Finally Caught a Few

Old April 9th, 2004, 03:21 AM
go-bassn

Default Finally Caught a Few

Got out this morning, it felt great to be on the water under sunshine. The
rain held out long enough to enjoy a few hours. The water was still cold,
45 degrees. Managed my 1st keeper of '04 on Gil's new dropshot 4" worm,
then started working a 5" Husky Jerk. No bites for awhile, then I made a
cast & my spinner got a tangle. Took about 20 secs to get the line straight
& when I tightened up a good fish had it already. My partner estimated it
at 5#, I hasd to agree. Caught that one by accident lol, but got a 3# about
10 casts later. We were prefishing for our 1st club tourney of the year,
Saturday morn.

Hope you're all catchin em.

Warren

--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Old April 9th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Charles B. Summers

Congrats Warren! I'd love to have a 5'er anytime, but especially now! So
far, this year has sucked for me and my largest fish so far is about a 4lb
Drum.

I fished yesterday in winds that should have kept me off the lake, but
finally managed to find some fish in the shallows using spinnerbaits and
Flukes. Seems around here, crappie fishing is getting the only action. Water
temps are in the low 60's.

--
Charles Summers
Secret Weapon Lures

Old April 9th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Bob Rickard

Damn! Last year it was catfish, but now it looks like DRUM for '04! What
must we do with you, Mr. Summers... will next year be Sturgeon?

--
Bob Rickard
(AKA Dr. Spinnerbait)

Old April 9th, 2004, 08:34 PM
alwayfishking

Charles "Da Drum ERRRRRR boy" Summers, temps in the 60's would be great,
water was around 45 today, so was the wind
. com...

Old April 10th, 2004, 01:32 AM
John Kerr

Sounds like ya got a plan for the tournamnet...go get em! Nice catch!
JK

Old April 10th, 2004, 04:01 AM
go-bassn

You're right John, I just can't figure out how to get a tangle on every
cast...

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

Old April 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"alwayfishking" wrote in message
Charles "Da Drum ERRRRRR boy" Summers, temps in the 60's would be great,
water was around 45 today, so was the wind

Still iced over, it's 28 degrees right now with a few snowflakes falling.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old April 10th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers

"go-bassn" wrote in message
You're right John, I just can't figure out how to get a tangle on every
cast...

Ask some of my clients, they can tell you! ;-p

Old April 11th, 2004, 03:00 AM
go-bassn

rotflmao Steve. That's why they need a guide!

Warren
--
http://www.warrenwolk.com/

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in