What is your favorite Fish?

Old October 6th, 2003, 01:38 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Default What is your favorite Fish?

Walleye
Pike
Musky
Bass
Big Catfish and large Carp - when I'm looking to relax and have a battle.
Variety is the spice of life gentleman.

"Craig" wrote in message
m...
Man I have to ask, because as I watch OLN and ESPN2 and all the fishing
shows, bass fishing is low on the food chain for getting air time any

more.
I mean only a couple of years ago you could blop your butt in front of the
TV and watch bass fishing shows all day if you wanted.

There was, In-Fisherman, Hank Parker, Orlando Wilson, Bill Dance, Fish
Fishburn, Larry Nixon, Jimmy Houston, Denny Brauer, Shaw Grisby,

Bassmaster
Tour, Roland Martin, Doug Hannon, FLW Tour, to mention a few.

Some are still on, but not back-to-back like it use-to-be. I loved my
Sunday evenings watching all my favorite shows. It simply topped off my
weekend and better prepared me for another long work week.

Now you get one bass show, then a salt water fishing show, followed by one
or two trout shows, then a hunting show, followed by a gun show, then

maybe
another bass show, and the tale goes on and on.

So what would you rather watch, bass, bass, and more bass, or all these
other fishing shows?

We really need to all pull together and start a Cable Bass Fishing Network
channel that is on 24/7/365 like the Golf channel. Hell, we have the

talent
here, and I know I could sell the show to the sponsors and investors.

Part of me is kidding and part of me is dead serious.
--
Craig

Old October 6th, 2003, 02:15 PM
Craig

So bass is bottom on your "Love to For" fish - what are we going to do with
you?

I am just the opposite. I fish for bass 99% of the time. However, if I hook
into a nice walleye, salmon, trout, steelhead, pike, muskie, channel cat, or
even a big'o'carp I can enjoy the ride it takes me on.

--
Craig

Old October 6th, 2003, 02:39 PM
Illinois Fisherman

Most of the Bass tactics work on Walleyes also - that's what the Linder's
discovered a long time ago - so I follow ROFB to make me a better fisherman
in general. I spent the first 16 years of my life fishing the Little Bay de
Noc every summer for two months - Walleye, Pike, Musky, Perch, Whitefish
were the targets. This was in the 50's and early 60's.

I just like Fishing in general with the exception of Hard Water Fishing. I
have been at it over 50 years and just cannot pick one favorite, I like them
all. Why limit oneself to one species. A general all around education in
fishing suites me well. I find that most tactics that will work one species
will work on another. So when fishing gets tough maybe trying this or that
lure, bait, or presentation will work for the targeted species that day. I
have had days when a Walleye double hook worm harness spinner rig up three
feet off the bottom was catching Bass. Go figure.

om...

Old October 6th, 2003, 05:47 PM
Charles B. Summers

My favorite would have to be the elusive smallmouth. Why? Well, because I
can catch Percy Priest's largemouth and spotted bass *most* of the time, but
the smallies that I've seen come from there excite me, and I've only run
across a few of them in my fishing time.

I don't get too excited about any of the other non-bass species, but do
enjoy the occasional accidental catfish or stripe that happens to come my
way.

Old October 6th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Dave Norton

Bud, I gotta get you on some of dem hybreds!

"Charles B. Summers" (Comcast) wrote in
message ...

Old October 6th, 2003, 08:34 PM
Bob Rickard

Sounds good, Craig. Just make sure that the limo that picks me up for that
11:00 am show is well stocked with Ding Dongs, Twinkees, and hot peppers.

--
Bob Rickard
www.secretweaponlures.com

"Craig" wrote in message
m...
Ok, I can see a line-up already:

7:00 a.m. Good Morning Bass - A National Bass Fishing News Program with

both
National and local weather and Lake condition reports.
9:00 a.m. Live with Steve & Kathy - A Light Hearted Bass Talk Show.
10:00 a.m. The Brian Storm Show - A helpful tips show centering on

cooking,
clothing, tackle organization, etc.
11:00 a.m. The Scene - A round-table discussion group (Moe Conway, Warren
Wolk, Bob Rickard, Dan Warme, and Dave Norton).
12:00 p.m. News - Local fishing news of what happening in your community.
12:30 p.m. Where's All The Bass - A Soap Opera that takes place in the
fictional town of Brinelander, WI and Loom Lake.
1:30 p.m. The Bass is Right - A game show where fisherman compete for

prizes
by guessing what the prices are for various fishing, marine, and

automotive
products.
2:30 p.m. The Jerry Barton Show - A Shock talk show that features anglers
settling disputes, confronting anglers caught on video cheating, Fishing
Partners making surprise announcements that they are fishing with other
anglers, etc. (Jerry! Jerry!)
3:30 p.m. Married and Bassin - a comedy about a bass angler and his

family,
and all the wacky things he does to get out and fish.
4:00 p.m. RichZ (by ZhciR Productions) - A talk show where Rich interviews
fishing most famous anglers and industry giants, has a book club, and

leaves
packages of fishing related products under the seats of his audience

(Rich!
Rich!)
5:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
6:00 p.m. National Fishing News
7:00 p.m. Entertainment Bass - A show that focuses on the Fishing

Industry
and its stars, and the gossip.
PRIME TIME - Changing Nightly
7:30p.m. Bill Dance
8:00 p.m. Hank Parker
8:30 p.m. Jimmy Houston
9:00 p.m. Denny Brauer
9:30 p.m. Larry Nixon
10:00 p.m. in-Fisherman
11:00 p.m. Local Fishing News
11:30 p.m. BassLine with Charles Summers
12:00 a.m. Late Night with Craig
1:00 a.m. Late Late Night with Jack
2:00 a.m to 5:00 a.m. Rodney Long and the infomercials
5:00 a.m. to 7:00 Early Morning Bassin with Pat Goff and his Wild Texans

--
Craig

Old October 6th, 2003, 11:53 PM
Craig

Limo? . . . . next thing you know these people might even think they are
going to get paid {ha, ha, ha}. . . . If they only knew I expect them to
pay me for making them a star. Limo {smirk}. . . Did I say that out loud?
{looks to one side, then the other} . . . . [Thinking - Cool nobodies
around. . . . ha, ha, ha Limo, that so cute}

--
Craig

Old October 7th, 2003, 02:42 AM
Richard Liebert

I love the large mouth but nothing gets the heart thumpin like something
big, real big, with lots of teeth. Close second is the mighty fightin river
small mouth.

Old October 7th, 2003, 09:11 AM
G. M. Zimmermann

Sorry, but theres only so much bass fishing I can take. I enjoy fishing for
largemouth, smallmouth, trout, vrappie, sunfish, catfish, pickerel, musky, and
occasionally even carp and suckers. So I like to watch fishing shows that
target a multitude of species. But being a freshwater guy, some the Sal****er
programs dont interest me much - especially the big game fishing or Marlin,
etc.
Im also an avid hunter, and I enjoy alot of the hunting/shooting shows
also, especially Ducks Unlimited.
Variety is the spice of life.

-Zimmy
Old October 7th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Jeff Durham

Bass fishing is fun, but I enjoy most types of fishing. I would have to say
King Salmon fishing as they begin their spawn are the most fun for me. Then
comes trout, walleye/saugeye, crappie, bluegill, and then bass. Catching
anything is always fun! For me, it probably has more to do with what kind
of fish I like to eat.

Jeff