Bass Teeth

Old October 7th, 2003, 12:06 PM
alwaysfishking

Default Bass Teeth

maybe those bass have a good dentist in the family, or hang out with musky
friends, either way if he bit you I'd bite him back : )
"BassQueen" wrote in message
I didn't know bass had teeth, yet alone a tongue. Guess I'll have to stop
and look next time instead of just posing for the picture with my big

catch.

--BQ

"RichZ" wrote in message
Chuck wrote:
First thing that jumped into my head was a that he had caught a spot

My thought, exactly, when I read the topic starter.

RichZ©
www.richz.com/fishing

Old October 7th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Jeff Durham

My two year old son and I were fishing in the local neighborhood retention
pond last evening. He caught an 8" bass that had some exceptional teeth. I
was surprised because these teeth were bigger than the teeth on larger fish
I have caught.

Jeff

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
Ok, I know this is going to sound silly, but here goes. The last time I

was
out on the river I spent some time exploring some back channels throwing
worms in front of bass.

One really nice looking two pounder I caught seemed to have exceptional
teeth.

I tried to hold him up for a picture a couple times, but every time he
wiggled I dropped him. In fact when I lipped him into the boat it was a
little uncomfortable. Almost like pressing my thumb against a fresh wire
brush.

They weren't so big as to cut up my thumb or anything, but they were big
enough that it was very uncomfortable when he wiggled.

It was a beaughtifully marked largemouth caught out of the mouth of a back
lake in a back lake.

Anybody ever notice a bass with larger than normal teeth?

--
Bob La Londe
Yuma, Az

Old October 8th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Rich Conley

Maybe the teeth get worn down from eating craws and such, and teh fish in our
isolated area is eating mostly minnows?

Bob La Londe wrote:

Charles B. Summers" (remove extra dot) wrote

in message ...
Oh boy!! A question that I think I actually know!

I was told by a guy that I was fishing one time... to find out what the

fish
have been eating over the past week or so was to feel their lips. If they
were rough... they had been eating craws and other crunchy critters.

Maybe, but this just seemed like bigger teeth.

--

Visit Charles at: www.thebasspro.net
www.secretweaponlures.com
www.outdoorfrontiers.com