Southern Classic - 2010

Old October 7th, 2008, 04:37 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Moe

Default Southern Classic - 2010

Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe
Old October 7th, 2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Moe" wrote in message
Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe

Just gonna skip 2009 ?

Old October 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
What me worry?

On Tue, 7 Oct 2008 08:37:43 -0700 (PDT), Moe
backed into a tree whilst ridin inna park
then wrote:

Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe

How are ya doin Moe?
Nice to see a classic down South again.

Hopefully I'll still be down in FL then......

Dan
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:08 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers.com

"Moe" wrote in message
Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe

If I'm still alive, I'll be there. Put me on the roster as a boater!
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old October 8th, 2008, 02:38 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Ronnie

I would like to go back to Tennessee but if no one steps up I will try
to set one up in Georgia next spring if there is enough interest.

Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

Old October 8th, 2008, 02:59 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Jerry Barton

Since I was one of the aggitators on this I'll say now that I'll be there,
and I'm sure that Sean will make this one also.

Old October 8th, 2008, 05:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Thundercat

wrote:

Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe

Back to Okee? I'm in...

..
Harry J aka Thundercat
Old October 8th, 2008, 12:24 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Moe

On Oct 7, 1:31*pm, "Bob La Londe" wrote:
"Moe" wrote in message

Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe

Just gonna skip 2009 ?

If you ever decided to attend one of these events, you might
understand what it takes to organize one. We wanted to give everyone a
chance to plan for this one in 2010. So, put your 2 cents in a savings
account and attend this one or are you all post no show?

Good Fishing - Moe
Old October 8th, 2008, 05:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

Default Southern Classic - 2010 - Long

"Moe" wrote in message

Start saving now - the 2010 ROFB Southern Classic is being planned for
Lake Okeechobee, Florida. The event will take place in April or early
May, dates to be announced. Those of you that fished here in 2004 know
the potential. The water level is up and the fish have had some great
spawns. Believe me, it’s a trip you will never forget. More details to
follow as we get closer to the date

Good Fishing -- Moe

Just gonna skip 2009 ?

If you ever decided to attend one of these events, you might
understand what it takes to organize one. We wanted to give everyone a
chance to plan for this one in 2010. So, put your 2 cents in a savings
account and attend this one or are you all post no show?

This is a relatively long reply. Go get a cup of coffee and relax if you
plan to read it all.

Small Events:
I have also organized multi day events similar to yours for the forum
members on my website in the past.

Medium size events:
I run a 12 tournament series year around. It is a lot of work, but I don't
get many participant by challenging them. I also put on a pretty good size
steak feed for the year end awards BBQ.

Big Events (hundreds of participants):
I have put on motorcycle rallys and I know what it takes to put on a big
event. It’s a lot of work and takes months of preparation.

All I did was ask a simple question.

So is there nothing in 2009?

Your tone and attitude of reply to a simply question has made me feel 99%
certain I would not feel welcome. Why then would I want to attend? I have
nothing to prove by attending, and if I am unwelcome why in the heck else
would I want to attend. Doesn't make it sound like much fun for me no
matter how good of a job you do organizing it and putting it on or how much
work you put into it.

No, I think I'll take my 2¢ down to the corner gas station, get some of
those hard candies they have in the gumball machine, and share them around
with the guys.

For anybody else who gives a darn. I own an alarm company and feel pretty
uncomfortable being unavailable to my customers for more than a couple days
at a time. I can fish locally quite a bit and still be reachable. That is
the main reason I have not attended ROFB events in the past. It takes too
many days away at one time for my comfort level. That and the fact that all
the events have been back east. (To us in Arizona anything the other side
of Texas is back east.) I made overtures towards trying to set one up out
west a few years ago, but was shot down. A couple of the guys in Ca said
they might be interested, but everybody else that even replied pretty much
said there were enough already, or indicated it was too far away. If
anybody speaks up now... sorry. I organize 12 fishing events and a big
steak BBQ now, and I help with events for one of the other clubs I am a
member of. I just don't have the time.

Now as far as just being neighborly, anybody from this group who makes it
out my way is always welcome to call and see if I'm available to take them
out on the river. A few have. As the owner of my company I have a pretty
flexible work schedule most times.

Moe, my original reply was pretty harsh and counter challenging, but then I
thought better of it because I do know what it takes to put on an event. I
deleted my reply and wrote this one instead. You felt challenged by my
question. You were wrong to feel challenged, but I do understand. I have
done the same thing myself when I've been putting a lot of effort into
something and somebody interrupts me with a simple question. Because it
takes a lot from my end I made the mistaken assumption just like you did,
that there was a lot to the simple question. No. It was just a simple
question. But, as long as I own an alarm company and all the ROFB events
are back east I probably will not attend. If replies from guys putting them
on continue to be like yours I probably won't attend any after I get big
enough to hire a good manager or retire either.

Bob La Londe
www.YumaBassMan.com

Old October 8th, 2008, 06:07 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Charles Summers

Apparently you do not know Moe...

Moe's a smart ass, sarcastic, grumpy old man to those who don't know and
understand him... but to those who do, he's a softy that's more than willing
to share anything and everything that you are willing to learn. I've seen
first hand his willingness to share and teach as he spent hours and hours on
the water with many of us here in ROFB without a fishing rod in his hand,
giving us the chance to catch his fish that he's spent so many hours
finding.

Believe me that you'd feel more than welcome at one or any of events...
you'd feel more like family.

I'm saving my pennies... Okeechobee is a GREAT time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZQ-S73jfu0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFPjbkZlPHo