How many UK fishermen?

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:09 AM
Brian

Default How many UK fishermen?

Hi. How many people fish in the UK do you think?

EA sell about 1.1 million rod licences, so it has to be more than that.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:17 AM
Mike Connor

"Brian" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi. How many people fish in the UK do you think?

EA sell about 1.1 million rod licences, so it has to be more than that.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

http://www.nfsa.org.uk/conservation/...Eco_Survey.htm

TL
MC

Old December 11th, 2003, 01:20 AM
Brownz

"Brian" wrote in message
Hi. How many people fish in the UK do you think?
EA sell about 1.1 million rod licences, so it has to be more than that.
Any ideas?
Cheers.

Well, there is six regular fisher-persons down my local.
Now, can everyone else in the country please follow up this thread so Brian
can add them all up when we're done!

:-)

Old December 11th, 2003, 12:51 PM
Danny Gibson

I live in Northern Ireland which is UK and EA dont supply the licences over
here its the Fishery Conservancy Board - so it MUST be more than 1.1 mill
fishers in UK

Old December 12th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Phil L

Brian wrote:
Hi. How many people fish in the UK do you think?

EA sell about 1.1 million rod licences, so it has to be more than
that.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Conservative estimates are anywhere between 4.5 - 5 million regular anglers
in the UK, this was in the angling press earlier this year and it includes
coarse, sea and game fishing.

Old December 12th, 2003, 08:37 PM
Brian

Cheers all.

Course fishing then, it is about 2 million at a guess?

Old December 12th, 2003, 11:30 PM
SS

offer a pound to anyone who can produce a picture showing them
fishing...then look at your overdraft...?

seriously I thought it was 3 - 5 million.

It's hard to quantify really...for the last 3 years I've only been fishing
maybe 5-6 times a year.
does that make me a 'fisherman' in the true sense?

but then in the last 6 months I've been on average probably 3 times a
week...

my neighbour took his boys fishing maybe 6 times in the summer - I dont
think they've been since....does that make them anglers???

SS

Old December 13th, 2003, 08:40 PM
Derek.Moody

In article , Brian
URL:mailto
If you only fish a couple of times a year, you are still a fisherman.

IIrc the usual question is something like:
"Have you been fishing in the last twelve months?"

Cheerio,