jig & pig bite

Old March 29th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Ken Blevins

Default jig & pig bite

This year I'm gonna concentrate on the jig and pig and the drop shot.This
year on the jig I've caught a 6 lb-14oz and a few 2 lb'ers.The bite is just
a tap ,like a worm bite ,but not a worm bite either..And I always have to
reel like hell to catch up to the fish because everyone of them has headed
for deep water,right at me. Is this a normal bite ?? I have always heard
that the fish caught on a jig end to be a little larger but I'm not sure,
although the fish I've caught this year have been a bit larger. Hell , now
that I think about it, every fish I've caught was a keeper.
Anyone willing to give me a few hints on this technique??
Thanks in advance
Ken

Old March 29th, 2004, 02:06 PM
AJH

I use a hi vis line for jig and pig fishing, I can see the bite before I
feel it..

Old March 29th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Bob La Londe

"AJH" wrote in message
I use a hi vis line for jig and pig fishing, I can see the bite before I
feel it..

Might be a good idea for dead sticking Senkos too.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index

webmaster
at
YumaBsssMan
dot
com

Old March 29th, 2004, 04:48 PM
AJH

Senko's,tubes, worms, flukes ect,sensitive rods are a adult fairy
tale..imo

Old March 29th, 2004, 06:06 PM
BassMr

Ken,in my experiences with the jig&pig it helps to really watch your
line,especially early in the year when the bass seem to just nip at the
bait.The j&p fish we caught this weekend were just lightly tapping it,and
heading to deeper water,in a hurry.I was using a Curado so I was able to
catch up to them and use a hard sweeping hookset to cross their eyes.Good
luck,keep at it!!

Old March 31st, 2004, 03:02 AM
Thundercat

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 07:38:26 -0500, "Ken Blevins"
wrote:

This year I'm gonna concentrate on the jig and pig and the drop shot.This
year on the jig I've caught a 6 lb-14oz and a few 2 lb'ers.The bite is just
a tap ,like a worm bite ,but not a worm bite either..And I always have to
reel like hell to catch up to the fish because everyone of them has headed
for deep water,right at me. Is this a normal bite ?? I have always heard
that the fish caught on a jig end to be a little larger but I'm not sure,
although the fish I've caught this year have been a bit larger. Hell , now
that I think about it, every fish I've caught was a keeper.
Anyone willing to give me a few hints on this technique??
Thanks in advance
Ken

I meant to post this to the group but emailed privately to Ken by
accident...my bad.

The best jig fisherman I have seen has a bit about it on his website.
http://www.richz.com/fishing/
Scroll down to "Tips & tricks, plus myths debunked" and check around
the dropdown menu for "recognizing a worm or jig bite". I went out the
day after Thanksgiving with Rich and he put more slopy big jig fish in
the boat than I could shake a stick at! I still need to learn how to
do this better myself. I know that I felt a few spit my jig, but never
felt them while they still had it in their mouth. Go figure...

Harry J aka Thundercat
Brooklyn Bill's Tackle Shop Fishing Team
http://www.geocities.com/brooklynbill2003/products.html
Share the knowledge, compete on execution.
Old March 31st, 2004, 05:52 AM
RichZ

Thundercat wrote:
est jig fisherman I have seen has a bit about it on his website.

Blush!

Thanks, Harry. Obviously, you ain't fished with my kid yet. He tells me the
secret is that he's had about every bone in his body broken so many times
in motorcycle wrecks that when he's fishing a jig, every bite hurts him, so
he can't help but feel them.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing