Stike King's 3X Zulu

Old April 12th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Bucket Mouth

Default Stike King's 3X Zulu

Anbody ever use these? I saw Shaw Grigsby fishing them, and they just
looked awesome.

They kinda have the same idea as Slug-Gos, but the movement on them seem
even more enticing to me...and I'm not even a fish! ;-)

Old April 13th, 2004, 09:13 AM
G. M. Zimmermann

I've tried them and they're OK, but they are very boyant. The float when
rigged with just a hook. If you want to fish below the surface, you have to
add weight and I think adding weight takes away from the action. It might work
well on a c-rig or a drop shot, but I haven't tried it that way.
The new version, called Z-too, is salt impregnated and is supposed to have a
slow sink rate. This might be a better bait.

-Zimmy
Old April 13th, 2004, 05:28 PM
Bob Rickard

Always keep in mind that Grigsby's show is an unabashed thirty minute Strike
King infomercial, so accept what you see with a grain of salt. When we at
SWL put on unabashed thirty minute infomercials, forget the salt and just
buy, buy, buy...

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old April 14th, 2004, 03:50 AM
Charles B. Summers

I can see it now... me pulling my Secret Weapon Triton to Percy Priest Lake
in my new Secret Weapon Chevy Tahoe, with a new Secret Weapon Green Goddess
tied onto one of our Secret Weapon Custom Rods, a new Secret Weapon fishing
shirt, a new Secret Weapon fishing hat, new Secret Weapon decals.

I'll arrive at the lake to greet my fans and sign autographs, take pictures
of me kissing babies, turning down offers to run as the next mayor of
Nashville, and watching as my roadies load my Secret Weapon Triton model
tacklebox into the cool clear waters of J. Percy Priest Lake.

Ok Bob... this is where I'm having a little trouble. I'm suppose to catch
fish in this lake? and in front of an audience??? Maybe we better move this
thing over to one of those little lakes that Bill Dance fishes. Whatcha
think?

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

om...

Old April 15th, 2004, 12:50 PM
George

Anbody ever use these? I saw Shaw Grigsby fishing them, and they just
looked awesome.

Haven't used them personally, however, did you notice how many hooksets they
missed? Everyone I know that has tried any of the "super-plastics" seems to
have the same oppinion....... hooksets are difficult and the catch ratio is
down.

George
Bucks County, PA
a href="http://www.911bassanglers.com911 Bass Anglers/a
a href="http://www.outdoorfrontiers.comOutdoor Frontiers/a
a href="http://www.nmnp.orgNew Media For Non Profits/a
Old April 15th, 2004, 02:42 PM
BassMr

Last year I was having trouble w/ the hookset too but I started to skin hook
it and that took care of that.As far as getting it to fall slowly I cut up
some suspend strips and put a piece on the hook shank.With a little
experimenting I got the fall rate I wanted and w/ the strip on the shank it
fell horizontally,perfect.

Old April 17th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Bob Rickard

I'm glad my newsgroups are working again, or I would have missed this one.

My reply: Huh?

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)