

Old November 1st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Larry and a Cat named Dub

I wouldn't use my cat for bait but a PETA member For sure
We had some idiot protesting eating fish in my area. I guess she didn't hear
how Jesus feed the crowd fish not lettuce and carrots

"Tightwad" wrote in message
This is just sick!

Dogs and Cats Used as Shark Bait on French Island

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ogs_sharks.htm

Old November 1st, 2005, 01:55 PM
George

I wouldn't use my cat for bait but a PETA member For sure
We had some idiot protesting eating fish in my area. I guess she didn't
hear
how Jesus feed the crowd fish not lettuce and carrots

This is the best idea to come out of this whole discussion. BTW since they
are opposed to medical research maybe they would volunteer to test some
medicine or cosmetics in the lab.
George in Las Vegas