Rest in Peace

Old July 18th, 2009, 05:41 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

Default Rest in Peace

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 16:46:16 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid
wrote:

On Jul 17, 8:01*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. *Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. *This morning
you we taken from us. *Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

Thank you all. Right now, I'm taking "me" time and I'm about 17
sheets to the wind. I've been told to "be strong" and "stiff uppeer
lip,' **** that. I'll be strong tomorrow for her husband of 6 days
and the two kids who love her. Right now, I don't give a **** about
anyone else. I was a single parent when her mom passed at 5 days
after she was born. She was my baby and my life and I miss her so
terribly much. I don't care if someone thnks this is maudlin, ****
'em. This was my baby. I'm asking everyone out there to hug their
loved ones and tell them how they feel. The last memories I had of
her were last Saturday night as I hugged a beautiful bride in white
and told her her how proud of her I was and that I loved her.
Everyone, go now and hug your loved one. Tell them how you feel 'caus
tomorrow may never come.
Frank Reid

I cannot imagine what you are feeling. All I can do is offer my sympathy, as
well as pass along John Baker's, and this:

Know that you have friends. Whether it's "modern technology" semi-replacing
old-fashioned strictly personal interaction, or simply a nice twist of Karma,
ROFF is, for all its weirdness, a gathering of friends. Some of us have
actually met and some of us haven't, but most of us know each other whether
we've actually met or not. And based upon my experiences, we're all friends,
even with those we haven't yet had the chance to meet. I guess what I'm trying
to say is, and I'll take the liberty of speaking for every man on ROFF, we're
here for you, thinking about you and your family, and you're our friend.

Your friend,
Rick
Old July 18th, 2009, 05:54 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Calif Bill[_2_]

"Frank Reid © 2008" wrote in message
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. This morning
you we taken from us. Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

My sympathies to you. Losing a child has to be the hardest thing we can
ever go through.
Bill

Old July 18th, 2009, 12:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
angler

On 17 Juli, 15:01, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. *Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. *This morning
you we taken from us. *Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

Frank,

It is with profound sadness that I'm reading your post. I am at loss
for words, but know that you and your family have my deepest
sympathies.

/Roger Ohlund
Old July 18th, 2009, 01:44 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

On Jul 17, 8:01*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. *Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. *This morning
you we taken from us. *Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...cal/190147.txt
Tribune business reporter Crystal Reid dies at 29

Frank Reid
Old July 18th, 2009, 04:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 06:01:45 -0700 (PDT), Frank Reid © 2008
wrote:

29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. This morning
you we taken from us. Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

Nothing I can write seems appropriate. Your loss is heart breaking.

Take care.

Geo. C.
Old July 18th, 2009, 10:53 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Jul 17, 6:01*am, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. *Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. *This morning
you we taken from us. *Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

As sad as this tragedy is, you have to be proud of having such an
accomplished daughter. My heart goes out to you.
Old July 18th, 2009, 11:05 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
riverman

On Jul 17, 3:01*pm, Frank Reid © 2008 wrote:
29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. *Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. *This morning
you we taken from us. *Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.
Frank Reid

Don't know if you're still reading this thread, Frank, but today I
went fishing with my best friend from life. We caught some humungous
bass, lots of perch, a few pike. It was a sunny day, the canoe was
perfectly balanced and the wind was low. Couldn't have been better,
but despite the optimal conditions, my heart was heavy all day for
you, my friend. The good and the bad are still there. Now is the time
for grief, strength, abandon, and molding those thoughts that will
become lifetime memories. Later will be the time for immersing
ourselves wholeheartedly into the joy of experiences. Please keep us
all informed of how it goes. We share your pain, we'll share your
healing.

Old July 19th, 2009, 06:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Kiyu[_3_]

29 years ago, I held you in my arms for the first time. Last weekend,
I walked you down the aisle and gave you to another man. This morning
you we taken from us. Walk gently on the clouds my beautiful
daughter, walk gently.

So sorry to hear of your terrible loss. While the path through this
pain can only be found by you it will be traveled with the thoughts of
friends here, both spoken and unspoken.

All children called, all I love yous said.

Kiyu

Old July 19th, 2009, 06:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Frank Reid[_2_]

I and my family are all reading these. At a time like this, one feels
alone and adrift. Words of friends are an anchor to hold on to.
People I barely know are working on my yard, taking care of my pets,
organizing things. Last year, she founded Capitol Shakespeare here in
Bismarck, inspired by the Shakespeare on the Green in Omaha. They
couldn't buy a sponsor till 1/8th of the state's poplulation showed
up. Now they have a bunch of sponsors. People are coming out of the
woodworks. We keep having to go to bigger venues.
Tuesday, hopefully, there will be a memorial and then a wake. The
memorial to remind us all of who she was, the wake to celebrate all
that she meant to us.
Again, thank you all.
Frank, Brenda, Anneliese Reid
Old July 19th, 2009, 03:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
noone

Frank, sorry for your loss, my prayers and thoughts are with you and your
family.

Robbie.
(A reader of this forum from Australia.)