PMWS pork entering food chain

Old January 10th, 2007, 05:55 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
dh@.

Default PMWS pork entering food chain

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:55:13 +0000, Geoff wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:16:58 -0500, dh@. wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:34:25 +0000, Geoff wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:18:55 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

wrote in message
egroups.com...
. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

???????????????????

Considering that there are more meat eaters in this country that veggies,
can you please explain to me, why, if the meat industry is 'poisoning the
public', the public in general are living a lot longer and as proof, the
pensionable age is to be raised because of the shortfall in pension funds?

Some are living longer, some arent. Many are dying far too early.
Cancers, CJD, Dementia etc.

Doesn't stuff like that kill vegans?

Only if they turned vegan too late.

LOL. Good one.
Old January 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
dh@.

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:31:58 -0000, "Jim Webster" wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:16:25 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:03:20 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Burkie" wrote in message
legroups.com...
Dear Geoff: We have never met, but the tacit reaction to "go
veggie"
is yours, not mine.

pete is the one who told us to buy tesco salmon

Why?

because he is a troll?

Jim Webster

Well in a way we all are, but why would someone who wants to be
thought of as promoting veg*nism suggest that anyone should buy
salmon? And from a particular company?

such is life, don't expect pete to be consistant or even to actually believe
in what he writes if he things it might wind people up

Jim Webster

I've sure noticed that veg*ns flop around about what they believe,
and try to pretend they aren't supporting things that they obviously
are (like terrorism), etc. And that they won't even acknowledge,
much less appreciate, the fact that some animal products involve
fewer deaths than some veggies. They usually if not always deny
such a significant aspect. That alone proves they are very selective
in what they allow themselves to consider, and also that they care
more about promoting veg*nism than they do about human influence
on animals.
Old January 10th, 2007, 06:29 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Jim Webster

wrote:

dh@. wrote in message ...
On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:16:25 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

dh@. wrote in message
m...
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 23:03:20 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

"Burkie" wrote in message
glegroups.com...
[...]

I confess I don't really care. I correct them when they tell lies about my
industry, but as far as I am concerned if they don't want to eat meat, fine,
there are an increasing number of people out there who do
Terrorism is merely terrorism, and we have jails for people who commit that
sort of offence

Jim Webster

Old January 10th, 2007, 06:30 PM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Jim Webster

dh@. wrote in message ...
On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 20:55:13 +0000, Geoff wrote:

On Mon, 08 Jan 2007 15:16:58 -0500, dh@. wrote:

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 17:34:25 +0000, Geoff wrote:

On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:18:55 -0000, "'Mike'" wrote:

wrote in message
legroups.com...
. They are also
poisoning the public because of unhealthy conditions inherent to
factory farming.

???????????????????

Considering that there are more meat eaters in this country that
veggies,
can you please explain to me, why, if the meat industry is 'poisoning
the
public', the public in general are living a lot longer and as proof,
the
pensionable age is to be raised because of the shortfall in pension
funds?

Some are living longer, some arent. Many are dying far too early.
Cancers, CJD, Dementia etc.

Doesn't stuff like that kill vegans?

Only if they turned vegan too late.

LOL. Good one.

not really, given that there has only been 160 odd deaths nvCJD has been the
vegetarian scare story that just failed to happen
Wonder when they will publish the figures for those who have died from nut
allergy in the same period

Jim Webster

Old January 11th, 2007, 05:03 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected]

Jim Webster wrote:

snip

I confess I don't really care. I correct them when they tell lies about my
industry, but as far as I am concerned if they don't want to eat meat, fine,
there are an increasing number of people out there who do
Terrorism is merely terrorism, and we have jails for people who commit that
sort of offence

It must have been a careless admission that you are with the meat
industry. I long wondered why some people attack animal rights
advocates and those who speak out against cruelty to animals on
alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian. I also suspected that the intensity of
those attacks are driven not by any conviction but by pure self
interest of those who profit from the horrible suffering of animals
produced by factory farming. Animals as living, feeling, suffering
creatures mean nothing to the likes of you who try to justify your
cruelty on helpless animals for your profit margin.

Animal rights advocates are not terrorists but the meat industry people
who tourture animals are terrorists. I really do not know the
percentage of people who do not eat meat but I am sure that the numbers
are on the rise. Each video that shows the brutality of meat industry
on helpless animals brings more people closer to saying no to food
produced by cruelty.

How can anyone believe a single word you post when you are motivated by
making money off the cruel treatment of animals? What we need is better
and more effective laws to keep the meat industry from selling unsafe
meat produced by cruel methods to an unsuspecting public.

