New Guy Here

Old January 10th, 2007, 02:43 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
LJM

Default New Guy Here

I just found this NG and wanted to say hello to everyone. I used to
live in South Florida and was an avid bass fisherman who could be found
on the weekends at Sawgrass, Holiday Park, or the Big O with my Storm
Bass Boat. Live was good.

I then decided it was time for a move so in 1993 I moved up to North FL.
I sold my boat before the move and bought a Proline 18' Flats Boat
because I was switching over to fishing the flats for Reds. First thing
I found out was a flats boat was not the best choice for fishing around
all of those oyster bars. After a year or so I traded the flats for a
16' Xpress Tunnel Hull aluminum john boat with a 60 Yamaha on it with a
jack plate. That was a nice boat and perfectly suited for fishing the
flats and backwaters around Ozelo & Crystal River area's.

Then back around 1998 my wife and I split up so my intentions were to
move to Nashville since I was there on an average of a few days every
month. Yeah I'm a musician who thinks he can play guitar. Well I
sold the Xpress because I wouldn't need it where I was heading. Long
story short is my wife and I are still married but the boat was long gone.

My Dad gave me a Hewes Bonefisher with a 115 Suzuki that he had at the
lakehouse at Buckhead Ridge on the Big O but since he sold the LH he had
no use for the boat. I also bought a used Sylvan 14' aluminum boat with
a 2 stroke 40 Yamaha to get back into Bass Fishing. I haven't seriously
fished for bass since 1993 but I imagine nothings really changed as far
as catching bass.

I was planning a trip to the Big O but I'm being told by just about
everyone that Okeechobee is pretty much a dead lake since the hurricanes
of 2004 ripped it apart. Any truth to this?

Anyway the above is kind of a long first post and I hope I don't bore
any of you with it. If any of you have suggestions for where to fish
for bass in North FL I'd for sure welcome them. Glad I found this NG
and hopefully I can contribute.

Jim
Old January 10th, 2007, 08:35 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Dan, danl, Redbeard uh Greybeard now

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:43:51 GMT, LJM wrote:

I just found this NG and wanted to say hello to everyone. I used to
live in South Florida and was an avid bass fisherman who could be found
on the weekends at Sawgrass, Holiday Park, or the Big O with my Storm
Bass Boat. Live was good.

Snip Long intro

Anyway the above is kind of a long first post and I hope I don't bore
any of you with it. If any of you have suggestions for where to fish
for bass in North FL I'd for sure welcome them. Glad I found this NG
and hopefully I can contribute.

Jim

Welcome Jim,

Sit back and enjoy. Might want to check out www.rofb.net for some
info.

Have fun!

Dan

Remove the x for e-mail reply
1996 HD Sportster 1200S. N9JBF. Bass fishing Aficionado!
www.outdoorfrontiers.com www.SecretWeaponLures.com
A proud charter member of "PETAF", People for Eating Tasty Animals and Fish!!!

Old January 11th, 2007, 05:21 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bill & Sue

Moe tells me he's getting good reports on "O". They lowered the water level
and the grass is returning. The fish are still there (large and small) but
you have to know where to look. Sounds to like it's on the mend and still
fishable if you have the patience (sp). Doc

ps.com...

Old January 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
lab~rat >:-)

On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:43:51 GMT, LJM puked:

I just found this NG and wanted to say hello to everyone. I used to
live in South Florida and was an avid bass fisherman who could be found
on the weekends at Sawgrass, Holiday Park, or the Big O with my Storm
Bass Boat. Live was good.

Hey, I live in West Davie and hit your old haunts routinely.

[...]

That's what I've heard, too. Haven't been in 6 months...

--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old January 12th, 2007, 03:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
LJM

lab~rat :-) wrote:
On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 14:43:51 GMT, LJM puked:

I just found this NG and wanted to say hello to everyone. I used to
live in South Florida and was an avid bass fisherman who could be found
on the weekends at Sawgrass, Holiday Park, or the Big O with my Storm
Bass Boat. Live was good.

Hey, I live in West Davie and hit your old haunts routinely.

I was planning a trip to the Big O but I'm being told by just about
everyone that Okeechobee is pretty much a dead lake since the hurricanes
of 2004 ripped it apart. Any truth to this?

That's what I've heard, too. Haven't been in 6 months...

lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

I used to live in your neighborhood. Sunshine Ranches to be exact back
when I had quarter horse's. I do miss having only to drive 20 minutes
and I'd be launching my boat at Holiday Park. I don't miss putting up
with all of the congestion and bottled up traffic every time I'd drive
to town though.

According to this http://tinyurl.com/ym7x2k the Big O is on the mend. I
plan on trying out Lake Walk On Water http://tinyurl.com/yjodxr in the
next week or so. I'll post a report on how the action was.

This NG looks like a good source for bass fishing although there doesn't
seem to be a lot of post's.

Once again guys thanks for the welcome.

Jim