Non-felt wading boots review

Old August 9th, 2009, 07:40 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

Default Non-felt wading boots review

On Aug 8, 10:43*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:10:09 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:

Concept your ass.

Settle down, Francis...

HTH,

Settle down yourself. Coddling ignorance is not harmless. We live in a
country where the majority believes in creationism, including the last
President. Where the majority doesn't "believe in" man's role in
global warming. Where school kids are taught, that if their water test
of a stream indicates ecoli is present, that something is wrong. It is
high time that the gloves come off and folks are informed that there
really are some right and some wrong answers, and that science is not
some liberal ideology that Pastor Bob can explain away over a
milkshake.

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:14 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-08-08 23:08:31 -0400, Ken Fortenberry
said:

Lagavulin is poison ? And this from a candy-assed candy drinker who
drinks Dram-****in-booie ?!!? Mixed with Vermouth !!!!!

Good gawd almighty, just cut off your goddamn manhood, thrust it
skyward clasped in your palsied old palm and proclaim to the world;
"I'm Dave LaCourse and I am a Pussy !!!! "

As if we didn't know that already.

LOL. Perfect reaction.

I will never forget wayno's reaction when he sampled a dram of
Lagavulin at the "tasting" during the First Clave in North Cacalacky.
In his best NC accent, "Never has such foul tasting crap ever passed
over my lips than this ****." Of course he did not know at the time
that I had given him a bottle of the stuff for being the clave meister.
I believe you were the only one that liked it and ended up with
wayno's bottle.

And I don't drink Drambuie. Not a dram in the house. My reaction to
the vermouth/Drambuie was that the vermouth cut the overly sweetness of
the Drambuie. Ketel One on the rocks tyvm.

d;op

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:17 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-08-08 21:56:52 -0400, rw said:

I like to go through other people's medicine cabinets and replace their
eye drops with neat lemon juice. It's important to remove the seeds.

splork mu vang

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On 2009-08-08 23:08:31 -0400, Ken Fortenberry
said:

[...]

Ah...so you are an alcoholic status-symbol-buying yuppie wannabe with no manhood
to cut off...well, don't feel too bad...you can still thrust your palsied old
palm skyward,, and hey, now there's no need for any more proclaiming...

HTH,

d;op

Old August 9th, 2009, 12:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
[email protected]

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 23:40:48 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:

On Aug 8, 10:43*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 21:10:09 -0700 (PDT), DaveS wrote:

Concept your ass.

Settle down, Francis...

HTH,

Settle down yourself. Coddling ignorance is not harmless. We live in a
country where the majority believes in creationism, including the last
President. Where the majority doesn't "believe in" man's role in
global warming. Where school kids are taught, that if their water test
of a stream indicates ecoli is present, that something is wrong. It is
high time that the gloves come off and folks are informed that there
really are some right and some wrong answers, and that science is not
some liberal ideology that Pastor Bob can explain away over a
milkshake.

Dave

Wow - you must be doing acid with Goatgang...but y'all obviously aren't at a
Holiday Inn Express, because Bill didn't say anything, at least that I saw,
about religion or its influence on what appeared, at least to me, to be his
position - that it isn't the best idea to put things not intended for
consumption into containers that previously contained things intended for
consumption. Are you suggesting that he is against it because it would be a sin
or something?

HTH,
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

David LaCourse wrote:
Ken Fortenberry said:
Lagavulin is poison ? And this from a candy-assed candy drinker who
drinks Dram-****in-booie ?!!? Mixed with Vermouth !!!!!

Good gawd almighty, just cut off your goddamn manhood, thrust it
skyward clasped in your palsied old palm and proclaim to the world;
"I'm Dave LaCourse and I am a Pussy !!!! "

As if we didn't know that already.

LOL. Perfect reaction.

I will never forget wayno's reaction when he sampled a dram of Lagavulin
at the "tasting" during the First Clave in North Cacalacky. In his best
NC accent, "Never has such foul tasting crap ever passed over my lips
than this ****."

So that makes two candy-assed candy drinkers.

Of course he did not know at the time that I had given
him a bottle of the stuff for being the clave meister. I believe you
were the only one that liked it and ended up with wayno's bottle.

Yes indeed, that bottle found a very good, if very temporary
home. Which is to say sometimes candy-assed candy drinkers
are useful to have around. And you never have to worry about
them getting into your good stuff.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:31 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
David LaCourse

On 2009-08-09 09:58:01 -0400, Ken Fortenberry
said:

And you never have to worry about
them getting into your good stuff.

