soft jerkbaits

Old February 4th, 2005, 12:50 AM
big fish 2003

Default soft jerkbaits

Ok everyone, whats the best soft jerkbait for you and why?

Old February 4th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"big fish 2003" wrote in message
Ok everyone, whats the best soft jerkbait for you and why?

How about this? Depending upon availability, I like the Driftwood Lures
Jerk Shad, Lunker City FinS Minnow or Zoom Super Flukes. Pearl, baby bass,
salt/pepper and Arkansas Shad have been very good colors. I like to use
them with a 4/0 or 5/0 Gamakatsu EWG hook.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 4th, 2005, 04:44 AM
RichZ

big fish 2003 wrote:
Ok everyone, whats the best soft jerkbait for you and why?

Being the guy who coined the terms soft jerkbait and soft stickbait (in
In-Fisherman magazine, 1989) I have been fishing these things a long,
long, time. For most of the past 5 years, my hands down favorite has
been a 5.75" Fin-S Fish. Albino for smallies and golden shiner for
LM.Caught more than my share over the years on Bass Assasins and a few
on flukes, too. But last summer, I started putting the original Slug-Go
back into play more often, and I caught a boatload or two of fish on the
protos of the heavy salt content version of that as well. For a while,
my committment to Mr. Fin-S Fish kind of wavered. But if I had to chose
one, there's no doubt in my mind it would be the 5.75" Golden Shiner
Fin-S Fish. I also think that most guys run all of 'em on too big a hook
these days. I like a 3/0 Texposer on that 5-3/4" bait. Almost the entire
hook is in the belly slit when it's rigged right.
Old February 4th, 2005, 06:04 AM
Marty

"big fish 2003" wrote in message
Ok everyone, whats the best soft jerkbait for you and why?

I have no idea why. My first were Mr. Twister Slimy Slugs and then I added
Culprit Jerk Worms, Super Flukes and Bass Assassins. They've all done well
and I never had a color that wasn't productive. I don't use them quite as
much as I used to, but when conditions are right, I still love to use them.

Old February 4th, 2005, 12:27 PM
Lamar Middleton

I am in central Florida. I have used the Slug-0, Bass Assasin, and Koo
Minnow with some success over quite a few years. I now use the Super
Fluke almost exclusively for soft jerkbait applications as do most of
the guys I know. Watermelon and its variations (watermelon/red,
watermelon/candy) are the standards.

I usually go to another bait to catch larger fish but the flukes will
catch the big ones too.

Lamar Middleton
Winter Haven, FL

Old February 4th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Chris Rennert

On Thu, 03 Feb 2005 19:50:30 -0500, big fish 2003 wrote:

Ok everyone, whats the best soft jerkbait for you and why?

Zoom Superflukes, and Producto Buzz Tail Shad. I use the buzz tail shad
because of the compact size, and it is available in my favorite color.
Grape / Blue Pearl tail.

Old February 4th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"Lamar Middleton" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am in central Florida. I have used the Slug-0, Bass Assasin, and Koo
Minnow with some success over quite a few years. I now use the Super
Fluke almost exclusively for soft jerkbait applications as do most of
the guys I know. Watermelon and its variations (watermelon/red,
watermelon/candy) are the standards.

I usually go to another bait to catch larger fish but the flukes will
catch the big ones too.

Oh Lord, I know that! During the Southern Classic, I watched one sow come
out from underneath some pads and slurp in a Fluke. I ended up losing it,
but I think that was my first shot at a 10 pound plus fish! I ended up with
Big Bass with a 6. 14, but I think the one that I lost could have eaten that
6!

Soft jerkbaits, when worked properly have a fantastic action and they're
tough to pass up for a hungry fish. I've caught largemouth, smallmouth,
northern pike, muskie, crappie and jumbo yellow perch on jerkbaits.

Old February 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Bass_Mr.

Zoom Superflukes,and I usually color them them up with a marking pen or
dye.I rarely fish one right out of the bag without adding some kind of color
difference.My favorite is the Pearl color and add a chartreuse stripe on the
sides or back with a Zoom marking pen.
news

Old February 4th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Brad Coovert

ZOOM Super Fluke and Super Fluke Jr. in Pearl White, Baby Bass, Smokin
Shad and Lemon Pearl. These have great action and work really well
high in the water column. Work great on a C-rig as well.

Yamamoto Senkos. Other than the obvious deadsticking, I can fish 'em
like a Super Fluke, but they stay deeper due to all the salt without
adding any weight. Any of the baitfish colors will work great.

Senko LITE. I've pretty much replaced all my floating worms with
these.

Now these are not true "soft jerkbaits", but the Yamamoto Fat Ika and
Big Ika are great fishing them this way. You can make the Fat Ika walk
the dog underwater and then "kill it" next to something like a stump or
laydown and it has a great fall. I really like the White/Silver Flake
and Smoke/Silver Flake colors with these.

Brad

Old February 5th, 2005, 10:34 PM
RATMAN

I like the Bass Assasin in smoke shad the best & in early summer only.
Have some problems with a "toothie" critter now & then.