Penn's Clave weather report....

Old April 10th, 2007, 02:20 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

Default Penn's Clave weather report....

......Hell, no, I haven't any scientific information! However,
I have been informed that Willi will be attending this year,
and am thus convinced to pack raingear, and would advise all attendees to do
likewise. Also, pack cribbage boards, backgammon sets, martini shakers and
other suitable indoor entertainment. Bring a camera, as upon his only prior
trip to PA, I spotted 50 foot tall trees dropping into the creek and other
wonders of nature that I thought I would never see.
Tom
p.s. Come to think of it, Reid mentioned that he was
tent camping, so not only will it be subjected to Biblical
Flooding, but the valley could see fleets of drug-addled
swimming black bears!

Old April 10th, 2007, 02:42 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Flytyer37

On Apr 9, 8:20 pm, "Tom Littleton" wrote:
.....Hell, no, I haven't any scientific information! However,
I have been informed that Willi will be attending this year,
and am thus convinced to pack raingear, and would advise all attendees to do
likewise. Also, pack cribbage boards, backgammon sets, martini shakers and
other suitable indoor entertainment. Bring a camera, as upon his only prior
trip to PA, I spotted 50 foot tall trees dropping into the creek and other
wonders of nature that I thought I would never see.
Tom
p.s. Come to think of it, Reid mentioned that he was
tent camping, so not only will it be subjected to Biblical
Flooding, but the valley could see fleets of drug-addled
swimming black bears!

Actually, I've heard that others may be attending that may increase
the Biblical Plague ratio exponentially. All's we need is someone who
can trash a camper. By the way, didn't Willi also dredge up a 30"
fish? I think I'll take a run up Elk with bologne flies. Then again,
it was during that trip that I invented the very successful Rotten
Banana Stonefly.
Frank Reid

Old April 10th, 2007, 06:50 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Tom Littleton"
Tom
p.s. Come to think of it, Reid mentioned that he was
tent camping,

well, that means my pop up is Fort Knox!

john

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:29 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"asadi" wrote in message
t...
well, that means my pop up is Fort Knox!

john

can be taken many ways, and yes, I would agree!g
Tom

Old April 10th, 2007, 01:13 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"Flytyer37" wrote in
oups.com:

[...]

Frank, perhaps you better consider wearing those SOSpenders to bed.

BTW, do you have a hatch chart for "Reid's Run"

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply
Old April 10th, 2007, 01:34 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

Tom Littleton wrote:

"asadi" wrote in message
t...

well, that means my pop up is Fort Knox!

john

can be taken many ways, and yes, I would agree!g
Tom

ditto. the best night of sleep i've had in years was in the forward
bunk of that pop-up in the yoop. fond memory.

jeff
Old April 10th, 2007, 03:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Ken Fortenberry

Tom Littleton wrote:
.....Hell, no, I haven't any scientific information! However,
I have been informed that Willi will be attending this year,
and am thus convinced to pack raingear, and would advise all attendees to do
likewise. ...

Any recommendations for a motel room in the vicinity of Clave
Central ? The weekend of the 18th is Penn State graduation and
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a room. And where is
Clave Central anyway ?

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old April 10th, 2007, 08:47 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
asadi

"Ken Fortenberry" wrote in message
t...
Tom Littleton wrote:
.....Hell, no, I haven't any scientific information! However,
I have been informed that Willi will be attending this year,
and am thus convinced to pack raingear, and would advise all attendees to
do likewise. ...

Any recommendations for a motel room in the vicinity of Clave
Central ? The weekend of the 18th is Penn State graduation and
I'm having a hell of a time trying to find a room. And where is
Clave Central anyway ?

--
Ken Fortenberry

'Bout 25 minutes east... Hemlock Acres Campground just south of
Millheim..cool little town Millheim is...

....and, on you way out of Penn you can fish right at the war monument!

john

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tom Littleton

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
BTW, do you have a hatch chart for "Reid's Run"

Early morning to noon: Ducks, size 10/0
Afternoon--Coolers, size variable
Evenings--Bears, hatch may be heavy

no need to imitate nymphs of any kind, as no self-
respecting nymph would ever venture into that meadow....
Tom

Old April 10th, 2007, 10:32 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Scott Seidman

"Tom Littleton" wrote in news:5hTSh.8782$FC5.567
@trndny06:

"Scott Seidman" wrote in message
. 1.4...
BTW, do you have a hatch chart for "Reid's Run"

Early morning to noon: Ducks, size 10/0
Afternoon--Coolers, size variable
Evenings--Bears, hatch may be heavy

no need to imitate nymphs of any kind, as no self-
respecting nymph would ever venture into that meadow....
Tom

Tom,

New POTW! I suppose there are some of us that still await a spontaneous
metaphormasis of an Amish maiden, but anticipation is fun, too!

Once again, BTW, I must send my regrets. That weekend is commencement
here, as well as at PS, and all of my advisees are now graduating
seniors. Meeting the parents at graduation is somewhat of a big deal.
Believe it or not, faculty participation at commencements is surprisingly
low, and I like to do my part to make the kids feel important.

Again, I'll remind folks that I'm trying to throw a little something
together for the first weekend in June on the Beamoc. If anyone could
escape, even for a quick overnight, I'll bend over backwards to see that
there are ample accomodations.

--
Scott
Reverse name to reply