"New" Rod and Last Days

Old September 25th, 2004, 03:49 AM
George Cleveland

Default "New" Rod and Last Days

The WI season is just about shot. I drove up to the Special Regs
section of the River today and tried out my newest eBay acquisition, a
7' St. Croix Double Power fiberglass flyrod (Model 470-E). It is in
almost unused condition. I had expected it to be slow but I think it
can honestly be rated as at least a medium action. It cast a very
smooth loop with hardly any tip bounce. Very very pleasant rod to fish
with. I would bet its at least 30 years old, probably older. I don't
feel quite as sorry for all those oldtimers who had to get by using
'glass rods. Anyhow, heres some pics.

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034475.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034472.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034473.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034471.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034470.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034474.jpg
http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/034469.jpg

hth

g.c.

BTW, some of the local rednecks have ganged up along with our local
Uber-redneck state senator to try to remove the Special Regulations
section from the River. If anyone could find the time to write to the
WI DNR Secretary Scott Hassett and tell him to keep the Special Regs
in place on the PrairieRiver in Lincoln Co. Wisconsin it would be much
appreciated. His email address is:

Tusen tak

g.c.

Old September 27th, 2004, 03:04 AM
Todd Enders

Love those fall brookies!!! :-) The rod
isn't half bad, either, and can't beat the
scenery. :-)

Todd
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:20 AM
George Cleveland

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 02:04:38 -0000, Todd Enders
wrote:

Love those fall brookies!!! :-) The rod
isn't half bad, either, and can't beat the
scenery. :-)

Todd

Yep.

The season here ends on Sept.30, in 3 days. The trees usually are in
full color a couple weeks after that. I wish the powers that be could
see their way clear to keeping the season open just that couple of
weeks more. Then again a person would probably go into overstimulation
shock from the oranges and reds of the maples and the brook trout if
they were seen at the same time.

g.c.

"To every season turn, turn, turn ... yadda yadda yadda"