No crappie fishing today!

Old April 16th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Charles B. Summers

Default No crappie fishing today!

After a slow start this morning, I ended up with 1 largemouth, 2 spotted
bass, 1 smallmouth, and of course 1 catfish.

First fish was caught around 6am while jigging a Secret Weapon spinnerbait,
single willow. The next few hours was slow... and I mean s..l..o..w....
Couldn't find any fish shallow, on points, on flats... so the only thing
left was deeper water. All the others was caught on a tube in about 15' of
water. The largest of the day was somewhere in the 20' range.

I've posted a picture to abfp of the largest, about 22". I even tried to
smile this time... kinda hard to do when taking your own picture. Oh yeah,
yes I've gained weight... and yes, I'm still smoke-free so I have an excuse.

Old April 17th, 2005, 01:03 AM
irbfishin

nice fish Charles. i was out there last night for about 3 hours and
lost $15 worth of lures to pick up 2 fish not near as nice as that one.
looks like they put quite a bit of water in. i was able to tie up at
the Long Hunter dock for the first time this year.
Shane

Old April 17th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Bass_Mr.

Nice fish.At least you caught something Charles.Way to go on the "smoke
free".
Memo; Hide the donuts at the MTC.