Western Conclave Update

Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:10 PM
Warren

Default Western Conclave Update

Okay gents, I have finally put together a somewhat limited
information page for Mayhem on the Madison II. I'm still open for
other names for this conclave so if you have one, I'm all ears. :-)

I put links to various accommodations, the Cabin Creek FS Campground
that will be Clave Central, hatch charts, etc. I got off the phone
with the owner of the Slide Inn a few minutes ago (sorry Randy Kane,
I interrupted him while he was emailing you g) and he said that he
may still have a few rooms available for July. He is in the process
of confirming the reservations he has and cancelling some here and
there. I would advise you to call ASAP if you are still looking for
a place to stay as I am sure they will go fast.

I have a new email addy in case you guys want to drop me an email
with your questions. The yahoo addy will still work, but my primary
email addy is now at earthlink.net . Email addy and link to the web
page are in my sig.

I am toying with the idea of going out on a little fishing expedition
tomorrow up to the where the Clave will be. Kelly said that there is
about 5' of snow at the Cabin Creek Campground but that the fishing
has been really good with midge patterns (some of the ones I gave him
that were the SJ patterns that Bruiser told me to tie up). If this
weather keeps up, we very well could be having the clave during high
water levels and stonefly hatches so be prepared for difficult wading
and kick ass fishing. It will all depend on how spring runoff goes,
which I have no control over. Hopefully runoff will be over and the
stoneflies will just be hatching while you guys are here. It is just
an incredible hatch that I think everyone should fish at least once
in their life.

Snowpacks are already pretty good and more snow is coming so it is
starting to look like it very well could be a really good year for
snowpacks around the state. This could mean later runoff, higher
river levels, much cooler water temps and several other good things.
I'm really looking forward to the fishing next year if this pattern
keeps up. The rivers should be in prime shape and make floating much
easier.

The list of attendees that I currently have is:
Dave Martel
Jeff Miller
IJ
Lou Teletski
Tom
Charlie Choc
Tim Lysyk ?
Danl & Cindy
RW

If your name isn't on this list, please drop me a line with your
intentions. It makes it much easier for me if I know roughly how
many people are coming.
--
Warren
(use troutbum_mt (at) earthlink dot net to reply via email)

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:49 AM
Marshall Krasser

Warren,
Thinking Hard . . . and thinking about driving.
Total Est. Time:* 16 hours, 20 minutes Total Est. Distance:*986.55 miles
Ouch.

I might have a small gap between projects, but will need to confirm as
the date grows closer.

Anyone from the S.F. Bay Area (or along the route) interested in a "convoy"?

Give us a T.R. if you check out the river tomorrow. I did have a nice trip on the
Trinity River this past fall, loads of Salmon and Steelhead in the river . . . I had
a feeling we would have a wet/heavy snow year based on the numbers
of fish we were seeing.

-Marshall

Warren wrote:

[...]

NOTE: Please remove "MY_WADERS" from my return Email address
if you wish to reply directly. Thanks, M

Old January 3rd, 2004, 01:56 AM
Larry L

"Marshall Krasser" wrote

Total Est. Time: 16 hours, 20 minutes Total Est. Distance: 986.55 miles
Ouch.

I usually run to Windyyukka, Nv the first day, and on into Island Park/ West
Jellystone the next, towing a trailer. And both my vehicle and it's
operator are old and slow. It's not that bad a drive, going to Montana
..... it's the grind back to Arnoldland that's a bitch G

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:38 AM
bruiser

Great update Warren. You can add me to the list.

bruce h

Old January 3rd, 2004, 02:47 AM
Willi

Warren wrote:

If your name isn't on this list, please drop me a line with your
intentions. It makes it much easier for me if I know roughly how
many people are coming.

Me

Willi

Old January 3rd, 2004, 03:35 AM
pw

The list of attendees that I currently have is:
Dave Martel
Jeff Miller
IJ
Lou Teletski
Tom
Charlie Choc
Tim Lysyk ?
Danl & Cindy
RW

If your name isn't on this list, please drop me a line with your
intentions. It makes it much easier for me if I know roughly how
many people are coming.

I may drive over and join you guys, if that's all right, and if I can
get a day off.

I'd join you on the Madison but I don't like driving in the dark. I
just had a herd of deer cross right in front of my truck on the way
into town for dinner. Luckily I was able to stop the truck in time. I
hate driving 191 in the dark too.

Paul Williamson
Livingston, MT
please use "paulwilliamson at spamcop.net" for e-mail
thanks

Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:41 AM
daytripper

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 20:44:24 -0700, Warren wrote:
It is quicker going through Ennis now. The new road is pretty damn
nice to drive on and the construction zones weren't bad last time I
drove over. The deer can still be a problem if you aren't careful
though.

Right. The S4 stays home...

/daytripper ("Helloooo, United!" ;-)