Old January 11th, 2007, 07:06 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Jim Webster

wrote in message
ups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:

snip

[...]

yawn
I'm honest, which is more than can be said about those animal rights
activists who were paid by an Irish meat factory group to protest against
live exports out of ireland.

fortunately most people out there know that the sort of person who digs up
your granny if you don't agree with them is not the sort of person you can
trust to tell you the truth on anything else either
But never mind, the world over meat eating is increasing, because countries
where poverty has forced people into vegetarianism are becoming more
prosperous and the people are eating meat

Jim Webster

Old January 11th, 2007, 07:41 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
[email protected]

Jim Webster wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:

snip

[...]

Was it honesty or just a careless slip?

which is more than can be said about those animal rights
activists who were paid by an Irish meat factory group to protest against
live exports out of ireland.

That would also be deplorable.

fortunately most people out there know that the sort of person who digs up
your granny if you don't agree with them is not the sort of person you can
trust to tell you the truth on anything else either

I don't care about your or anybody else's personal life but I have
for some time been wondering about the canned posts some people are
putting out and they did look like meat industry shills to me. One has
to wonder why some people would personally attack you and call you
names just because you express your concern for animals unless they are
connected to the meat industry. I love animals and it bothers me that
they suffer and the least I can do is to make sure that they do not
suffer on my account. For some reason, there are a number of people on
this list who hate people for showing concern for animals. Is that
because they know that what they are doing is wrong and must silence
those who remind them of it?

But never mind, the world over meat eating is increasing, because countries
where poverty has forced people into vegetarianism are becoming more
prosperous and the people are eating meat

They will all be driving cars and demanding all the western type
conveniences also, soon turning our planet into a ball of dirty used up
garbage dump.

Old January 11th, 2007, 08:21 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
(o)(o)

On 10 Jan 2007 21:03:32 -0800, wrote:

Jim Webster wrote:

snip

[...]

I wholeheartedly agree. The world is not going to go veggie overnight,
but until it does, there should be the strictest measures in place to
protect animals, and treat them in a genuine, humane manner.

It's not difficult to see where people like Webster come from, happy
to sell their souls for a pittance. He is a puppet of the CLA, and
probably enforcing their bidding.
Old January 11th, 2007, 08:23 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
(o)(o)

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 07:06:52 -0000, "Jim Webster"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:

snip

[...]

That's a lie spread by one of your accomplices, greymuff.

fortunately most people out there know that the sort of person who digs up
your granny if you don't agree with them is not the sort of person you can
trust to tell you the truth on anything else either
But never mind, the world over meat eating is increasing, because countries
where poverty has forced people into vegetarianism are becoming more
prosperous and the people are eating meat

Just demented ramblings.

Jim Webster

Old January 11th, 2007, 08:40 AM posted to alt.animals.ethics.vegetarian,talk.politics.animals,uk.rec.gardening,uk.business.agriculture,uk.rec.fishing.coarse
Jim Webster

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Jim Webster wrote:

snip

[...]

I'm the one who has the courage to post under their own name, I'm not so
ashamed of my opinions that I hide my ID

which is more than can be said about those animal rights
activists who were paid by an Irish meat factory group to protest against
live exports out of ireland.

That would also be deplorable.

fortunately most people out there know that the sort of person who digs
up
your granny if you don't agree with them is not the sort of person you
can
trust to tell you the truth on anything else either

I don't care about your or anybody else's personal life but I have
for some time been wondering about the canned posts some people are
putting out and they did look like meat industry shills to me.

And people should care about that exactly why?

One has
to wonder why some people would personally attack you and call you
names just because you express your concern for animals unless they are
connected to the meat industry.

you attack me with no knowledge of my life,

I love animals and it bothers me that
they suffer and the least I can do is to make sure that they do not
suffer on my account. For some reason, there are a number of people on
this list who hate people for showing concern for animals. Is that
because they know that what they are doing is wrong and must silence
those who remind them of it?

no, it's because they get fed up of a lot of ignorant saddos repeating out
of date information

But never mind, the world over meat eating is increasing, because
countries
where poverty has forced people into vegetarianism are becoming more
prosperous and the people are eating meat

They will all be driving cars and demanding all the western type
conveniences also, soon turning our planet into a ball of dirty used up
garbage dump.

too late, it already happened.
The biggest damage agriculture has done to the planet is feeding people in
cities and letting them turn the place into a festering dirt ball

Jim Webster