Brenig Meet - 22nd - 25th June 2006

Old June 14th, 2006, 05:35 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Default Brenig Meet - 22nd - 25th June 2006

One more week to go... one more week of sorrow..

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 14th, 2006, 11:03 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
One more week to go... one more week of sorrow..

I hope you've told Mrs Lawson :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
One more week to go... one more week of sorrow..

I hope you've told Mrs Lawson :-)

I think she's the one with the sorrow...

Had a glorious evening up at Llyn Idwal last night - Alec, I hope that
you're listening....

cheers all

Old June 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

On Thu, 15 Jun 2006, Dave Lane, gave forth these words of wisdom:
Had a glorious evening up at Llyn Idwal last night - Alec, I hope that
you're listening....

I am, damn your hide!
I've had a few personal problems concerning ill health in the family
that have deterred me for getting out as much as I would had liked in
the last couple of months. Bloody annoying seeing as how I had hoped to
have a bumper year on the Windrush.
Not to worry, getting it all sorted out now, and as a consolation prize
the c****e fishing season starts tomorrow and I have all next week off.
Consequently two trips to the Thame near here, (excellent chub and a
chance of a barbel if I'm lucky), and at least one trip to the Windrush
before we meet up in North Wales.
If the weather stays as it is now, (not TOO hot BTW), then I am looking
forward to next week with a vengeance.
No "wife inflicted bloody salad" at the Glan Aber! I reckon a curry on
Friday and Andy's Lamb shanks on Saturday night after the fishing!
Fishing? Oh yes that's what I'm coming up for isn't it. Nearly forgot
:-)
Book my spot at Idwal for Friday!
Cheers,
Alec
--
Alec Powell
Watlington Oxon. UK

Old June 15th, 2006, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Dave Lane" wrote in message
W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
One more week to go... one more week of sorrow..

I hope you've told Mrs Lawson :-)

I think she's the one with the sorrow...

Oh yes.... misses me when I'm away, but always very supportive. "Oh yes....
that's it.... you just go and enjoy yourself" she said. ;o)

Had a glorious evening up at Llyn Idwal last night - Alec, I hope that
you're listening....

Um..... room for one or two more Dave?

Andy

Old June 15th, 2006, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Alec Powell" wrote:
snip

Bloody annoying seeing as how I had hoped to have a bumper year on the
Windrush.

You haven't missed much. Just as the Mayfly started, down came a deluge of
rain! I know we need it, but couldn't it just wait until after the Mayfly?
( The river was high and dirty for well over two weeks!!! I had a go last
Sunday evening and the river was still higher than normal and still a lot of
colour. Some Mayfly spinner and the odd few hatching but not a lot now. Saw
two fish do a single rise once the sun was off the water and that was it. I
tried several casts with a Mayfly dun to each spot but nothing.

No "wife inflicted bloody salad" at the Glan Aber! I reckon a curry on
Friday and Andy's Lamb shanks on Saturday night after the fishing!

Lamb CHOPS!!!!!!!!!!

Fishing? Oh yes that's what I'm coming up for isn't it. Nearly forgot :-)
Book my spot at Idwal for Friday!

Closed shop or by invitation only?

--
Andy Lawson

Old June 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Andy Lawson
writes
Fishing? Oh yes that's what I'm coming up for isn't it. Nearly forgot :-)
Book my spot at Idwal for Friday!

Closed shop or by invitation only?

It's for fly fishermen only, but you can come if you like :-)
--
Bill Grey
http://www.billboy.co.uk
Old June 16th, 2006, 10:54 AM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

Andy Lawson wrote:
"Dave Lane" wrote in message
W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
One more week to go... one more week of sorrow..

I hope you've told Mrs Lawson :-)

I think she's the one with the sorrow...

Oh yes.... misses me when I'm away, but always very supportive. "Oh yes....
that's it.... you just go and enjoy yourself" she said. ;o)

Had a glorious evening up at Llyn Idwal last night - Alec, I hope that
you're listening....

Um..... room for one or two more Dave?

fer sure - more the merrier. We can have a crack at Llyn Ogwen (they
have some boats available) or Bochlwyd which is a bit more of a walk
than Idwal - but not as bad as Ffynnon Lloer which nearly killed Andy.

I think that the river will probably be too low, unless we get a real
downpour. Whatever. Check out the official OVAA site at:

http://www.ogwen.net/

You'd be well advised to bring some midge repellent.. the little beggars
were busy up at Idwal the other night. AS for flies - small, black and
hairy - black & peacock spider, small bibio etc...

The 'links' page has a link to some very nice photos of the area.

Looking forward to seeing you all, let me know what's happening
(that'll be a first..)

cya

Old June 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

"Dave Lane" wrote in message
Andy Lawson wrote:
"Dave Lane" wrote in message
W. D. Grey wrote:
In article , Andy Lawson
writes
[...]

Well.... Reg and myself will be arriving Thursday, so we've got the Friday
to do a little bit of fishing as well I hope. What do you think Reg? Idwal
is quite a long and uphill walk but it is a good path. It's a beautiful
place to fish and a wonderful view down the Ogwen Valley. All depends on how
your legs are nowadays.

If we are on for it Dave, would you be able to arrange for some tickets for
us? If I recall, it's the same ticket for both Idwal and Ogwen (apart from
boat cost on Ogwen)?

Regards,

Andy Lawson

Old June 17th, 2006, 04:29 PM posted to uk.rec.fishing.game

In article , Dave Lane
URL:mailto
Looking forward to seeing you all, let me know what's happening
(that'll be a first..)

It's now definite that I won't be there (just given up and agreed to be
elsewhere) so that leaves plenty of fish for the rest of you.

In case there's anyone that needs it I'm in the process of moving the urfg
badge page - the old one hasn't gone yet but the new one is on:

http://www.fishing.casterbridge.net/urfg/index.html

Which loosens the tie to the ISP - I may need to change later.

Have fun!

Cheerio,