My new rig is ordered!!!

Old February 4th, 2006, 09:51 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

Default My new rig is ordered!!!

When ya' gonna' be in Miami?

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" wrote in
message ...
Well, it has happened!!!

I'm getting the FastCat C20. After talking with a couple other boat
manufacturers, as well as other FastCat owners, I've decided to take the
next step and get one of the little rascals.

After talking with Jerry, the president of the company, I am now the
Wisconsin sales rep for Fast Cat Marine and there's talk of more to come
in the not too distant future!

The FastCat owners that I've talked to have been more than impressed with
the fishability, as well as it's rough water capability. I've been told
that the storage is huge, which I need, and that they're a very
comfortable, dry riding and FAST boat.

We'll find out more when I get down to Miami later this month to meet with
the owners of the company and to drive these little rascals. There's one
boat down there that has twin 300 hp Merc's on the back and they're going
to let me drive it!!! I've been told that they've hit 118 mph with it.
That's something I've always wanted to do with a boat, drive into the
triple digits and now I'm going to do it. How cool is that?

I'm getting the boat rigged with a fair amount of cool stuff, a Merc 250
XS, Lenco Trim Tabs, stereo and all the other goodies as well. The list
of goodies is fairly extensive and I'm getting the trailer upgrade as
well, seeing's I put a lot of miles on a trailer.

With some reservation, I'm putting a MotorGuide 105 pound thrust, 36 volt
trolling motor on it as well, the digital model with depth track, shore
track and that kind of stuff. I don't know if this is a good thing, but
no one responded here or on the other locations that I posed the question,
so I called a couple of service centers for MotorGuide.

The report that I got was that this series of motors is doing very well
but they all cautioned me that the more complex the motor is, the more
likely it is to have something go wrong. I knew that before I ever picked
up the phone! Both places said that they haven't been seeing them come in
for repair for the same thing consistently, and that a lot of engineering
had gone into upgrading the systems after MotorGuide bought PinPoint
Trolling Motors. I loved my PinPoints, so hopefully this new TM will be
as good or better.

So now it's fly to Miami, run the boats and see what color I want to have
them build the boat in.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:54 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Now THAT sounds fun Steve, you know we'll hook up in the
not-too-distant-future my boy!

When you say "flippin deck" do you mean some kind of elevated platform???

No. Right now, and it's kind of hard to tell from the pictures on the
website, the front deck extends from the bow back roughly 6 1/2 feet. The
console is kind of a center console design with a seat/storage in front of
the console, with room for someone to put their feet between the seat and
the deck.

Even though everyone tells me that I'll not be able to fill the existing
storage, I thought it would be nice to have the deck extend all the way back
to the front of the console, eliminating that seat in front of the console
and have additional compartments underneath that extended deck. Decks of
this nature are often times called flipping decks.

I'm not worried about passenger seating though. As it is now, I'm ordering
the model with a bench seat that will fit me and two clients behind the
console.

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:55 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Steve believe me you dont want a jet engine with those weedy lakes you
fish
up there...

Yeah, but just because I wouldn't want one, that doesn't necessarily mean
that others wouldn't. Most jet propulsion systems are notoriously
inefficient and I wouldn't want to lose speed.

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:56 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
BASS/FLW guys wont touch anything but Triton & Ranger now, not with all
the
incentives etc. I'm in the market for a new Ranger myself, doesn't make
sense to get anything else if you fish FLW.

You have to do what you have to do.

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:57 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"go-bassn" wrote in message
Thanks Steve its definbately cool -looking.

Some like it, some don't. All I know is that no one has said that it wasn't
striking! Personally, I like the style. One thing's for certain, it's not
a cookie cutter boat looking like others!

Old February 4th, 2006, 10:59 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

"Jerry Barton" wrote in message
When ya' gonna' be in Miami?

We'll be getting in on the afternoon of the 22nd, and leaving the morning of
the 25th. You gonna be down there? If so, we should hook up. I have your
cell phone number, if you're down there, I can call you and we'll get
together for a barley pop or two.

Old February 5th, 2006, 05:04 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.bass

I'm still winning to bet that you've fished Barkley alot more than any of
us!

We'll give you a handicap though... but you'll have to fish with Steve.
Hopefully he'll have you glued to the seat, afraid that if you stand up that
he'll fire up the big motor again ready to move! j/k

"John Kerr" wrote in message

My new rig is ordered!!!

Group: rec.outdoors.fishing.bass Date: Sat, Feb 4, 2006, 12:08pm From:
charles (Charles B. Summers)
John... You're about the closest person here to Lake Barkley... and we
are
having a get together there in April!
hint, hint
=======
Charles, I will be there if at all possible...I really want to get
together with all of you! I had planned on spending a couple months out
west during that time, but maybe I can rearrange the schedule.

But ya'll will have to give me a "handicap", I have just been fishing
Kentucky Lake the past year, and havn't been on Barkley in a while.

John