Catawba Worm farms could be the next big thing

Old December 27th, 2007, 06:21 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Default Catawba Worm farms could be the next big thing

Wolfgang wrote:
"Russell D." wrote in message
Wolfgang wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message
On Dec 27, 5:55 am, millard63 wrote:
Ok so who is the best Fly fishermen here, and where can you catch the
most trout with flys at
A real fly-fisherman only competes with himself, and tries to become
as skillful as possible within the limitations imposed on him by the
equipment and his own inclinations.

There are many fish species which may be caught on flies, and there
are places where one may under certain circumstances catch a very
large number of them, but this is rarely the aim of a real fly-
fisherman.

If you simply want to catch a large number of trout, then use your
worms at a well stocked put and take fishery, and you will doubtless
haul plenty out. If you want to become a good fly-fisherman, then you
would need to lose the fish-mongering mentality. Fly-fishing is more
about learning things, and then applying them while enjoying the
ambience and challenge, than it is about catching large numbers of
fish, although this too can be pleasant on occasion.
THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP! THUMP!

Wolfgang
who promises a shiny new nickel to whoever first correctly identifies the
source of that sound.

Knuckles on a skull?

Close enough!

It's actually forehead on desktop.......but the entries haven't exactly
pouring in.

Wolfgang

Cool! I've always wanted one of Wolfgang's nickels.

Russell

Who didn't realize the "THUMP!" was self inflicted.
Old December 27th, 2007, 07:15 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

Wolfgang
who promises a shiny new nickel to whoever first correctly identifies the
source of that sound.

Knuckles on a skull?

Close enough!

It's actually forehead on desktop.......but the entries haven't exactly
pouring in. * * * *

Wolfgang- Hide quoted text -

An English or an African desktop?
Frank Reid

Old December 27th, 2007, 07:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Frank Reid" wrote in message
Wolfgang
who promises a shiny new nickel to whoever first correctly identifies
the
source of that sound.

Knuckles on a skull?

Close enough!

It's actually forehead on desktop.......but the entries haven't exactly
pouring in.

Wolfgang- Hide quoted text -

An English or an African desktop?
Frank Reid

Hm......

O.k., I give up.

Wolfgang
who suspects the denouement is going to be one of those "DOH!" moments.

Old December 27th, 2007, 08:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 11:04:19 -0700, "Russell D." wrote:

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:09:08 -0700, "Russell D." wrote:

Despite what Wolfgang may tell you, I am.

Ahemmm. The best day you ever fished wouldn't be as good as my worst
day. d;p)

And I have no trouble telling you where to fish, knowing that the fish
are safe from you. d;o)

Sometimes it's the small element of truth in a jest that hurts more than
an intended insult. :-(

Russell

No hurt meant, Russell.

Old December 27th, 2007, 08:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Russell D.

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:09:08 -0700, "Russell D." wrote:

Despite what Wolfgang may tell you, I am.
Ahemmm. The best day you ever fished wouldn't be as good as my worst
day. d;p)

And I have no trouble telling you where to fish, knowing that the fish
are safe from you. d;o)

Sometimes it's the small element of truth in a jest that hurts more than
an intended insult. :-(

Russell

No hurt meant, Russell.

Dave

I knew that Dave.

Russell

Who is bored here at work and want to be at home sledding with his kids.
Old December 27th, 2007, 08:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Opus--Mark H. Bowen

Dave LaCourse wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 09:09:08 -0700, "Russell D." wrote:

Despite what Wolfgang may tell you, I am.
Ahemmm. The best day you ever fished wouldn't be as good as my worst
day. d;p)

And I have no trouble telling you where to fish, knowing that the fish
are safe from you. d;o)

Sometimes it's the small element of truth in a jest that hurts more than
an intended insult. :-(

Russell

No hurt meant, Russell.

Dave

I knew that Dave.

Russell

Who is bored here at work and want to be at home sledding with his kids.

Opie, who is out of work 'til the 2nd of Jan. and wishes there were so snoe
here to sled in :~^ (

Op

Old December 27th, 2007, 08:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Dec 27, 1:54*pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:
"Frank Reid" wrote in message

Wolfgang
who promises a shiny new nickel to whoever first correctly identifies
the
source of that sound.

Knuckles on a skull?

Close enough!

It's actually forehead on desktop.......but the entries haven't exactly
pouring in.

Wolfgang- Hide quoted text -

An English or an African desktop?
Frank Reid

Hm......

O.k., I give up.

Wolfgang
who suspects the denouement is going to be one of those "DOH!" moments.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Frank Reid
Old December 27th, 2007, 09:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Wolfgang

"Frank Reid" wrote in message

Wolfgang
who promises a shiny new nickel to whoever first correctly identifies
the
source of that sound.

Knuckles on a skull?

Close enough!

It's actually forehead on desktop.......but the entries haven't exactly
pouring in.

Wolfgang- Hide quoted text -

An English or an African desktop?
Frank Reid

Hm......

O.k., I give up.

Wolfgang
who suspects the denouement is going to be one of those "DOH!" moments.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Frank Reid

Nope. Still doesn't ring a bell. But then, when I last saw that one I
was......um......dizzy.

Wolfgang

Old December 27th, 2007, 09:10 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Mike[_6_]

On Dec 27, 10:01 pm, "Wolfgang" wrote:

Nope. Still doesn't ring a bell. But then, when I last saw that one I
was......um......dizzy.

Wolfgang

Well, itīs not really like a bell, more like a hollow
gourd.......................you know, empty vessels and all
that.........is your desk empty?

Also, itīs not the actual sound that induces the dizziness, more the
impact.

MC

Old December 27th, 2007, 11:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
millard63

On Dec 27, 3:19*am, Mike wrote:
On Dec 27, 5:57 am, millard63 wrote:

guess you have a viable point, just thought I might provoke interest.
If it werent for people like me, I guess the world would be very
boring, because people wouldnt have anything to complain about

Far as Fly fishing I have never had the opportunity to go fly fishing,
though would consider it.

Fishing is fishing, regardless of what you use. Fly-fishing however,
has long been considered by many to be a clean ( no bait required!)
and sporting method of angling.

If you want to learn some basics, then have have a look here for
instance;

http://www.associatedinternet.com/flyfishing101/

MC

very helpful information on fly fishing. I just wonder if a Trout
would bite a Catawba Worm.