Yeah. Suuuuure. Only problem is that everyone at the tasting agreed
that Lagavulin and Leapfrog taste like ****. I thought it taste like
iodine. Give me an new Macallan or an old Balvenie. Hey, chocolate
and vanillla.

Be well.

Old August 9th, 2009, 08:02 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Aug 8, 2:21*am, DaveS wrote:
On Aug 7, 8:39*pm, "Calif Bill" wrote:

wrote in message

.. .

On Thu, 6 Aug 2009 09:02:00 -0700 (PDT), george9219
wrote:

On Aug 6, 11:20 am, Ken Fortenberry
wrote:
Alex Bell, a fly fishing guide in Sylva, North Cackcalacky reviews
some new wading boots with the non-felt soles in today's Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...806-phys-slide...

I guess he likes the Korkers better than the Simms.

Has anybody tried the Chota RockLoc with the rubber soles and
optional cleats ? I love my Chota STL Plus but they're showing
their age and I want to replace them with something that's
not felt. And I ain't paying over $200 for a pair of Korkers.

--
Ken Fortenberry

Not exactly a ringing endorsement of any of them. At best he said they
were almost as good as felt. The Korkers, he indicated were good along
the banks.
As far as cleaning goes, if he is concerned about getting small
amounts of sand out of the uppers, I would question his cleaning
procedure. Felts aren't really a problem to properly clean once you
understand that you are not going to manually remove all traces of a
one celled organism....you have to concentrate on killing it. Maine
has been doing a lot of research and has found soaking in a 5% salt
solution is adequate, and has set up cleaning stations on popular
trout streams. Freezing is also effective. I am 68 and can't afford to
break any bones, so it looks like I'll be buying another set of felts
before they stop making them.

A quick soak and rinse through a _mild_ household bleach solution (a
coupla
tablespoonfuls worth in a half-gallon Gatorade bottle of water) will kill
all
sorts of nasties. *If you're really concerned, use a half-cup of bleach to
half-gallon of water, but be careful with it around anything you don't
want, um,
bleached...

TC,

Do not use gatorade or any other drink bottle for toxic stuff. *Too many
people over the years have died or got very sick from this act.- Hide quoted text -

You have got to be kidding. In the dilution he suggested you would
have an acid solution somewhere between the acidity of a bitter lemon
and apple vinegar, or some especially rotgut wine. In any case,
definitly not WMD. Definitely.

Dave- Hide quoted text -

Let me clarify myself. In a pure form you would have an acid, but
commercial bleach is "stabilized" to a base, to focus the chlorine
reaction. The reactive comparison with the common vinegar, lemon,
rotgut acids holds.

Old August 9th, 2009, 08:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
DaveS

On Aug 8, 10:43*pm, wrote:
[...]

R- Hide quoted text -

I am suggesting that "bleach," is in or necessary for just about
everything we eat, wear, drink, **** in, sleep in, swim in, bath in,
drive, etc etc, everyday of our lives, often closer and in much higher
concentrations, than a few spoonfuls in a half gallon bottle. I would
venture that some kid who chugged some yellowish weak bleach solution
from an old bottle left lying about, would be more likely to gain a
needed valuable life lesson, than be in mortal danger. And its allot
cheaper than teeth whitener.

TEST Question 1: which teeth whiteners contain "bleach,"
TEST Question 2: is your drinking water treated with chlorine?

Dave
Yummy
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:36 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
George Cleveland

http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...how_index.html

I guess he likes the Korkers better than the Simms.

Has anybody tried the Chota RockLoc with the rubber soles and
optional cleats ? I love my Chota STL Plus but they're showing
their age and I want to replace them with something that's
not felt. And I ain't paying over $200 for a pair of Korkers.

I've been wet wading for the last month with first generation Aqua
Stealth soled wading boots. They are fantastic on dry rock but really
not much better than sneakers on the algae covered rocks we have
around here in the bass rivers. Finally I got sick of slipping and
sliding and yesterday threw a pair of insoles inside my studded felt
boots and cinched them up tight.

So much nicer, no comparison.

Rubber sole technology will have to go *a lot* farther before I
willingly give up my felts. I can rationalize my use of felts easy
enough. After all I don't seee the ducks and herons sterilizing their
feet between watersheds. I am also willing to bet that most fishermen
will forgo treating their rubber soled boots, thinking that felt was
the problem and therefor any gain that might be made against invasives
will be nullified by the critters that are imbedded in the nooks and
crannies of folks' $200 Simms.

BTW, Didymo is native to the northern tier of States and Canada. I
think something else is going on that is causing the explosion of
plankton in those areas and probably in areas where it isn't native.

(See, its not hard to rationalize anything when you really don't want
to believe something is true.)

George C.