Issues

Old August 10th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Me

Default Issues

Please help. I have a 12 foot deep, 6 acre pond in NE Indiana I
stocked 4 years ago with large mouth. I can't catch even one!!! I'm
an "ok" fisherman but does anyone know of a surefire way to even see
if there still in there? Live bait? I'm totally lost... Thanks in
advance

Kevin

P.S. There isn't much cover and it's in full sun
Old August 10th, 2005, 02:54 AM
Rich P

Maybe there's an ROFBer who lives close by and would like to help you
investigate.

Rich P

Old August 10th, 2005, 03:07 AM
Me

ROFBer ?

Old August 10th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Rich P

Someone who frequents this news-group and is local to you.
Rec.Outdoors.Fishing.Bass get it?

Rich P

Old August 10th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Doug

Is the pond aerated?? Do you see any life in there? Bluegill's, minnows,
crawdads or anything? Or does it look "dead"? I would say your best luck
would be at night right now or early morning right before the sun comes up.
Try a jitterbug or a popper and if that doesn't work, try an inline spinner
worked slowly and see how that does... Dark Texas rigged worm with a worm
rattle in it is a pretty good bet too.
I, too, live in NE Indiana and fish up north frequently, the James chain
and Hamilton mostly and sometime get to Coldwater. If you'd like, I would
make a trip there and give it whirl, maybe swap a few fishing strategies
with ya?. I personally am from around the Fort Wayne area myself.
I usually can come up with something if there's fish in it. Not to toot my
own horn, but it's pretty rare that I get skunked.

Let us know how you do!

Doug

Old August 10th, 2005, 04:59 AM
Me

That sounds good! I live in SW Fort Wayne... I actually tried a
Jitterbug red/white tonight for a couple of hours and I caught a HUGE
bluegill (it didn't even fight - I thought I had weeds) but no bass...
It's certainly not dead.. also caught a big cat a few weeks back...

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 03:22:46 GMT, "Doug"
wrote:

[...]

.. .

Old August 11th, 2005, 04:57 AM
Doug

In case you didn't get my email, email me but take out the "NOSPAM" in the
name. We'll get together if you want....

Doug

Old October 9th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Sandon L. Joren

My advice would be to contact your local Game & Fish department. Don't know how they are in Indiana, but have had the NJ branch out several times to look at mine.....

--
Sandy Joren
I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message ...