Hardy Jet rod

Old August 6th, 2004, 04:01 AM
Ken Rosenbaum

Default Hardy Jet rod

I have inherited a brand new Hardy Jet fly rod, 6 1/2 foot #7, with original
cloth bag. Anybody want to buy it?
Ken

Old August 6th, 2004, 04:43 AM
Ken Fortenberry

Ken Rosenbaum wrote:

I have inherited a brand new Hardy Jet fly rod, 6 1/2 foot #7, with original
cloth bag. Anybody want to buy it?

What a peculiar fly rod. I cannot for the life of me imagine why
anyone would make a 7wt in such a short length. Is that some sort
of specialized Euro salmon rod or what ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

Old August 6th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Wayne Knight

"Ken Rosenbaum" wrote in message
I have inherited a brand new Hardy Jet fly rod, 6 1/2 foot #7, with

original
cloth bag. Anybody want to buy it?

It can't be too new, unless I'm mistaken, Hardy stopped selling the JET in
the 70's but came out with similar to JET glass rods in the 90's. And are
you sure it's a fly rod? I thought the orginal JET glass rods were 8' and
longer tho there was a line of JET spinning rods .

Wayne

Old August 6th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Ken Rosenbaum

"Wayne Knight" wrote in message

"Ken Rosenbaum" wrote in message
I have inherited a brand new Hardy Jet fly rod, 6 1/2 foot #7, with

original
cloth bag. Anybody want to buy it?

It can't be too new, unless I'm mistaken, Hardy stopped selling the JET in
the 70's but came out with similar to JET glass rods in the 90's. And are
you sure it's a fly rod? I thought the orginal JET glass rods were 8' and
longer tho there was a line of JET spinning rods .

Wayne

I'm pretty sure it's a fly rod, because the reel seat is exactly the same as
all the other fly rods I got. An exact same rod, except a #6 and not a #7,
sold on eBay for about $135 a week or so ago. It looks just like mine.
My uncle was a nutty packrat. I inherited nearly 200 casting rods, spinning
rods, and fly rods. Almost all were absolutely new and unused, and many were
bought decades ago. He lived in Europe for more than 50 years and brought it
all to the U.S. when he moved back several years ago. You wouldn't believe
the stuff he collected. I have several cases of new knives, still in boxes,
that I know nothing about. The man had 200 pairs of new shoes, and 800 pair
on men's underwear, still in the original packaging with the tags attached.
The clothing was all donated to charity.
Most of the flyrods were inexpensive consumer items, I was told, and I got
rid of all but three so far -- the Hardy, a Conolon rod, and a Daiwa. I was
told that these were better quality.
I have a few dozen left of the spinning and bait-casting rods, all new,
including Mitchell, Daiwa, Shakespeare, Ugly Stik, Browning, South Bend,
etc. I have been selling them for $10 to $15 apiece. If anyone's interested,
email me. Shipping isn't too much.
I kept a half-dozen or so for myself, plus gifted my nephews and
brother-in-law.
Cameras are my main hobby, and if anyone wants to see my feedback record,
check ROSEY on eBay.
I also have a photo of the Hardy rod that I can email.
Ken