For my good friend, Ken

Old June 10th, 2008, 06:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

Default For my good friend, Ken

The following is the 2007 winning entry from an annual contest at
Texas A&M University calling for the most appropriate definition of a
contemporary term. The term was Political Correctness.

The winner wrote:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."

d;o)

OTT, fishing is very good inspite of the high air temps - in the 80s
this afternoon. Took big brookies yesterday, and big salmon today.
Brookies on nymphs, salmon on tan caddis drys, size 18. Fished Harry
Mason's Killer Caddis and got two nice salmon fishing it wet, just
under the surface.

Another week and a half to go.

Old June 10th, 2008, 07:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

Dave LaCourse typed:
snip
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Now, *THAT'S* funny!
--
TL,
Tim

Old June 10th, 2008, 09:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

Dave LaCourse wrote in
:

which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Dirty, clean, makes no difference, so long as you taper the ends so you
don't slam shut.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old June 10th, 2008, 10:33 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
roadman

Dave LaCourse wrote:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Dave:

Does this (your distaste for pc) mean it's OK to refer to you as a
"dumbass redneck" instead of an "poorly-educated, unsophisticated
curmudgeon?"
:-)

(I would talk about fishing......but the river's are all blown out--big
time--right now. And will be so for weeks to come.
:-(

Old June 10th, 2008, 11:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry[_2_]

The winner wrote:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Say what you will about PC doctrine, the facts are incontrovertible
and the facts are these, eliminating offensive language from public
discourse makes it more civil and making racial slurs the sole
province of racists and bigots helps teach our young people tolerance.
There have been excesses to be sure, but overall we are a better
society and a better people because of so-called political correctness.

OTT, fishing is very good inspite of the high air temps - in the 80s
this afternoon. Took big brookies yesterday, and big salmon today.
Brookies on nymphs, salmon on tan caddis drys, size 18. Fished Harry
Mason's Killer Caddis and got two nice salmon fishing it wet, just
under the surface.

Another week and a half to go.

Nice to hear the weather warmed up for you. I'm being kept busy
by the cute young blonde, she's wearing me out.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old June 11th, 2008, 01:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:35:46 -0500, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:

Nice to hear the weather warmed up for you. I'm being kept busy
by the cute young blonde, she's wearing me out.

You should see the two young blondes from Russia that are working this
summer - dishwasher and cabin girl. Eighteen and sixteen. And, the
new waitress, a black haired 21 yo from Poland, is a knockout. I am
discovering that I really am a dirty old man. Joanne doesn't worry,
however. Her thinking is that dogs chase cars and they don't know how
to drive. d;o(

A line of thunderstorms came through this afternoon. Big light and
bang show that lasted for two hours. It is now very cool, so sleeping
will be comfortable tonight, using at least two blankets. Tomorrow
promises not to be as warm, so fishing should be even better than
today.

Dave, who still thinks PC is bull****. d;o)

Old June 11th, 2008, 03:47 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Zimbo

On Jun 10, 8:40*pm, Dave LaCourse wrote:

You should see the two young blondes from Russia that are working this
summer - dishwasher and cabin girl. *Eighteen and sixteen. *And, the
new waitress, a black haired 21 yo from Poland, is a knockout.

I gotta get back up there one of these years, with or without nubiles.

--Steve
Old June 11th, 2008, 05:13 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
JR

Dave LaCourse wrote:

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional,
illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream
media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible
to pick up a turd by the clean end."

As a bipartisan bar-crawler in my younger days, even now I
resent--if only in the interest of fairness--calling Republican
girls "turds."

- JR
Old June 11th, 2008, 10:10 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Zimbo

On Jun 11, 12:13*am, JR wrote:

As a bipartisan bar-crawler in my younger days, even now I
resent--if only in the interest of fairness--calling Republican
girls "turds."

Squaws, maybe, but not turds.

--Steve
Old June 11th, 2008, 12:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 00:13:23 -0400, JR wrote:

As a bipartisan bar-crawler in my younger days, even now I
resent--if only in the interest of fairness--calling Republican
girls "turds."

d;o)

But they did have a clean end, eh?