reel/rod case

Old June 21st, 2004, 05:20 PM
Harry

Default reel/rod case

anyone like any particular case for a four-piece 9 foot rod and regular sized reel?

thanks much in advance.
Old June 21st, 2004, 05:45 PM
George Cleveland

On 21 Jun 2004 09:20:02 -0700, (Harry) wrote:

anyone like any particular case for a four-piece 9 foot rod and regular sized reel?

thanks much in advance.

They all seem pretty similar to me. I like the ones with the
divided liners. I have a couple of Bardoles that you can get for a
pretty good price on eBay:

http://stores.ebay.com/A-Ladys-Angle

I also have a Clear Creek and a couple of Redingtons but I like the
Bardoles best.

g.c.
Old June 21st, 2004, 06:42 PM
riverman

"Harry" wrote in message
om...
anyone like any particular case for a four-piece 9 foot rod and regular

sized reel?

thanks much in advance.

I found the prices for manufactured cases were atrocious, so I made my own
from a length of PVC tubing and two end caps. It cost me about $1.50, works
perfectly, and nicely disguises my rod, so that no one is tempted to steal
it.

--riverman

Old June 21st, 2004, 09:08 PM
Bill Kiene

Sage makes some of the most popular Rod & Reel cases.

--
Bill Kiene

Kiene's Fly Shop
Sacramento, CA, USA

Web site: www.kiene.com

om...

Old June 22nd, 2004, 05:11 AM
daytripper

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 20:08:58 GMT, "Bill Kiene" wrote:

Sage makes some of the most popular Rod & Reel cases.

Reddington sells comparable cases at half the price...
Old June 22nd, 2004, 05:51 AM
Wayne Knight

"Harry" wrote in message
om...
anyone like any particular case for a four-piece 9 foot rod and regular

sized reel?

I'm partial to http://www.fishpondusa.com/voyager.cfm, but if you want one
that allows you to leave the rod tube at home and have the reel and rod
attached, sage, redington, orvis, and scientific anglers all have fine cases
which will fit your need. I have the sage models and they are quite handy .

Old June 24th, 2004, 05:05 AM
Tim Carter

"Harry" wrote in message
om...
anyone like any particular case for a four-piece 9 foot rod and regular

sized reel?

thanks much in advance

I've not seen it other than online and in catalogs, but sure looks nice.
http://tinyurl.com/2b3gn