Dropshot

Old January 12th, 2007, 02:14 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
BIG FISH 2006

Default Dropshot

when bass bite a dropshot what does the bite feel like? is it a hard
thump like a worm bite? or just mushy weight.

Old January 12th, 2007, 02:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
when bass bite a dropshot what does the bite feel like? is it a hard
thump like a worm bite? or just mushy weight.

It all depends on how the bass are feeding that day. I've had days when it
just felt like weight, but then other days, there's been no mistake when the
fish hit! That's why a good sensitive rod is so important, so you can feel
the light takes.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old January 12th, 2007, 04:22 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
Bob La Londe

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in message

"BIG FISH 2006" wrote in message
when bass bite a dropshot what does the bite feel like? is it a hard
thump like a worm bite? or just mushy weight.

It all depends on how the bass are feeding that day. I've had days when
it just felt like weight, but then other days, there's been no mistake
when the fish hit! That's why a good sensitive rod is so important, so
you can feel the light takes.

My best days dropshotting there was no doubt about it, but I've had a few
when I never knew they had it until I started to lift the rod. Makes it
tough to tell a bite when fishing grassbeds.

I use a blue St Croix (right at $200) drop shot rod most of the time, but I
have found a Quantum Tournament series rod that works very well and retails
for $79-$89 and can be found on Ebay for as low as $40 that works very very
well as a drop shot rod. TES704F

A sensitive rod definitely makes a difference on those slow days.

--
Bob La Londe
Fishing Arizona & The Colorado River

Old January 13th, 2007, 12:30 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass
WARREN WOLK

Yes

Warren