A shout out to my fellow Roffians

Old August 13th, 2007, 02:22 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeffc[_2_]

Default A shout out to my fellow Roffians

For one reason or another, I haven't been fly fishing much in the past 3
years. I do miss it, and I also miss the ROFF trips.

This is a little sappy, but I do occasionally daydream of trips past and
fishing exploits with some of my ROFF friends. It does make me feel good to
know it's out there, whenever I can make it again.

Old August 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Tim J.

jeffc typed:
For one reason or another, I haven't been fly fishing much in the
past 3 years. I do miss it, and I also miss the ROFF trips.

This is a little sappy, but I do occasionally daydream of trips past
and fishing exploits with some of my ROFF friends. It does make me
feel good to know it's out there, whenever I can make it again.

Hi Jeff - good to see your posts. I've only fished three or four times this
year myself and after each session I need a few weeks to mend. If anyone
asks, I do NOT recommend getting older. By the time you get smart enough to
know better, it's too late.
--
TL,
Tim

Old August 13th, 2007, 01:20 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

jeffc wrote:
For one reason or another, I haven't been fly fishing much in the past 3
years. I do miss it, and I also miss the ROFF trips.

This is a little sappy, but I do occasionally daydream of trips past and
fishing exploits with some of my ROFF friends. It does make me feel good to
know it's out there, whenever I can make it again.

sept 29-oct 13 in graham county...?

jeffm
Old August 13th, 2007, 11:03 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jh

nice to hear from you Jeff- I haven't been fishing or Roffing much
lately either. Maybe next year the weather and schedules will be more
favorable.

John H

Old August 14th, 2007, 04:43 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

jh wrote:
nice to hear from you Jeff- I haven't been fishing or Roffing much
lately either. Maybe next year the weather and schedules will be more
favorable.

John H

see john...this is where the names can get a might confusing. jeffc
lives in raleigh...i live in greenville. he's the skilled
fisherman...i'm the stumbler/grumbler-fish-til-they-surrender fisherman.
i know he's been west a time or two, though i only recall his visit to
the henrys fork gathering. so, you've probably fished with both of us
(assuming of course that you are john h from missoula) at some point on
that trip, but with me more since we fished at rock creek and the
gallatin/madison/yellowstone areas. i'm the one who showed you fawn
lake's allure...g

anyway, again assuming you're that john...i too hope you'll get your
priorities straight and that both of us jeffs will see you next year. g

jeff
Old August 14th, 2007, 05:01 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jh

On Aug 13, 9:43 pm, jeff wrote:
jh wrote:
[...]

Ahh Fawn lake- now that was a trip. IIRC Jeffc has a cherry rod case
i built for one of the raffles- Rock Creek I think. But you are
correct, names and dates are blurry. I've been shooting a lot of
skeet the last couple of years for funsies. I try to do some fishing
in the spring before blow out- after blow out water temps have been
going up fast.

Did have a couple really nice floats on the Bitterroot, and one
exceptional float on the Blackfoot- same float we did on the Rock
Creek Clave- but it was much cooler and the Salmon flys were out in
force :-)

Major fires along Rock Creek right now, burning to the west of the
creek. Called the Sawmill fire complex. I believe you can still fish
the creek- hoot owl hours in force- but the road is closed to all but
residents and emergency vehicles.

I had hoped to make the proposed September in the park clave we
discussed last year, but alas it is not to be. Daughter Emily is
"with child" and is due mid sept. She is flying in today from her new
home in Kansas to stay with us for a couple months. Her husband was
transfered back to Missoula for a 3 month temporary recuiting post,
about 2 months after they bought their little house in Kansas.

john h

Old August 15th, 2007, 02:16 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jeff

jh wrote:

[...]

great to hear from you again john. seems the rumor of your alzheimers
was a bit exaggerated as you've pegged us correctly g...btw, that was
a beautiful bit of work on that case the wrong jeff won in the raffle (i
think it was him).

so how many grandchildren will this one make? ...and we seemed so young
up on fawn lake, didn't we? g

i haven't heard from chas about the september trip, and now my schedule
is clogged so looks like i'll miss it this year. i was looking forward
to learning a bit more from you guys about the lake stuff.

keep in touch...the years seem to go by faster now.

jeff

jeff
Old August 15th, 2007, 03:27 AM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
Dave LaCourse

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007 21:16:07 -0400, jeff
wrote:

IIRC Jeffc has a cherry rod case
i built for one of the raffles- Rock Creek I think.

It was the Henrys Fork Clave, John. I had a couple of very nice
floats with you that week and can not thank you enough.

BTW, your anniversary is coming up. d;o) Or is it your wife's
birthday? d;o( Regardless, come early September, buy her some more
flowers - roses. She deserves them. Hell, *I* should buy her some
roses for coming down and picking us up in the camper that day, and
making coffee for us. I don't believe I was ever as cold as I was at
the end of that float. That coffee hit the spot.

Old August 15th, 2007, 03:00 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
jh

wrote:

It was the Henrys Fork Clave, John. I had a couple of very nice
floats with you that week and can not thank you enough.

BTW, your anniversary is coming up. d;o) Or is it your wife's
birthday? d;o( Regardless, come early September, buy her some more
flowers - roses. She deserves them. Hell, *I* should buy her some
roses for coming down and picking us up in the camper that day, and
making coffee for us. I don't believe I was ever as cold as I was at
the end of that float. That coffee hit the spot.

Dave

Yeah- gonna be very busy fall- not only is daughter no. 2 due in mid
sept- her older sister Heather is due in December with twins. We go
from one grandkid to 4 in a little over three months. Grandkid no. 1
is soon to be 3- he was born very,very premature- and is perfectly
healthy now.

Yup anniversery comming up, and the big 50 for me also.

That was quite a float on the Henry's Fork. I remember the one big
bruiser you boated before we got caught in the deluge. That was a
great clave.

Maybe next year things will return to the normal state of confusion
and I can get my ass to a clave again.

Jh

Old August 15th, 2007, 09:06 PM posted to rec.outdoors.fishing.fly
W. D. Grey

In article , jeff
writes
jh wrote:
[...]

I think you're the Jeff Miller who signed my ROFF 99 Fall Ball Cap
--
Bill Grey