Catawba Worm farms could be the next big thing

Old December 26th, 2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
rw

Default Catawba Worm farms could be the next big thing

Mike wrote:
On Dec 26, 10:48 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

Well, things are not always what they seem, are they?

For example, it seems that one of your years and experience should know when
to quit.

Wolfgang

Some things are what they seem. If it talks like a pompous ****,
behaves like a pompous ****, and constantly insists it knows
everything better than anybody else, while making transparent attempts
at feigning aloof indifference and superiority, then it probably is a
pompous ****, and an extremely verbose example to boot.

MC

And an excellent typist. Don't forget that.

Old December 26th, 2007, 11:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 13:54:43 -0800 (PST), Mike
wrote:

If it talks like a pompous ****,
behaves like a pompous ****, and constantly insists it knows
everything better than anybody else, while making transparent attempts
at feigning aloof indifference and superiority, then it probably is a
pompous ****, and an extremely verbose example to boot.

Good description of yourself, Mike. Well done, lad.

D.

Old December 26th, 2007, 11:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
millard63

On Dec 26, 3:42*pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Tim J." wrote in message

typed:
On Dec 24, 2:28 pm, millard63 wrote:

snip
for your information you should type in the word Catawba for yourself
and you will find that that is how it is spelled for worms, I'm not
illiterate you are, there are several ways to spell differnet things

* *i am often fascinated to observe how often it appears that those
who wallow in their own ignorance are given confidence by the fact
that the same lack of understanding is demonstrated by many others.

C'mon, wayno. Even *you* must appreciate the intricacies in the above
paragraph.

Having long been perplexed the very phenomenon ofitons refers to above, I
can scarcely convey how pleased I am to discover that the solution to the
conundrum of the uncanny replication of shared stupidity is something as
simple as widespread (and evidently long term......on the scale of
centuries) access to the differnet. * * * *

Wolfgang

you dont even know what you just said...LOL....sounds cool though
(((and what is the word ofitons)))
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:46 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
millard63

On Dec 26, 4:11*pm, Mike wrote:
On Dec 26, 9:42 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

Having long been perplexed the very phenomenon ofitons refers to above, I
can scarcely convey how pleased I am to discover that the solution to the
conundrum of the uncanny replication of shared stupidity is something as
simple as widespread (and evidently long term......on the scale of
centuries) access to the differnet. * * * *

Wolfgang

If you were anywhere near as clever as you would like others to think
you are, then you would not even consort with idiots, much less feel
obliged to constantly berate them.

Somebody trying to sell worms on a fly-fishing group is an object of
pity, not ridicule. But you and others feel obliged to display your
scintillating wit, and apparently endless wisdom, regardless. For
many, it makes you look even more stupid than he obviously is.

When was the last time you posted something pleasant and positive? *If
you have to think about it, it was too long, and too little.

MC

cant we all just get along.... no one is ever as smart as they think,
and Catawba worms in a fly fishing group is informative and relevant.
Fly fishermen also fish for other fish.
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
millard63

On Dec 26, 4:37*pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

On Dec 26, 9:42 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

Having long been perplexed the very phenomenon ofitons refers to above, I
can scarcely convey how pleased I am to discover that the solution to the
conundrum of the uncanny replication of shared stupidity is something as
simple as widespread (and evidently long term......on the scale of
centuries) access to the differnet. * * * *

Wolfgang

If you were anywhere near as clever as you would like others to think
you are, then you would not even consort with idiots, much less feel
obliged to constantly berate them.

And yet, here i am......not only consorting, but also corresponding, with
idiots.

Somebody trying to sell worms on a fly-fishing group is an object of
pity, not ridicule.

If you were anywhere as clever as you would like others to think you are,
you would likely not have much difficulty in distinguishing between pity and
ridicule. *In the case under consideration here, there has been a good deal
of the latter and none of the former expressed thus far. *In your own case,
the past couple of years have seen plenty of both, though not necessarily in
equal quantities. *I'm content leave a precise accounting to anyone with
nothing better to do.

