Merry Christmas, good people

Old December 29th, 2006, 10:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
daytripper

Default Merry Christmas, good people

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:08:57 -0500, "Opus" wrote:

"rw" wrote in message
link.net...

I wonder what daytripper's been smoking?

Oh, I don't think he claims to know anything about your finances, he just
know about the word on the street.

Op --I'm a grapevine man myself--

Kindly leave me out of your public hallucinations, thanks ;-)

/daytripper
Old December 30th, 2006, 01:37 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Opus

"daytripper" wrote in message
On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 16:08:57 -0500, "Opus" wrote:

"rw" wrote in message
hlink.net...

I wonder what daytripper's been smoking?

Oh, I don't think he claims to know anything about your finances, he just
know about the word on the street.

Op --I'm a grapevine man myself--

Kindly leave me out of your public hallucinations, thanks ;-)

/daytripper

No, your welcome.

Op

Old December 30th, 2006, 01:53 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Charles Summers

You're right... his death was actually the Thursday before, hince Holy
Thursday.

Believe it? Not really... the conspiracy theories neither.

"rw" wrote in message
nk.net...
Charles B. Summers wrote:
Just to stir it up a little more...

Christmas isn't the season commemorating the death of Jesus... that's
Easter.

Actually, Easter commemorates the resurrection of Jesus (and if you
believe that actually happened I have a Nigerian investment opportunity
that might interest you).

Old December 30th, 2006, 07:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Charles Summers wrote:
You're right... his death was actually the Thursday before, hince Holy
Thursday.

In my intensely religious upbringing it was called Maundy Thursday. The
whole Easter deal started on Palm Sunday, the Sunday before Easter,
commemorating when Jesus reputedly rode into Jerusalem on a donkey along
a path of palm fronds. That may have actually happened, and Jesus (if He
really existed) may have actually been crucified, but he didn't rise
from the dead, ascend into heaven, and return to Earth. That's just a
crock. It's no more plausible that Scientology.

In my religious tradition Easter was a far more important holiday than
was Christmas. Christmas was looked down upon as a secularized orgy of
materialism, which, of course, it is. Easter is the focal point -- the
nexis -- for all the irrational, batty, sadistic poppycock that
underlies Christian mythology.

No doubt some devout Christians, and even some not-so-devout ones, will
be upset about my disrespect of their religion. Tough ****. I have zero
respect for it, or for any other religion. Religion is self delusion
grounded in a fear of death. It's spawned more hatred and violence than
can be imagined. It's a curse on humanity, and it's time for us to grow
up and face facts.

Old December 30th, 2006, 05:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
bones

On Sat, 30 Dec 2006 06:08:36 GMT, rw
wrote:

Charles Summers wrote:
[...]

Does this mean there is no Santa?...
Harry
troutflies com
Old December 30th, 2006, 06:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Ken Fortenberry

rw wrote:

... Religion is self delusion
grounded in a fear of death. It's spawned more hatred and violence than
can be imagined. It's a curse on humanity, and it's time for us to grow
up and face facts.

The facts we have to face, can you write them down somewhere
so those of us who don't possess your certitude about the
unknowable mysteries of life, death and everything can read
them over ? It'd be awfully nice of you and I'm sure it wouldn't
take a smart fellow like you any time at all. Thanks.

--
Ken Fortenberry
Old December 30th, 2006, 06:45 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Rodney Long

rw wrote:
Charles Summers wrote:
You're right... his death was actually the Thursday before, hince Holy
Thursday.

At least get what little you know right, his death was om Friday, the
body had to be taken down prior to the start of the Sabbath which was
Sundown on Friday hence "good Friday" .
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Mojo SpecTastic "WIGGLE" rig, SpecTastic Thread,
Old December 30th, 2006, 11:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
Bass_Mr.

snip In my intensely religious upbringing it was called Maundy Thursday.

Your "religious upbringing" doesn't sound so intense but you are right, it
IS still called Maundy Thursday, that's the day after Ash Wednesday, which
follows Palm Sunday.
What "religion" that you could have been brought up in looks down on
Christmas ? Granted it has become too commercialized but it still is a
celebration of the birth of Jesus and rightfully so.
The awesome,wonderful thing is that even in your total disrespect for God,
He still loves you anyway.
Jesus has not returned to Earth yet, He sits at the right hand of the
Father, so my advice to you is to get ready.
I hope you didn't celebrate Christmas, that would make you a hypocrite,
among other things.

"rw" wrote in message
ink.net...

Old December 31st, 2006, 12:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.fishing
rw

Bass_Mr. wrote:

The awesome,wonderful thing is that even in your total disrespect for God,
He still loves you anyway.

I don't disrespect God, because God doesn't exist. It's superstitious
fools like you that I disrespect.