Penns on June 11

Old June 24th, 2005, 01:56 AM
Gene Cyprych

Default Penns on June 11

In case you don't make it over to the PA Flyfishers.com board there are
some neat new features on the way. But in the meantime, check out what
one of my fishing buddies over their caught on film on 6/11. Here's
the text of his message over there and the link to the pics.

JF

Here are some pics from June 11 on Penns, a few days after the main
drake hatch passed by. This is an unbelievable sulfur spinner fall
with drakes and other assorted insects mixed in. The blurry looking
areas are actually the clouds of sulfurs, while the bigger lighter
colored bugs mixed in are the drakes. Plus other assorted insects are
present. I've seen clouds of sulfurs before on Penns, but this was
the biggest and thickest I've ever witnessed. Fish were feeding on
the drakes, but only in concentrated areas, probably because the low
water may have had the trout more concentrated. I'm sure once the
sulfurs hit the water (they didn't yet at the time we left) the trout
gorged on them.
These pics were taken right at dark so the quality is questionable on
some, but it does give you an idea of the event.

I've never tried this Kodak gallery for hosting pics so I hope it
works....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...y=-7jdr0n&Ux=0

John

If that link doesn't work ROFFians try
http://www.paflyfish.com/cgi-bin/ceilidh.cgi$ceilidh?C39291f8e200A-5651-870-30.htm

Gene Cyprych

Old June 24th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Cyli

On 23 Jun 2005 17:56:42 -0700, "Gene Cyprych"
wrote:

(snipped)

I've never tried this Kodak gallery for hosting pics so I hope it
works....

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slidesho...y=-7jdr0n&Ux=0

It works.

While bugs a few at a time seldom bother me, I think I'd have been
looking for someplace with a screen between me and the outdoors to
watch that sort of show.

Thanks for the pics.

Cyli
r.bc: vixen. Minnow goddess. Speaker to squirrels.
Often taunted by trout. Almost entirely harmless.

http://www.visi.com/~cyli
email: lid (strip the .invalid to email)