S.E. PA Fall Faishing

Old October 14th, 2005, 05:23 AM
DaJhaDiKiDut

Default S.E. PA Fall Faishing

Just wondering if there is anyone out there that fishes Penna. and in
particular S.E. PA and Lake Nockamixon and the Delaware River? I'm looking
for some help on what techniques I should be using this time of Oct.
especially with all the rain and overcast we have these last 7 days.

The last 2 weeks of Sept. and the 1st few days of Oct. I was really doing
well with top waters (chuggers primarily) and unwaited Senko's. Since
then....I've been using jerk baits, suspending stick baits and Texas rigged
worms and I'm not even getting bites! What am I doing wrong or what can I be
doing that I am not doing?

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have concerning these
issues.

Thanks for your time,
Scott

Old October 14th, 2005, 02:34 PM
alwaysfishking

Pennsylvania fishing has been tough lately, at least in the NE area where I
am at. I would suggest downsizing, and fishing ultra slow. Finnesse jigs
have paid off as well as 3 inch senko type baits. GL

Old October 14th, 2005, 09:11 PM
go-bassn

Funny you should ask Scott - I just won tournaments at Nockamixon & the
Delaware in the past few weeks! Both are notoriously tough waters. I
caught my fish at Nockamixon in 20-30 feet of water on a dropshot worm, and
my Delaware River fish came flippin heavy cover with a 4" tube. Hope that
helps!

Warren

http://www.tri-statebassmasters.com
http://www.warrenwolk.com

Old October 15th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Joe Haubenreich

When I lived in Secane, Norristown and King of Prussia, PA -- twenty-plus
years back -- I found that bass there went through the same seasonal cycles
as they do down in Dixie. I'm sure the neighborhoods have changed
considerably since then, but bass don't change. You're a few weeks ahead of
us heading toward winter, but maybe you will find some pointers on fall
patterns in Tennessee to be useful. Go to
http://tennesseebassguides.com/tips.html, and then scroll down to find these
articles:

"Crank You[r] Way To Fall Success," by Rick McFerrin
"Fall Patterns For Early Fall Bass," by Tim Mason
"Late Summer/Early Fall Transition Period," by Rick McFerrin
"Fall Transition Bass," by Rick McFerrin
--
Joe Haubenreich
Secret Weapon Lures