But you and others feel obliged to display your
scintillating wit, and apparently endless wisdom, regardless.

I can't honestly recall that I've been much preyed upon by any strong sense
of obligation with regard to anything that takes place here. *But then, I've
never been the repository of much of the prescience that so enshrouds you,
either. *As for wisdom and wit, beauty, as they say, is in the eye of the
beholder. *You're welcome to your opinions.......apparently they are no
longer deemed as the valuable collector's items they once were, eh?

For
many, it makes you look even more stupid than he obviously is.

And this (even assuming.....generously.....that there was a shred of truth
to it) should be of concern to me......because?

Try to bear in mind that not everyone shares your patented "indifference" to
damaged reputation or your strict adherence to a policy of benign and
helpful responses to vituperation and contumely.......moron.

When was the last time you posted something pleasant and positive?

Don't know, exactly. *Why don't you check on that and get back to us, o.k.?

If
you have to think about it, it was too long, and too little.

Well, I don't have to think about it. *I don't define myself by the tasks
assigned me by deranged self-loathing nitwits.

Wolfgang

life is short. Play hard
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

wrote:
If it talks like a pompous ****,
behaves like a pompous ****, and constantly insists it knows
everything better than anybody else, while making transparent attempts
at feigning aloof indifference and superiority, then it probably is a
pompous ****, and an extremely verbose example to boot.

Good description of yourself, Mike. Well done, lad.

D.

Ah well, I was perfectly well aware that some asshole might well write
precisely that, and THE asshole did. LaCourse, regardless of what you
write, you will still always be an asshole, and stupid to boot, and
pleasant and sensible people will always recognise and treat you as
such.

As I wrote, I wish you what you wish others, and should there be any
justice, and only half of what you wish others happens to you, you are
in for a really bad time. Always remember, it could not possibly
happen to a more deserving person.

MC
Old December 26th, 2007, 11:49 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
millard63

"Mike" wrote in message

[...]

Honestly now, if you have nothing nice to say...Dont say anything at
all. You can learn allot from a person just by listening, Didn't mean
to upset anyone or cause any arguements.

Old December 26th, 2007, 11:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:46:30 -0800 (PST), millard63
wrote:

Fly fishermen also fish for other fish.

Millard, uh, the above quote makes no sense. Think about it and get
back to us. We fish WITH flies for fish (trout, salmon, pike, bass,
stripers, bones, you-name-it).

Fly fishermen do not fish with bait, otherwise they wouldn't be fly
fishermen, they'd be bait slingers. Do you understand?

Old December 27th, 2007, 12:12 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 27, 12:46 am, millard63 wrote:

cant we all just get along.... no one is ever as smart as they think,
and Catawba worms in a fly fishing group is informative and relevant.
Fly fishermen also fish for other fish.

Hey dumbo, I donīt care what you post, there is nothing anybody can do
about it anyway. I find it somewhat surprising that somebody wanting
to sell worms ( actually Moth larvae) as bait, would try to do so on a
fly-fishing group, and also **** off his (fondly and completely
mistakenly imagined) potential customers at the same time. But if
dumbos and idiots were not allowed to post here, there would hardly be
sufficient to form a quorum. Indeed, including assholes and spammers
in such a ban would certainly put the tin hat on it.

You might as well try selling ice cubes to Inuit, after publicly
****ing in the fridge,. but donīt let that discourage you. However, as
I am a compassionate man, I might suggest that you keep your day job
for the time being at least. Just until you have whipped up a buying

You might also benefit from reading the "conclusions" presented here;

http://warnell.forestry.uga.edu/serv...istory%5B%5D=2

Should you require a viable commercial alternative, which is currently
shipped in bulk to many countries as bait, and feed for various other
animals requiring live food. might I suggest you try Tebo worms;

http://www.expoag.cl/productos.html

Tebo, ( or Trevo, etc) is easier to spell than catawba, catalpa, or
catastrophe, so might offer an advertising advantage?

MC