Dog Days Fly Swap sign up

Old August 15th, 2005, 03:19 PM
Tim J.

Default Dog Days Fly Swap sign up

So far, the following people have expressed interest:

Dave Martel
Chuck Vance
Wayne Knight
Hans van der Stroom
Anthony Nolastname
Daniel-San Nolastname (must be brothers)
Stan Gula/Tim Johnson
Tim Johnson

If each of you in the above group would send me an email to kpos3wt at
comcast dot net I can start assembling my email group for updates and
notices. That makes eight so far with a week left for the sign-up. I'd like
to keep the number of participants under twenty to keep the burden low
because I know a lot of you are still actively fishing. If the number stays
*this* low, we may want to tie two flies each, but we can discuss that after
the sign-up deadline (August 22.)

This will be the third swap I've 'meistered, and they're a lot of fun. I'd
encourage all fence-sitters to jump in and give it a try. This is a creative
group and you'll get some way-cool flies in return for your efforts. Just

Starting this Wednesday August 17, I may be without Internet access for a
few days, so, if you try to email or ping (ugh) me, don't worry (be happy)
and I'll return with all my charm at the latest on Tuesday August 23.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 20th, 2005, 11:30 PM
Stan Gula

Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:
Im interested Any Pattern?

Hi Larry. I'll answer for Tim because I'm assuming he's still in the middle
of moving to a new place - he's been offline for several days.

No set pattern - the theme is 'your favorite Dog Days fly'.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:17 AM
Tim J.

Stan Gula wrote:
Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:
Im interested Any Pattern?

Hi Larry. I'll answer for Tim because I'm assuming he's still in the
middle of moving to a new place - he's been offline for several days.

No set pattern - the theme is 'your favorite Dog Days fly'.

Hey - mind yer own biznez, sicko-boy. ;-) Hope you're feeling better.
I'm at the new place and wired for Internet! ...and wireless (should
have done THAT a long time ago.) ...and secured, so Forty can't steal
the bandwidth. ;-)

Larry - I got your email, too, and glad to have you on board. Of course,
Stan is right, as usual.

Mike - got your email, too, and we're sitting at 10 swappers now with
only a little more than two days to go. I'll give the final count
Tuesday 8/23 in the morning.

I also got emails from several other swappers so I can set up the email
DDFS updates. If you haven't emailed me yet, please do so at kpos3wt at
comcast dot net.

YeeHAAAAAAA! Swap ON!
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 21st, 2005, 04:49 AM
Gary or Linda Brown

"Tim J." wrote:

Stan Gula wrote:
Larry and a Cat named Dub wrote:

Hi Larry. I'll answer for Tim
No set pattern - the theme is 'your favorite Dog Days fly'.

Hey - mind yer own biznez, sicko-boy. ;-)

I also got emails from several other swappers so I can set up the email
DDFS updates. If you haven't emailed me yet, please do so at kpos3wt at
comcast dot net.

YeeHAAAAAAA! Swap ON!
--
TL,
Tim
---------------------------
http://css.sbcma.com/timj/

Tim ,
If there's still room and time i'd like to join in.
(Need a good reason / excuse to sit down and tie something.)

Gary

Old August 21st, 2005, 12:44 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Tim J." wrote in message
YeeHAAAAAAA! Swap ON!
--
TL,
Tim

Alright, I'm in, if y'all don't mind getting ****ty flyz of unknown
origin--yet to be determined.

Mark --who will actually attempt to tie the best quality fly he possibly
can!--

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Stan Gula

Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:
Alright, I'm in, if y'all don't mind getting ****ty flyz of unknown
origin--yet to be determined.

Mark --who will actually attempt to tie the best quality fly he
possibly can!--

Just don't be sending any of those $1 clousers you're buying from that
flyfish_rep guy.
--
Stan Gula
http://gula.org/roffswaps

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:51 PM
Guyz-N-Flyz

"Stan Gula" wrote in message

Just don't be sending any of those $1 clousers you're buying from that
flyfish_rep guy.
--
Stan Gula

Regrettably, I had already placed my order with the SCHELPmeister, but I
promise not to forward them *directly* to the SWAPmeister.

I ordered his *dry fly* version of the Clowser. He guarantees it to float
and sink, all at the same time, go figure? Not surprisingly, he accepted a
Lovely Bunch of Coconuts, in trade fro his flyz.

Mark

Old August 21st, 2005, 01:56 PM
Tim J.

Guyz-N-Flyz wrote:
"Tim J." wrote in message
YeeHAAAAAAA! Swap ON!
--
TL,
Tim

Alright, I'm in, if y'all don't mind getting ****ty flyz of unknown
origin--yet to be determined.

Mark --who will actually attempt to tie the best quality fly he
possibly can!--

Great, Mark and Gary - you're in. That makes an even dozen so far. I
just hope I can find my tying stuff soon... then I'll have to move boxes
to make room for tying... then there's that motivation thingy...
--
TL,
Tim